Rave Reviews For Enrique!

suzieQ

Postby suzieQ » Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:37 am

Way to go, Enrique! OUATIM is getting great reviews and so are you for your acting debut! Congratulations! We fans knew your charisma and sexy voice would win fans and critics over! I can't wait to see the movie, myself.

here are what some of the critics had to say about Enrique's participation in the movie:

*And as El's henchmen, played by Enrique Iglesias and Marco Leonardi, lend a pinch of manly brouhaha to all the shoot 'em up slices in what seems to be a Sergio Leone homage. -- Emily Blunt, Blunt Review

*Now, Banderas is back as El Mariachi — "They call him 'El,' as in 'the,'" longtime Rodriguez player Danny Trejo points out.
Banderas gets top billing in a cast that has to be one of the most gorgeous ever assembled: Johnny Depp, Salma Hayek, Eva Mendes and Enrique Iglesias co-star. --By CHRISTY LEMIRE, AP Entertainment Writer

*and the rest of the cast create equally memorable characters (including, surprisingly, Enrique Iglesias). Everyone has a distinct motive--revenge, honour, money, power, escape, love--driving them through the carnage and destruction to a shrewdly idealised conclusion. --Review by Rich CLine

latinmusiclover

Postby latinmusiclover » Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:49 pm

Man, this is better that I could have ever imagined. I seen the movie and was pleasantly surprised that Enrique had a bigger role in the movie that I thought. He was seen here and there throughout the movie and he had a singing scene and even had some funny scenes. What the best feeling was, hearing other people whisper to each other commenting that Enrique was actually quite impressive in the movie. That made me so happy. Now all these other people who aren't normally Enrique fans are now getting a respect for him. It was just unreal how action packed and awesome this movie was! Antonio Banderas was great as usual but actually Johnny Depp almost steals the show with his performance. I have to say that this movie was behond my expectations. I love it! It kept me entertained. It had drama, it had comedy and it had mind blowing action. It was very violent which explians the R rating but it was a great treat for a teenage to older audience.

Wow! I went to the matinee and the theater was packed! It was showing in two theaters at once and both theaters were packed. I was pleasantly suprised about that. The audience enjoy the movie too. There was laughing and talking going on about certain scenes and when the movie was over, people started clapping. And again when I was leaving the theater I heard people saying that they weren't sure about Enrique at first in the movie since he's a singer with no previous acting experience. But they were surprised he held his own with the all star cast and even said he was quite charismatic. And as we were leaving, there was a huge line for the next showing.

And to top it off, the movie was #1 at the box office for it's opening day and took in $9.4 million, way ahead of it's competion. It's predicted to stay #1 for the whole weekend opening. This, besides rave reviews from movie critics and regular movie goers. What a great way to get Enrique seen. His first acting debut is a total success and he happens to star opposite a talented all star cast. What a way to jump start an acting career! I'm sure he's going to get plenty of movie offers now. This is great promotion for him. Along with his upcomming cd and his Pepsi deal with the ads to hit tv soon, he's going to be everywhere. What an Enrique fan's dream come true!!! :P

hippiechic

Postby hippiechic » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:32 am

Way to go, Enrique! :dance: :thumbup:

Return to “Enrique Iglesias”