Enrique...

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:59 pm

Sorry, I lost respect for him after I saw him making out with Mischa Barton from the OC in his video. That's sick, she's 17 years old for godsakes..not even legal. Now i know he loves putting beautiful women in his video, but now its gone too far. I'm 17, thats just..wrong. I used to like him as a person, but not anymore. & his music isn't proving otherwise.

hippiechic

Postby hippiechic » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:04 pm

You are entitiled to your oppinion, but this whole Misha thing has been blown out of proportion. First of all, it wasn't Enrique's whole idea to have her in the video, it was his management who knew that she was a hot upcomming actress on a hot new show. They thought that if they got her to be in the video, it would bring in young male viewers as well as Enrique's already heavy female audience. They didn't anticipate it backfiring, but since there are so many judgemental people out there that would take offense to it, it did. And it was stated in three magazines that Misha's mother was present throughout the entire video shoot. If her own mother didn't find a problem with it, then why should anyone else? It was Mishas's decision to accept or decline the job and she knew beforehand that she would be topless with the exception of pasties over her breasts. She still agreed after that and her mother did too. And it wasn't like Enrique had sex with her for pete's sake. It's called acting. With all the sexual explicit videos out there done by other artists, I can't believe everyone is picking on Enrique. Look at Brittney Spears. She was only around 17yrs old when she started her music careere and she dressed half naked and got breast implants at such a young age. No one condems her for it. Instead, she's considered an icon. Madonna also did a video of her making out with a much younger guy and no one made a big deal about it. Again, as I said before, it's called acting. If Enrique had sex with a 17yr old girl for real than I would have a problem with it, but since there was only kissing going on in a video, then I don't see what the problem is. People just need to chill out.

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:51 pm

I'm 17 years old, i find it really sad, its low way to attract a younger audience. I don't care what Mischa does, I never really liked her as an actress but speaking of Enrique, he should have a woman his own age in his video...she's not even legal, & britney spears doesn't go topless in her videos with men 10 years her senior. There's no proof she's had breast implants or not. So you can't use rumor & gossip as a point. Britney has gotten so much flack for her image, & she's been condemned so many times. So i dont know what you're talking about. Enrique Iglesias isn't Madonna. You can't compare an icon like that who's been around for decades, to someone like Enrique. Even if it wasn't Enrique's idea, he's his own person, he agreed to it...oh well, u learn from your mistakes.

hippiechic

Postby hippiechic » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:14 am

Oh, so you have to be a icon like Madonna to be able to make out with a younger person in your videos? Yeah...Okay, that makes sense...Whatever. I don't care what you think anyways. Your oppinion isn't going to change the fact that Enrique is mega popular with the women, is extremely gorgeous, has a huge fan following, writes his own music & will be aorund a long time. Besides that, the video thing is old news and he is still getting attacked by fans wherever he goes so I don't think he has to worry about his popularity anytime soon. So you can go on loving your Justin Timberlake or whoever teenybopper singer you like because that will mean there's one less girl to fight for Enrique's attention with...lol

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:29 pm

No i'm saying you cant COMPARE Enrique to Madonna.That's not an excuse for Enrique to go around getting it on with underaged girls in a video. to say 'oh look Madonna kissed a guy in her video', Madonna's been in this business for a long time, so when Enrique's developed that status...come talk to me. Even so, Madonna's entire career has been built on controversary, and that's not enrique.

Enrique is mega popular with the women, is extremely gorgeous, has a huge fan following, writes his own music & will be aorund a long time

omg really?!! alright, i'll go listen to my "teenybopper music", but you can go listen to enrique who's soo gorgeous!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway for that matter, I didn't even know that this became a big issue. That was just my own reaction from seeing that video. Glad talking to you, adios.

Return to “Enrique Iglesias”