Enrique Paints Helmet For Heroes

suzieQ

Postby suzieQ » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:39 pm

Enrique Paints Helmet for Hero
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
source: zap2it.com

Hollywood Paints Helmets for Heroes
Thu, Feb 12, 2004, 10:02 AM PT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Nicole Kidman and Steve Martin are among 30 Hollywood stars taking up their palettes for southern California's firefighters.

The "Heroes & Heroines" Gala, a valentine to the 15,000 southern Calif. firefighters who fought massive blazes last fall that leveled 750,000 acres over 100 mile plus area, is scheduled for Thursday , Feb. 26, in Beverly Hills.

Sharon Stone and Asst. Homeland Security Chief, Asa Hutchinson, will be principal participants and the film star will also be putting her paint dabs on a helmet.

Dennis Franz, Jamie Lee Curtis, Larry and Shawn King, Enrique Iglesias, Darryl Hannah, Dolly Parton, Gary Sinise, Martina McBride and some of the Los Angeles Lakers are all decorating helmets, which will be auctioned off for charities that benefit the firefighters and the 21 year-old D.A.R.E. America organization, the event's sponsor.

Quips Parton, "I'll do my best to see what kind of a mess I can make."

The posh Saks Fifth Avenue, in Beverly Hills, plans to exhibit the star -decorated helmets prior to the gala.

The white fiberglass helmets retail to fire departments for over $200 each, but with the star -added accessories and accompanying autographs, it's anyone's guess how much they'll go for.

A photo display of the finished helmets will also be featured at Dare.com.

Return to “Enrique Iglesias”