Robbie Williams

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:43 pm

Come on, there must be some fans out there! I cannot believe that there are no Americans that love him!

Has somebody his new album? It's heartbreaking. If anyone wants to comment on him and the songs please!

I'm here.... :)

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:24 am

Cannot stand the man, he is soooo full of himself, and just a George Michael-wanna be. I love(d) George Michael and hate fake version of him (Williams, Hayes....)

I love just one song with RW, it's "My culture" with Faithlees front man. Nuthing else.

..........oh, and I'm not American, heaven forbids!! :unsure:

:lol: ;)

xXSuperMonkeyXx

Postby xXSuperMonkeyXx » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:56 pm

:P LOL you guess are sad !!!!! LOL :lol: <_< :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

xXSuperMonkeyXx

Postby xXSuperMonkeyXx » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:58 pm

Claire wrote: Come on, there must be some fans out there! I cannot believe that there are no Americans that love him!

Has somebody his new album? It's heartbreaking. If anyone wants to comment on him and the songs please!

I'm here.... :)

:laughup: :laughup: :laughup: :laughup: :laughup: :laughup: :laughup: :laughup:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:46 pm

Well, I didn't know that Heyes is supposed to be a fake version of George Michael... :lol:

Whatever. All the hate for Robbie is welcomed. I mean he can be a real bastard sometimes. But that's because he is spoiled. Even I would hate him sometimes, if it wasn't for the songs. Those songs and lyrics cannot be beaten.

I also heard that he refused to go to the Brits, cause he is nominated in only one category. :lol:

Well, I guess you're all anti-Robbie? Great. Then I take his songs and himself and go away! :lol:

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:16 pm

Oh Claire, please stay!!!!! :kiss:

I don't hate him, just think he needs to get over himself

Hayes's career reminds me of George's, and hte look too. Whatever....love you girl, and post whatever yu like I'll reply whenever I can, to keep it going on for you ;)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:36 pm

Oh, L, I appreciate it, that you want me to stay! :wub: And you would even say a good word about Robbie!

Actually I don't think somebody could hate him after hearing the new single "Love Somebody". It's gonna be out soon. I think it's the strongest track on the CD, as I've listened to it so many times. In general, I think no one can feel nothing listening to this CD, it's only in the sons when you can see him, actually. It's not music for teeny dorks, who can only shake on hearing every new pop sound. That's what I thought...

Whatever, keep on being a great chatter, L!

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:27 pm

can't deny he has some writing skills, but really he needs to get over himself. Don't you think he's a bit (a lot) arrogant?

I like him on Angels.....everyone gotta love "Angels"

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:11 pm

Of course he is extremely arrogant! Do you know he wants "Angels" to be played on his funeral? Maybe he is considering suiside? :thinking: Tell me do you think so after you hear the new track, it's really repesentative of what thoughts are implied in the album! :)

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:03 pm

I don't like teh tune of teh new track but I didn ponder over the lyrics.......quite intimate I have to say, the lyrics are quite honest> Didn't hear teh album, but one day I was shopping and heard one song from teh album, a ballad, couldn't say which one.......have to confess I really liked it....there is "love" in the title....does it help?
:unsure:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:21 am

Well, that's "Love Somebody", that's the new single out! I mean it should be out already... - that's one of the strongest on the album.

I like the one about Nicole Kidman a lot! Though there is a little cursing in it.... :lol: ...just a little!

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:10 am

It's not out yet here in the UK, there's still playing "Feel" but I've to admit I don't really listen to teh radio, so maybe they lpay both :huh:

I don't like the one with Nicole Kidman, and if I had to pick up an actress who also sings well, I'd go for Catherine Zeta-Jones in Chicago, her performance is soooooo much better than Nicole's in Moulin Rouge, actually Chicago is much better than Moulin Rouge. Only just my opinion :)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:27 pm

Grrr, I just got that the second single will be "Come Undone" - and it isn't as good as "Love Somebody"! I'm mad at this record companies.

Still on the Chicago wave, ah? :D I hope I like it as well. I'm a critic, you know, so I'm not tolerant at all. Towards movies.

Dear, L, the song isn't with Nicole, that was the Frank Sinatra cover. This one is written about her, and about their relationship. What I get from the song is that he is still pretty confused about it! :lol:

Well, MR was original from Baz Luhrman, and Chicago is a real Broadway musical made into movie, so... we can make the difference.

