Dispatch anyone??

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:10 am

Any of you guys like Dispatch, Sublime, Weezer, DMB, Phish?? Helllo??? Stoner music is awesome :(

:laugh:

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:00 pm

**crickets chrip**

Gosh, is there anyone alive out there?!?!? :laugh:

CutieClare19
Advanced Member

Postby CutieClare19 » Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:10 pm

<span style='color:purple'> I used to listen to Weezer but I haven't really listened to them in a long while and I heard a couple of sublime songs here and there . . but other then that I don't listen to them . </span>

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:36 pm

coool :( Weezer is so awesome..do/did you have a favorite? Mine is Say It Ain't So

btw, thanks for answering me :laugh:

CutieClare19
Advanced Member

Postby CutieClare19 » Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:13 pm

<span style='color:purple'> Your welcome. And Is say it ain't the one that the relased after The Buddy holly song . . I liked the buddy holly song and the one they relased after that I can't think of it though .. it's been over like a year. </span>

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:03 pm

I don't remember my memory sucks ass...here, you can heara realllllly small clip here (#7)

cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1458230145/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=WEEZER/itemid=412389http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1...R/itemid=412389

(Edited by dazed410 at 7:04 pm on June 6, 2002)

(Edited by dazed410 at 7:04 pm on June 6, 2002)

CutieClare19
Advanced Member

Postby CutieClare19 » Sun Jun 09, 2002 10:31 pm

<span style='color:purple'> Thanks. . and I think the song that I coudn't remember was Say it ain't so haha </span>

MoRtiCia13
Ultra Member

Postby MoRtiCia13 » Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:37 am

[color=red]love is
what i got...
I SAID REMEMBER DAT!!!:smlove:
love
love
love
SUBLIME...RIP BRAD!
WEEZER RULES!
:headbanger: rivers!

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:04 pm

aaah sublime! I love them all...maily DMB, WEEZER, SUBLIME, PHISH, DISPATCH, THE STROKES, WHITE STRIPES, A NEW FOUND GLORY, SAVES THE DAY, LESS THAN JAKE etc etc...

'F*** it, fight it, it's all the same!!'

:headbanger:

MoRtiCia13
Ultra Member

Postby MoRtiCia13 » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:31 am

excellent taste in music dazed!
:kiss:

CrazyCanadianChick
Supreme Member

Postby CrazyCanadianChick » Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:09 pm

I love Sublime and Weezer too!
Santeria and Buddy Holly are some of my all-time fave songs!

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:25 pm

aaaahh good ole' santeria....:)

Thanks Morticia! You as well :dance:

MoRtiCia13
Ultra Member

Postby MoRtiCia13 » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:17 am

o
weee
ooooooo
i look just like buddy holly
oooo
oooo
and your mary tyler moore
i don't care what they say about us anyway
i don't care bout' that!
:frog:

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:09 pm

Bang! Bang a knock on the door
another big bang and your down on the floor
Oh no! what do I do?
Don't look know but I lost my shoe
I can't run and I can't kick
What's a matter babe are you feelin' sick?
what's a matter, what's a matter, what's a matter you?
What's a matter babe, are you feelin' blue? oh-oh!

:laugh: I love that part :crazyjump:

MoRtiCia13
Ultra Member

Postby MoRtiCia13 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:34 am

better watch it with those lyrics dazed! i've practically gotten 'flogged like molly' by posting lyrics in the past! some of these peeps just got no damn respect 4 the WORDS of the music they claim 2 love. it's so nice 2 see someone else pays attention 2 zee lyrics as well! u have done rivers cuomo proud!
:kiss:
and i got my hash pipe!:cool:

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:02 pm

ahhh well thank you! You yourself, you crazy lyric lover ;)! But I totally understand you...I mean so many people claim to 'love' things when half the time they have no clue what they're even saying! Not only do I know the lyrics, I LIVE them, apply then, analize them..:laugh: I have too much time, I know! Hash pipe....:cool:. btw, I'm just wondering, have you heard Dope Nose yet? What do you think of it, if you have?

MoRtiCia13
Ultra Member

Postby MoRtiCia13 » Sat Jul 06, 2002 1:12 pm

YELLO. ummm...actually i don't like 'dope nose'that much. doesn't do it 4 me like the usual weezer shiza. dunno what it is...maybe just getting burned a little from listening 2 them 2 much or something. and might i tell u that if u r using your time to analyze or figure out lyrics then u r in fact analyzing and figuring out yourself...which ain't ever a bad thing holmes! way better than having your head so far up other people's asses and gettin' all up in they shiza that u lose sight of YOURSELF. f*** that! from the looks of things matey dazed...i'd say all those little white sheep are runnin' rampant around these parts! :ph34r: arrrggghhh! har! :P
i'm just takin' back a bit by seein' somebody out here in the la la land of teenies talkin' some GOOD STUFF! keep it up maestro and tell me stuff u know so i'll know and i'll tell u stuff i know so you'll know! heh B)

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:45 pm

:lol: Girl, that fact that there is even one person here talking some true, raw stuff makes me happy that I stopped in here. Lately, I've felt that strong over flowing of newbie stupidity, ya know? That very young, very fresh arrogance that radiates itself from person to person...**shrudder**. Happy that we have found our common interests in this musical era.

