Unwritten Law

CrazyCanadianChick
Supreme Member

Postby CrazyCanadianChick » Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:12 am

After nearly a decade spent touring with minimal success , Unwritten Law has scored a hit with "Seein' Red," the first single from the Poway, Calif.-based band's fourth full-length CD, Elva. Frontman Scott Russo recently took five with Teen People.

BEHIND THE MUSIC: "I wrote 'Seein' Red' about how I imagine my wife feels about me [after] I do messed-up stuff. With any relationship, if you're together more than a month, your going to have hard times. I didn't think our fans would appreciated it. It's an honest song, and I'm finding out that the more honest you are with your music, the more you connect with listeners."

THE BLICK-182 CONNECTION: "I sang on three tracks on [their 1997 Cd] Dude Ranch. I met them through skateboarding.

SHINING SON: "I finally moved out of my mom's house two months ago. [But] I'm still a mama's boy. when I was little, I made this deal with my mom that if I ever moved out of her house, I'd live next door. I didn't really keep that promise, but I did move only two miles away.

FIRE MAN: "I burned down my classroom . It was an accident. We were flicking matches and one of them caught on to [something]. All of a sudden the ceiling was on fire. After it was done, I was like, 'Oh my God, what was I thinking in the first place?'"

Return to “Other Male Musicians”