I Am A "bad" Girl. Whoo-boy! Shane West Is Hot!

VanessaM

Postby VanessaM » Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:33 am

Good gawd almighty,I am on a fantasy high this weekend. I have actually gone back to my "teeny-bopper" days and am now a woman on a mission to find a Shane West look a like. Nah,I wouldn't leave my boyfriend for a look-a-like would I??? Hmmmmm LOL

But seriously if you haven't seen the film 'A Walk to remember', I definitely recommend it. I work at a video store,so I am allowed to rent the movie before it's "street date" (which is July 9th by the way),so I rented it Friday,and I already have watched it (no lie) six times! I've watched it alone...twice ,I've watched it with my sister, I've watched it my buddies , my boyfriend ,my mother and her best friend.... it's bordering on the obsessive here. Something about Mandy and Shane's chemistry is just so sweet. And the character's relationship itself ...don't get me started. I adore my boyfriend, and he's great,but every single time I see the film,I'm sitting there thinking I want the same kind of relationship that "Jaime" and "Landon" have....with a Shane West look-a-like to go with it! LOL I'm so terrible.

Oh,and I must get the soundtrack. Anybody on here have it? If yes,can you tell me where you found your copy,because I haven't had any luck finding it yet?

I'm soooooo buying this movie this week :D[B]

<!--EDIT|VanessaM|Jul 7 2002, 03:34 PM-->

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:51 am

Ooooo another fan :). Yes, I have to admit that Shane makes me weak in the knees as well!

I have the soundtrack! It's really good actually, I love it. Um, I'm not sure where I got it, it was a present for my birthday but I'm assuming Sam Goody maybe?!

Good luck with finding that. Anytime you want to talk Shane, I'm here for ya :P

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:11 pm

Hey, I saw the movie when it came out in theaters 5 times, and I've watched it four more since I got it on video on Tuesday! If you watch it and you don't get that "Why won't a boy cry for me?" thought in your mind than you're just crazy because when my friends and I saw it back in January we were bordering insanity over the "two places at once" and "tattoo" thing. Why can't someone be that sweet?!?

The soundtrack is also awesome, Shane's band, formerly known as Average Jo, now Johnny Was is on it, track 11, "What is it all about" listed under the name "West, Gould, Fitzgerald" because of legal problems, is on it. They have a really cool punk rock sound and it contrasts some of the more "poppish" sounding music on the soundtrack really well. I highly recommend picking it up. I got my copy at Circuit City, but I've seen it at stores such as Borders, Sam Goody, and even stores like Target.

VanessaM

Postby VanessaM » Sat Jul 13, 2002 8:44 am

Well my favorite songs in the movie are "Mother, we just can't get enough", "Someday we'll know" plus that song "Flood" and that song I don't know what the name is that Landon is listening to on his bed looking at the year book. Now I already found "Mother, we just can't get enough", and "Someday we'll know" because both those songs are on the New Radicals c.d. I have no idea why somebody else is singing "Someday we'll know" on the soundtrack,but I still love both versions. But I just cannot find that damn c.d.!

I was aware about the Shane West written song,his band sings. It's the song that Landon is listening to in his car in the beginning of the movie,right?

Anyhoo,the two places at once thing I liked too,but the star thing is what got me. If my boyfriend named a star after me,I'd melt into a big puddle of person LOL Now that is just the sweetest thing I've ever heard.

I finally bought the movie Thursday,and I bought the book yesturday. The book isn't nearly as good as the movie in my opinion.

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:14 pm

Okay, two things:

the book: I think the book and the movie are both good but for some of it they shouldn't share the same name because there was a lot of stuff changed for the book. I LOVED the book, but that may be because I read it before I saw the movie, but the movie is awesome too. either of them could stand alone but sometimes it seems like they don't fit as the same thing.

also, the lead singer of the band Switchfoot (also on the sdtk) sang that version of someday we'll know with Mandy (on the sdtk) it's a really good version. Switchfoot, if you don't know, is a Christian rock band, I did a little research on them once i got the sdtk. It's kind of weird that they didn't use the new radicals version when the new radicals have another song on the sdtk, the song Mother... that you mentioned.