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:13 am

o/t question but has anyone seen the rollingstone book of tattoos? i'm just confused, cuz he's one of the celebrities in it and it looks like he's got these tattoos that are lines around his arms which make then look like those plastic dolls w moving arm parts....it's hard to explain but is so weird to the eye to look at........but then i've seen him afterwards and he doesn't have them.......so they weren't real, but why have him in the tattoo book? did any of that make sense?

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:50 am

here's the pic:

http://images.mp3.com/rollingstone/content/2045466/Images/00313989.jpghttp://images.mp3.com/rollingstone/content...es/00313989.jpg

yeah, it looks weird!! like a human male barbie!! <_<

i like em's tattoo on his wrist:

http://images.mp3.com/rollingstone/content/2045466/Images/00313977.jpghttp://images.mp3.com/rollingstone/content...es/00313977.jpg

the rest of the tattoo pics:

rollingstone.com/photos/bigphoto.asp?gid=7970&s=1&e=5&seq=1&cf=2045466&bc=http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/bigphot...&cf=2045466&bc=

what's that song of robbie where he was with a model? (lol, he almost always have models in his videos.) it's the one where they were playing golf, billiards, etc...they seem to be so in-love in the video. then at the end, robbie got arrested. that's my favorite song of robbie. but hell, i couldn't even remember the song anymore. :D

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:41 pm

like a ken doll.....why didn't i just say that :lol:

yeah i've always liked that one around his wrist...even though they keep saying the tribal tattoos are going out of style i still like them....

i am so bad at remembering any names....and that includes song names :D

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:40 pm

chantoir wrote: what's that song of robbie where he was with a model? it's the one where they were playing golf, billiards, etc... then at the end, robbie got arrested. that's my favorite song of robbie.

That's "Eternity". or "Road to Mandalay" - they both have the same plot (the videos) - Robbie is a super big thief, who has a big house in Monte Carlo (this was all shot in beautiful Monte Carlo) and has this amazing girlfriend, but they get him at the end.

I didn't know those tattoo photos, thanks, Chan! ;) I love the tatoos. They were easily seen in the video "Rock DJ", ha, where he stripped. Mmm, you know what a fan I am...

DJ_kid_Tori

Postby DJ_kid_Tori » Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:00 am

Totally adore Robbie!!! :D :D :D
I just saw his new video last night!! he's looking great...
People say he is big-headed... but it is just his way. He may be cocky, but you gotta love every bit of it!! :P

Tori

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:55 pm

You mean "Come Undone"? Oh, was it the cut version or the one that they say they are showing after 10 pm.? I like the video, they show somw of the scenes blurry! :lol: Another great one! This is the song dedicated to his mother, you know, and I can't quite get the mood in it. Is hwe positive or negative about it?

Do you have "Escapology", btw?

ADRIANA_A
Supreme Member

Postby ADRIANA_A » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:48 pm

Can I interfere??!! B)

I totally have contempt for Robbie. Sure his cocky cheeky chappy image was fun for a while, but it's getting boring now. As are his endless stories of 'oh it's so difficult finding true love ' 'my life is so hard...sitting in my one of many mansions, with millions of pounds and women hanging off me'.

He has charm.....but thats simply to distract from the fact that he's nothing but an overglorified karoke singer. He says to British maagzines he 'couldn't give a sh!t what America thinks of him' .. .. but yet
, why is he still over there desperately flogging his album then?????

Now if we're gonna talk about class Britsih male peformers, let's discuss Chris Martin...although admittedly he does seem to be selling himself down the very same celebrity river he has bemoaned for years... but hey at least the man is bloody talented and can actually qualify quite easily for the title of 'musician and artist'

Just my contribution :P

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:10 am

ADRIANA_A wrote:

Now if we're gonna talk about class Britsih male peformers, let's discuss Chris Martin...although admittedly he does seem to be selling himself down the very same celebrity river he has bemoaned for years... but hey at least the man is bloody talented and can actually qualify quite easily for the title of 'musician and artist'

Just my contribution :P

:nod: :nod: :nod: Notice that at teh Brit Awards this year he's the only one who really voiced his opinion. I just love the guy, still can't understand how a smart talented arse like his can allow himself to date Gwyneth "useless" Paltrow. That really gets me. :shrug:

ADRIANA_A
Supreme Member

Postby ADRIANA_A » Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:00 pm

The Gwyneth thing irritates me too .... what does she do for a living again? .. :lol:

But Gwynnie is obsessed with marrying someone English and living in England as well as getting someoen who is 'popular' right now (remeber Brad, Ben..) ... chris fits the bill.

