Fans' Dreams Come True

suzieQ

Postby suzieQ » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:32 pm

Borivali girl wins Radio City's Meet & Greet Enrique contest

Indiantelevision.com Team
(15 April 2004 2:00 pm)

MUMBAI: He came, he performed, she conquered! Spanish heartthrob Enrique Iglesias performed in Mumbai last week and won over thousands of fans. But the lucky one who got to meet the Latino hunk, by winning Radio City's Meet & Greet Enrique contest, was 17 year old Asavari Madhukar from Bhau Saheb Vartak college.

While describing her experience with Enrique, an elated Madhukar said, "I was one of the lucky person to meet Enrique prior to the show. I met him at around 8 pm and was very ecstatic. I could not wait to see him and when he finally came around I was completely bowled over. From the minute I came to know that I was meeting Enrique to the point wherein I actually met him, I kept imagining about the actual 'date'."

Madhukar was totally in awe of the singer's good looks and his extremely sexy voice. And she was impressed by how nice he was.

While she was too stunned to say anything to the pop star in the beginning, she did manage to shake hands with him and tell him a bit about herself. "He asked me my name, what I was doing and my age. I was so excited that I could not speak for some time but then I somehow answered him. I will never forget it. I feel like a queen and even more, my friends are treating me like one. I am on top of the world," said Madhukar.

[picture] indiantelevision.com/images9/radiocity_enrique.jpghttp://www.indiantelevision.com/images9/ra...ity_enrique.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
source: Yahoo News - Times of India

The Bold...

VRUSHALI HALDIPUR
TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ THURSDAY, APRIL 15, 2004 07:02:49 AM ]

It was her 15 minutes of fame that turned her from the girl-next-door to 'that girl with Enrique.' Life's done a turnaround for 18 yearold Vrinda Gupta who was serenaded by Enrique Iglesias on Sunday.

And to think that she almost didn't make it for the show! But fate intervened in the form of tickets and a pair of extra-tight jeans. The prices being beyond her budget, she was going to give it a skip, till her friend got hold of some free passes. What's more, Vrinda was not the first to be selected by Enrique. "The other girl he called on stage couldn't make it over the railing as her jeans were too tight. So he looked around and there I was, screaming the loudest!" she recalls. The next thing she knew, she was on stage. Then the klieg lights flooded and it hit her — "I'm in front of 25,000 wild fans! I didn't know what to do!" Then the moment of reckoning — her first kiss and it had to be by one of the sexiest pop stars ever and in front of the world and its sister. Not that anybody will let her forget it. Envious glances hit her galore. "People from the audience said, 'There were better girls — why did he choose you?' My friends actually like him more than I do, so they were all the more bugged!" she laughs.

Back home, mum Archana has had a tough time reining in her daughter's exuberance. "I had to tell her to calm down. She was so excited."

[picture] http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/photo.cms?msid=619525http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/photo.c...cms?msid=619525
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another article along the same lines about Vrinda Gupta.....

It was her 15 minutes of fame that turned her from the girl-next-door to 'that girl with Enrique.'

Life's done a turnaround for 18-year-old Vrinda Gupta who was serenaded by Enrique Iglesias on Sunday. And to think that she almost didn't make it for the show!

But fate intervened in the form of tickets and a pair of extratight jeans.

The prices being beyond her budget, she was going to give it a skip, till her friend got hold of some free passes.

Vrinda was not the first to be selected by Enrique. "The other girl he called on stage couldn't make it over the railing as her jeans were too tight. So he looked around and there I was, screaming the loudest!" she recalls. The next thing she knew, she was on stage. Then the klieg lights flooded and it hit her — "I'm in front of 25,000 wild fans! I didn't know what to do!"

Then the moment of reckoning — her first kiss and it had to be by one of the sexiest pop stars and in front of the world. Not that anybody will let her forget it.

Envious glances hit her galore. "People from the audience said, 'There were better girls — why did he choose you?' My friends actually like him more than I do, so they were all the more bugged!" she laughs.

They are the chosen ones
source: cities.expressindia.com

They are the chosen ones:

Be it Enrique, Mick Jagger or Shah Rukh Khan, there’s more than luck to count on, if you are glamour-struck.

Debanjana Chaudhuri

Mumbai, April 13: This is Enrique’s seventh tour and 7 is my lucky number!’’ is the only reason 18-year-old Vrinda Gupta can give, on why she was picked from a 25,000-strong screaming audience to be the pop pin-up’s date for a song.

For Gupta, it might have been pure luck, (Enrique serenaded her on stage with Hero. And that’s not all, like all good dates, this one ended with a lip lock too!).

But for many star-struck teeny boppers like her, media and entertainment channels now provide countless chances to meet these glam idols.

For the Enrique concert, one lucky winner from Radio City’s Meet and Greet Enrique contest got to meet the Latino singer—so what if it was a three-minute rendezvous?

For 17-year-old Asavari Churi, it will always be a moment to remember. ‘‘I would never have been able to go to the concert otherwise, forget meeting Enrique,’’ says Churi, who couldn’t even stay back for the entire show, as it was getting late for this Dahisar resident.

Music channels lead the way with frequent contests. ‘‘It’s a classic way to bring people to experience music in all its glory and also reward our viewers,’’ explains Channel [V] head honcho, Amar K Deb.

Only three months back, for the Grammys, Channel [V] chose two lucky winners to attend the Los Angeles awards ceremony.

Now there’s more excitement—the Beyonce Concert in Las Vegas. This time it’s 21-year-old engineer, Gurudayal Sainani.

‘‘They just called me to say I’ve won and I still don’t believe it’s happening to me,’’ says Sainani, a big Beyonce fan, who will attend the show with younger brother Hardev.

‘‘I’m supposed to fly tomorrow, so now I’m frantic. I also have to shop for clothes to wear to the concert,’’ he says excitedly.

Some have even made a career out of it. ‘‘Even as interns, many of our students have got to rub shoulders with celebrities like Shah Rukh Khan, Mick Jagger and Amitabh Bachchan,’’ says Jimmy Nagdev, director, Event Management Development Institute, Bandra.

Vrinda’s Vibe
For Vrinda, the moment is still clear in her mind. Staring into the handsomest man on earth's big, dark eyes as he says, "Do you have a boyfriend". "Nope", said Vrinda. ‘‘Hero is a song I would want to sing for my prom date who dumped me at the last minute,’’ he told her. ‘‘Will you be my date for a song?’’ Vrinda still hasn’t recovered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Enrique Iglesias”