Enrique Removes His Trademark Mole

suzieQ

Postby suzieQ » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:30 am

Enrique talks about his mole on Access Hollywood today
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
source: http://www.sun-times.com (Chicago)

Smooth move! Enrique sheds his celebrity mole

August 20, 2003

Enrique Iglesias is in town today for a show at the House of Blues, but fans of the Latin crooner may not recognize him.

Iglesias tells "Access Hollywood" on today's show, airing at 6:30 p.m. on WMAQ-Channel 5, that he has gotten rid of his trademark mole. "I went to the doctor one day and he said I could have it removed in five minutes," Iglesias tells the newsmagazine. "I thought about it and asked, 'What are the consequences if I do it or if I don't?' I didn't really care. But then the doctor told me that with time the mole could cause cancer, so I thought, 'Oh, go ahead. Take it."

Another article about it....

Enrique Iglesias Has Mole Removed
Associated Press

BURBANK, Calif. - Enrique Igelsias is missing something, and some of his best friends didn't even notice.

The Latin crooner had his trademark mole removed recently after a doctor told him it could lead to cancer, he told "Access Hollywood."

He wasn't looking to have it removed but didn't have an emotional attachment to it, especially after the doctor's news, he said.

The procedure took about 5 minutes.

Iglesias has been nominated for a Grammy in the best male pop vocal album category for his "Quizas" record.

goldstar99.

Postby goldstar99. » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:24 pm

He is hot regardless, with or without the mole. It's best he got rid of it though, because down the road it could have become cancerous since it's always exposed to the sun's rays. He's still Enrique with or without it and he'll always be number 1 with me!

Return to “Enrique Iglesias”