Anyone Like Matchbox Twenty?

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:38 pm

I have to say I am a HUGE fan of Matchbox Twenty. They are wicked talented... and Rob Thomas is hot! He is such a good songwriter, I LOVE the song "Push" it's my alltime favorite! Although it's taking a little while for their newest album to grow on me, I love them anyway. Plus they introduced me to my other favorite band, Lifehouse! Jason Wade... wow... he is amazing! They just released their second album and it's awesome

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:34 pm

I really like Lifehouse. Why are they not getting much airplay on MTV? I mean their video.

How is the album? And is it successful already?

You're soo right about their vocal. Jason, right?

I agree about Matchbox Twenty. I like "Bent" a lot.

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:17 pm

I don't know why it isn't getting that much airplay, the song "Spin" is so incredible, the whole album is incredible. Jason Wade wrote "Spin" when he was 13 years old! wow huh?

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:37 pm

What? he really wrote it when he was 13? Wow! The song is so emotional, I totally love it. I think of it in my very personal way and I find it really deep. I mean it makes me feel something.

And MTV are such ... sometimes! I would love to see it more! And second I have to find and hear the whole new album.

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:04 pm

Both of Lifehouse's albums are incredible... it's just so awesome, and I wish they got more play on MTV... like on the radio they are still playing "Hangin By A Moment" which don't get me wrong I like it, but I love all the other songs soooo much!

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:19 pm

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>PUSH</span></span>!!!! i love it!!! enough said. :wub:

as for lifehouse, i really like BREATHING, SPIN, UNKNOWN, AND SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN. :)

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:28 am

Aww you like all my favorite songs! lol they rock! I saw them in concert once, they were amazing, they actually opened for Matchbox 20... it was wicked good!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:29 pm

Oh, this conscert must have been.... retell us more about it?

God, Matchbox and Lifehouse together! :o

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:34 am

Well... Lifehouse played liek 7 songs, they were just an opener, and I had gotten their CD only because I was going to see them, little did I know how I would fall in love with their music. They were amazing... we had sh**ty seats but it was awesome! Jason Wade is just so... talented...

The Everclear came out for an hour and they were wicked drunk and high and they invited ppl up on stage to dance and when one of the kids wasn't, the lead singer I forget his name, literally pushed the person off stage and into the crowd. That person stood up and stuck up her middle finger and the lead singer got his security to kick her out... I wasn't happy about that so i dislike Everclear now.

Matchbox Twenty *sigh* they were amazing... Rob Thomas played the piano for one song, plus he was wearing this silk shirt unbuttoned and leather pants... wow... he's amazing, his voice, I just love that band so much. They are so talented... it's hard to recount all the events but it was wicked good... I saw them again that summer, I think it was of 2000, both concerts, and they played with Seven Mary Three and Train... another amazing concert... Wow...

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:28 pm

OMG, I'm soo jealous! I wish i hadn't told you to retell me about it. It's such a hell that these bands come to Europe only like once a year, and play only in the biggest cities...

And Jason wade is really...talented...

Did you hear the new Matchbox 20? I mean new single out, new stuff, also video. These things...

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:34 pm

Yup, their new single, Disease is really good! The video is okay... I didn't like it that much, but still good.

I heard word that "Unwell" (my FAVORITE song on the new album) might be released as the next single! I hope the video is good for it! The song is awesome, I like "Downfall" as well.

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:54 pm

:beerchug: Disease is gettin a fair amount of Air Play on my local radio station which is cool Disease is a summer song...fits in well with the season we are in (im from Aussie so its Summer :P ) we livin it up while you Yanks are freezin ya ass off haha! :lol:

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:42 am

yeah, i like the song... :D

Feels like you made a mistake
You made somebody's heart break
But now I have to let you go
I have to let you go

You left a stain
On every one of my good days
But I am stronger than you know
I have to let you go

No one's ever turned you over
No one's tried
To ever let you down,
Beautiful girl
Bless your heart

I got a disease
Deep inside me
Makes me feel uneasy baby
I can't live without you
Tell me what I am supposed to do about it
Keep your distance from it
Don't pay no attention to me
I got a disease

Feels like you're making a mess
You're hell on wheels in a black dress
You drove me to the fire
And left me there to burn

Every little thing you do is tragic
All my life, oh was magic
Beautiful girl
I can't breathe

I got a disease
Deep inside me
I can't live without you
I got a disease
I think that I'm sick
But leave me be while my world is coming down on me
You taste like honey, honey
Tell me can I be your honey
Be, be strong
Keep telling myself it that won't take long till
I'm free of my disease

Yeah well free of my disease
Free of my disease

I got a disease
Deep inside me
I can't live without you
I got a disease

I think that I'm sick
But leave me be while my world is coming down on me
You taste like honey, honey
Tell me can I be your honey
Be, be strong
Keep telling myself it that won't take long till
I'm free of my disease
Yeah well free of my disease
Free of my disease

*and i dedicate this to...sigh!*

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:46 am

jc<3crack: man! you're so lucky. i'm still dreaming to go to a lifehouse concert. and incubus. and red hot chilli peppers. and metallica. and papa roach. and phantom planet. and green day. and oasis. the list is endless. oasis and red hot were supposed to have a concert in our country last year, but damn Abu Sayyaf, they backed out. for security reasons. :(

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:42 pm

Green Day is AWESOME live... I saw them at the Pop Disaster tour last summer... they were in the top 2 concerts I saw, the only ones ahead of them are Matchbox/Lifehouse.

Green Day played a lot of their old stuff, which made me happy because I like that stuff better... Blink 182 usually has an awesome live show too, but their part sucked because we saw them in Mass, and in June they had a curfew that concerts can't go past 11 o'clock at night, so Green Day played a full awesome set, and Blink got jipped and only played songs, instead of their usual antics.

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:52 am

i love matchbox20.....and it's weird cuz when i saw them lifehouse was one of the opening acts and all i really knew about them was the one hit they had so far....but they were really good.....and after they left i went out to get a drink and there they are right out w everyone sitting at a table signing autographs......i bought their album and have loved them ever since

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:49 am

^^You saw Jason Wade up close? Is he cute? :D

I love their first album. I was hoping I could catch them in concert when I went to the US.

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:40 pm

Now I'm the jealous one... I can definitely see them doing that though, they're not "too big" for the real people, ya know?

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:07 am

yeah he was really cute.....and they were just these normal guys talking to everyone.....only sad thing is i got in line and when i had one more person to go before i could get them to sign my cd.....a security guy said, sorry that's all the time we have now.....so from me back were left w dumbfounded looks on our faces..kinda like this :huh:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:09 am

forgot to ask georgy....did you get their second cd? i really love it...it took me a few times over for some of the songs but then they just hit you and you're like....yeah!

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:56 am

Stanley Climbfall is on top of my list of cd's to buy this month. I love Spin.

Too bad about not having your cd signed. You should have insisted for a kiss or a hug instead. I know I would! ;)

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:56 pm

It took me a couple listens to get used to all the songs on SC but I love them now!!! I love all their songs, what can I say? I was at school when the CD came out, with totally no connection to the Entertainment world, so I forgot it was even coming out but I think I got it the first week.

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:29 pm

i only knew theirs and coldplay's new cd's were coming out cuz mick (angie from oz) let me know she was picking them up, but the u.s. release was later.....otherwise i wouldn't have known cuz i don't think i remember any advertisements for them even after they released......but i love both

Return to “Other Male Musicians”