BON JOVI at the SUPERBOWL

Bellerz
Ultra Member

Postby Bellerz » Wed Jan 03, 2001 7:33 pm

Bon Jovi Added To Superstar Super Bowl Line Up

(12/29/00, 3 p.m ET) -

Bon Jovi has become the latest rock act added to what's becoming the most rock 'n' roll-centric Super Bowl festivities ever. Aerosmith has already signed on to take part in the halftime show for Super Bowl XXXV, which will also feature 'N Sync, while Sting and Styx will join Bon Jovi in the pre-game performances on January 28 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa.

Rock And Roll Hall Of Famer Ray Charles will sing 'America The Beautiful,' while teen faves the Backstreet Boys will perform the national anthem.

Aerosmith has announced it will play at least one new song from its upcoming album, while Styx will perform its hit 'Come Sail Away.' Bon Jovi's repertoire has not yet been announced, but Sting clued LAUNCH in on his plans for the big game.

'Oh, I know what I'm gonna play. I'm gonna play 'Desert Rose' and probably 'Roxanne.' They wanted a medley.' The NFL playoffs begin this weekend and will continue during the next two weekends, with a two-week break between the conference finals and the Super Bowl.

-- Gary Graff, Detroit

Lustin4Lance

Postby Lustin4Lance » Thu Apr 26, 2001 12:30 am

I know this is an old post, but I never saw Bon Jovi at the superbowl... does anyone know why they didn't perform? That would have been awesome!!

Return to “Other Male Musicians”