Also, a third thing, does anyone know what the song is that is playing in the background when Landon is getting chased by the cops at the beginning of the movie, before he crashes? Do you know which I mean, if anyone knows could you tell me please?! post it here or email me at poysonivy97@hotmail.com, or IM me on AIM: poisonivy16

thanks

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:13 pm

if you had read the boom first, you wouldn't have liked the movie better. I felt it killed some of the basic, yet essential senes and totally changed the whole thing. I cried more during the book too...:(

I agree with whoever said that they shouldn't share a name..:)

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:19 am

<span style='color:blue'> I too am one who watched it over and over and over and over...and over again. I absolutely loved it. It was hard to let it go when I had to take it back to the store. :(

I too want the "two places at once" and "tattoo" thing. That was so sweet. I also wish a boy would cry over me!! I just want that relationship they had. I'm just in love with thier love in that movie!! I can't get over it!

I saw Mandy in a Neutragena commercial and said "You're no longer Mandy Moore to me, You're Jamie Sullivan!" Okay, that's sad. I know... I just want someone make my list come true!!

I read the book first too. They weren't the same and here's why:

Landon wasn't as bad in the book
He spent more time w/ Jamie b4 falling in love
They walked home--which misses the whole point of the title--the walk to remember was her walking down the aisle. In the movie, that was the ONLY walk.
For some reason to me she seemed poorer in the book.

I know that there would be some differences, but I agree they shouldn't have had the same titles. </span>

:moo: moo

VanessaM

Postby VanessaM » Wed Jul 17, 2002 10:58 am

jc<3crack wrote:Also, a third thing, does anyone know what the song is that is playing in the background when Landon is getting chased by the cops at the beginning of the movie, before he crashes? Do you know which I mean, if anyone knows could you tell me please?! post it here or email me at poysonivy97@hotmail.com, or IM me on AIM: poisonivy16

thanks

Okay,I finally bought the AWTR soundtrack the other day,so now I have the book,the movie,and the soundtrack,plus I found really cool pc Wallpaper of Shane West...so now I'm happy! I have now seen the movie 27 times! People think I'm exaggerating,but I'm seriously not. I like to watch the movie before bed. This obsession is sad LOL I'm such a sucker for romance...and uh....Shane :P

Anyhoo,to answer your question,the song played during the car chase is "Empty Spaces" by Fuel. It's on their 'Something like human' c.d. I bought it along time ago because it has "Hemorrhage" and "Bad day" on it which are two of my favorite songs. Hope that helps :)

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:19 pm

Thank you SOOOO much, you ROCK! The sad part is, I have that CD... and I didn't recognize the song from Fuel...

Okay, this is how depressing I AM. I would watch the movie before bed, but I'm afraid I'll fall asleep during it... and I don't want to do that, it's like I'm disrespecting Shane... isn't that kinda stupid? Lol I can't help it, it's just me.

Other differences between the book and movie:

The whole scene with the orphanage...
The BIBLE and the two reading it together while she was sick
The wheel chair...

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:08 pm

I can't remember a lot of the differences anymore because I've read the book and seen the movie both way too many times? So someone please tell me, she didn't study stars like that in the book did she?!?

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:03 pm

I don't think so, the book was much more of the religious and moral side of the story, always carrying the Bible around with her and stuff like that. I was just about to read the book again myself, now that I've seen the movie a million and a half times so if I do find anything about stars I will let ya know. I think she was going to the orphanage and stuff, and he was the one that hung out in the cemetary with his friends at night, not her...

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Sat Jul 20, 2002 7:05 am

right that's what I thought...okay thanks :)

Return to “Other Actors”