I understand 100% about the 'dope nose' thing...that's kinda why I asked. I have heard a lot of different reactions to the song. It makes me feel really assured about you that you don't just support and love EVERY single song just b/c it's by a certain band, ya know? I mean, I have a "friend" who says she like, "dmb's BIGGEST fan" yet she only know their covers and very popular stuff. Her grasp of the lyrics are demented...I don't even know if she knows what they say. Well, not to go on forever or anything, but I'm just saying, a true fan can appreaciate the music produced and when something comes out that they don't exactly feel...it only leads them to compare and contrast that to see how other music relates. Does that make any sence to you at all? Oh well...hope so ;)

It's nice talking to you..I think you're the "maestro" here! :)

*sorry it's long, got a lot on my mind! :ph34r:

MoRtiCia13
Ultra Member

Postby MoRtiCia13 » Sun Jul 07, 2002 1:55 pm

o lordy lordy sir...don't apologize 4 feeding my mind...take some credit 4 being an inspiration 2 continue thinking instead of doing what the rest of the herd do...make me want 2 stop thinking at all. hmmm...u like nsync correct? don't u post a lot on the chasez board? i'm just trying 2 think where i've seen u around dazed 1. :blink: i love words and there's nothing more powerful than when words are spoken clearly in poetry...music however gives it an entirely different dimension. some people just don't get things when they're presented as a poem,but put it with music and it goes 2 a totally different level. so then u r left with those that like music because it possibly helps them fit in...or they like to dance...or they want to have babies with j.c. or they want to get married to justin timbercreaky or fork spears or be cool somehow vicariously by being 'into the music dude!':lol:these are the one's u speak of that don't comprehend even the easiest of lyrics and the ones that only hold their lighters up and get excited when the band onstage plays the freakin' 'hits!' and those are the ones that just don't get it. plain and simple. they are more concerned with what lance bass ate for lunch and then sh**ted out rather than anything he would have to offer musically speaking or even intellectually speaking...that is if he is indeed one of those rare boy band intellectuals! ;) they do exist right? right? har~~~so...they post about how fat the 'stars' are or how beautiful they are and how much they want to be them or worry over who they're currently shagging. sad. :(
but...but...and here's a big ole' butt...then there are the true fans of the music...the words...the melodies...the meanings...THE MUSIC!!! that's what's spins my universe at least. don't get me wrong...i have my rockstar crushes...but i'd rather know what they have brewing inside their brain over what's brewing inside their own personal space or bedroom. SOMETIMES I TALK 2 THE WALL. or maybe just talk and see who hears eh dazed? U ROCK!

thanx 4 zee brain meal...yummy! now i'm all filled up 4 the moment.
until next time.
chEErio! B)

<!--EDIT|MoRtiCia13|Jul 7 2002, 07:57 PM-->

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Sun Jul 07, 2002 8:55 pm

I have been spotted at the Chasez board, it's true... ;). But I don't really consider my self a teeny or anything like that. Nsync was more my "little girl" side, ya know? I still respect them in a way that I cannot explain, but I am not going to name my baby Justin or wear baby blue for the rest of my life hoping that one day I can met/marry them all. I think my interest in them is just different. I also really don't like the way a lot of Nsync's stuff has been brought out. For example, I think that if given the chance, the guys could be a lot more musically in tune. I bet that most of them can play instraments and sing accapella and all that junk. My point is really, that they are good musicians...I really feel that, but the way that media and society has come to view them is "pop boy-band" . I'm afraid it's going to stalk them for life, which is unfortunate b/c I am sure that they could produce amazing *different* songs if they were given the oppurtunites.

I also chill out mostly everywhere here. The only place(s) I really try and steer clear of is the shtney , christina, etc etc. places. I go where the peoples I LIKE go! I have a lot of time to kill this summer so I've been everywhere!! you will never rid me of this place! Hahaha :P

I live in an entirely different world than I appear to. Honestly I really lie in bed at night and just cannot fall asleep so I talk to myself. i wonder how you knew that!? Hah.....really though, I am freak deaky, I talk to my peoples in my head. I was one of those "imaginary friends" kinda kids. I guess I still am considering my TRUE friend count is like three or four. I am no social butterfly, by any means, but none of it fazes me. B)

Look at that, I just went so off topic...but was there every really a topic to begin with? ;)

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:09 am

Sorry to interrupt you girls but I felt I had sumthin' to say......Genna I do that chatting thing too thought I was the only geek doing that thing!!!! d'you think we're crazy??? :wacko:
....I alos consider I've only a couple of true friends but I am "social butterfly" though!......wooow Ok if I don't stop now I'm gonna start my psychoanalysis with you gurl!!! :lol:

btw Morticia thanks for replying to my Sarah/Jewel thread! but with only the two of us don't think that'll be very convincing to obtain it! :(

Lexxy
Ultra Member

Postby Lexxy » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:32 pm

Dazed and I listen to *some* similar things. I hang mostly on the teeny-pop boards, but that's because the people aren't as stuck up as they are on a lot of punk and rock boards. And, I have too much interest in pop culture.

I collect Sublime albums because every reprint is different, and Bradley's voice is just kosher. NFG is an awesome live act, and their songs are fun. Other than that, I listen to tons of Bad Religion, NOFX, 311, Bob Marley, Descendents, Pink Floyd, the Clash, Weezer (I hate Pinkerton, though), Radiohead, Hot Water Music, Something Corporate, etc.

I sound like a total schizo.

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:40 pm

L..yes, I know that I'm *crazy* it's all good though B)

Glad to hear that I'm not alone after all

Lexxy, L, Morticia...cool peoples...let me say hello to you all :P !!

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:35 am

Hello back Gen!!! :)
....it's all good here too, but one day my lil sister caught me doing that and reported to my parents I was a schyzophrenic freak!!! <_<

:lol: :lol: :lol:

<!--EDIT|laura l|Jul 10 2002, 06:36 AM-->

Return to “Other Male Musicians”