In Brief: John Mayer, Dmb

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:19 pm

Songs by John Mayer, Train, Five For Fighting and others will be included on Greatest Hits, a compilation of songs released on Aware Records collections, due October 29th . . . Merle Haggard was forced to cancel eleven concerts this month due to four herniated discs in his back; he is recovering at home in California . . . The Dave Matthews Band's Stefan Lessard, the Black Crowes' Andy Hess and Galactic's Stanton Moore will perform at the 2002 Jammy Awards in New York City on October 2nd . . . The Police and Sting's solo work will be compiled on The Very Best of...Sting and the Police, an eighteen-track anthology due October 1st . . . The Red Hot Chili Peppers will launch a twenty-four-date European tour on January 24th in Lisbon, Portugal . . .
John Mellencamp will begin a thirteen-date tour of the Midwest on November 1st in Evansville, Indiana . . . The first 100,000 copies of Ben Folds Live will include a bonus DVD with thirty-five minutes of video footage from the tour; Folds begins a European tour tomorrow in Dublin, before returning to the U.S. on October 10th for a twelve-date tour . . . Funkmaster Flex was arrested in New York City on September 22nd and charged with third-degree assault after allegedly attacking a radio disc jockey . . . The disbanded Toadies will release Best of Toadies: Live From Paradise on November 19th . . . An Illinois man pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide this week in the December 15th car crash that killed Bianca Halsted (a.k.a. Bianca Butthole) of punk band Betty Blowtorch . . .

Janet Jackson will record the first single for the soundtrack to Chicago, due December 25th . . . Audioslave's self-titled debut album has been pushed up a week to a November 19th release; the band features Chris Cornell fronting remaining members of Rage Against the Machine . . . Bobby Brown makes a guest appearance on "Thug Lovin'," a track from Ja Rule's The Last Temptation, due November 19th . . . The Codetalkers, featuring Col. Bruce Hampton, will release their self-titled debut album on October 22nd . . . Del The Funky Homosapien will take People Under The Stairs and Lifesavas out on the Cali Comm Tour, which launches on October 11th at the House of Blues in Los Angeles . . .

The Smashing Pumpkins' 1994 video, Vieuphoria, will be issued on DVD on November 19th, along with an accompanying CD titled Earphoria . . . The Mooney Suzuki began a thirty-date tour last night in San Francisco . . . Haven will support their U.S. debut, Between the Senses, with an eighteen-date tour, starting October 1st in Atlanta . . . Portishead singer Beth Gibbons and Talk Talk's Paul Webb will release Out of Season, in the U.K. on October 28th . . . Must have landed the opening slot on Aerosmith's upcoming tour, which begins October 2nd in Maryland Heights, Missouri . . . Particle will make twenty-five stops on a Fall tour that launches September 7th in Austin . . .

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:08 am

a post w the name john mayer in it and no one replies?......for shame.......and thanks for the article even if i am a bit late in seeing it........i didn't even know there was an 'other musician' site........we gotta get a john mayer one.....maybe when he starts touring again and his new cd comes out......

well his dvd and double cd is coming out this tues i believe.....but the cd has the songs from 'room from squares and other songs he wrote awhile back that haven't been recorded.......if you want to see how great he is in concert get the dvd!

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:02 am

john mayer rocks!!

i hope he'll win in the grammys.

I want to run through the halls of my high school
I want to scream at the top of my lungs
I just found out there's no such thing as the real world
just a lie you've got to rise above

:thumbup:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:32 pm

omg! i could sit here and write the lyrics to all his songs down.......i love his writing, he's a master of the english language and storytelling......ok, maybe a bit overstated :huh: but he is great ;)

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:47 pm

Staying home alone on a Friday
Flat on the floor looking back
On old love
Or lack thereof
After all the crushes are faded
And all my wishful thinking was wrong
I'm jaded
I hate it

:D