She's only trying to fulffill her 'English princess' fantasy. :rolleyes:

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:52 am

Yesterday I watched a bit of "Shakespeare in love" on BBC2, and I still don't understand how she could get an oscar for it, there must've been a real lack of choice that year.

She wants popular and YOUNGER guys. Funny how she reminds me of Madonna in some aspects, she's just like her failed little sister. I prefer Chris to Guy though.

She annoys me so much with her cheesy smile and her pale, fragile, and innocent look, I wonder how well she would cope if she moved to a more deprived area of LA, which she does deserve for she hasn't done much to earn what she has today apart from being the 'daughter of' <_<

nommie22
Supreme Member

Postby nommie22 » Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:32 am

Personally, Coldplay are so overexposed right now and dating Paltrow is always a bad move.

As for being the 'daughter of' : daughter of whom exactly??? I've never seen any of their work! All Gwyneth is just an overprivileged daughter of two people who aren't really royalty for God's sake. A girl who had steven spielberg as her godfather wasn't exactly going to struggle in the acting world was she? As far as her acting goes - average, and it amused me that she kept going round insisting she had rejected Kate Winslet's role in Titanic. Talk about desperate. Gwyneth is just obsessed with being adored for her clothes and her looks. It amuses me when she complains about press intrusion. From where I'm standing, it seems she positively couldn't do without it!

Oh and as far as Chris' comment at the Brit Awards goes: sure he voiced his opinion. But his opinion was an easy one to have. You can't assume he's the only one voicing an opinion. There's probably many who in contrast, supported the war, but didn't say it out loud, because it wasn't a popular opinion to have. Anyway, he dates Gwyneth who is a Bush supporter, so his credibility isn't very high. He might have been genuine but then again he could have done it for effect and to win some brownie points. :shrug:

ADRIANA_A
Supreme Member

Postby ADRIANA_A » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:03 pm

Personally, Coldplay are so overexposed right now and dating Paltrow is always a bad move.

As for being the 'daughter of' : daughter of whom exactly??? I've never seen any of their work! All Gwyneth is just an overprivileged daughter of two people who aren't really royalty for God's sake. A girl who had steven spielberg as her godfather wasn't exactly going to struggle in the acting world was she? As far as her acting goes - average, and it amused me that she kept going round insisting she had rejected Kate Winslet's role in Titanic. Talk about desperate. Gwyneth is just obsessed with being adored for her clothes and her looks. It amuses me when she complains about press intrusion. From where I'm standing, it seems she positively couldn't do without it!

I second that.

Oh and as far as Chris' comment at the Brit Awards goes: sure he voiced his opinion. But his opinion was an easy one to have. You can't assume he's the only one voicing an opinion. There's probably many who in contrast, supported the war, but didn't say it out loud, because it wasn't a popular opinion to have. Anyway, he dates Gwyneth who is a Bush supporter, so his credibility isn't very high. He might have been genuine but then again he could have done it for effect and to win some brownie points.

I understand your point in one sense , but keep in mind, : those who were anti-war in the showbiz world (particularly Americans) were victimised by the media . They couldn't be seen to express opposition to their government in fear of being ostracised by the pro-war media who seemed to be on a witch hunt to bring down any famous figure that was anti-war.

So by that token, it would seem, that being anti-war wasn't altogether an 'easy' opinion to have. And for that reason alone, it was commendable that Chris Martin would;'ve spoken out the way he did. Plus Coldplay have participated in many charity concerts aimed at raising money for Iraqi children plus have expressed anti-war sentiments all the way. And apparently being anti-war means your record sales will fall (ask the Dixie Chicks) something I doubt Coldplay would want!

probably many who in contrast, supported the war, but didn't say it out loud, because it wasn't a popular opinion to have

On the contrary, Many musicians have supported the war. Simply Red were vocal about it, Britney (if we're going to consider her a musician), P Diddylydaddyocrappy , a plethora of country musicians ..... and others have come out in support. I personally though Chris' comment was very funny and witty. Nothing to be offended by.

It depends which country you're in I guess in terms of which opinion is an 'easy' one to have. :shrug:

Also, I wasn't aware of Paltrow's political allegiance. I was under the impression that the only time she is alert is when it's got a designer name slapped on it or is kissing her ass and calling her Grace Kelly (she wishes) . Even so, look at Schawrzennerrger (sp) and Maria Shriver, she's a devout Democratic to his Republicianism and their marriage works.

I personally think Chris is a 'phase' for Gwynnie: he's man of the moment and he's an English posh boy so she's gotta have him. I think there's too much expectancy with the whole marriage thing. It's just a piece of paper folks!!!

Return to “Other Male Musicians”