Tobey Maguire's Dad Spent Time In Prison

CrazyCanadianChick
Supreme Member

Postby CrazyCanadianChick » Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:33 pm

from J-14...

As bizzare as it sounds, the Spider-Man actor's father Vincent held up a bank in California nine years ago. Broke and believing he was dying of cancer, Tobey's father entered a bank unmasked and unarmed with a note that read, in part, "I have nothing to live for, " and demanded money. He managed to make off with a bag of cash, but was later caught and spent two years in jail. The story, which was first reported in the National Inquirer, was later confirmed by The New York Daily News. Although the actor refuses to comment in his father's criminal past, his publicist has confirmed that the incident is, ubfortuately, true.

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:51 am

Whoa... I respect Tobey for not wanting to talk about his father, I'm not sure anyone, given that situation, would want to make any comments, for all we know he could support his dad 110% or he could just be ashamed... who knows, right?

CrazyCanadianChick
Supreme Member

Postby CrazyCanadianChick » Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:31 pm

Personally I'd be ashamed to talk about my dad if he robbed a bank and went to jail and I think everyone should respect Tobey's decision not to talk about it. The press can go way too far sometimes. I know it's their job to get juicy details out of stars, but at the same time they need to respect them and their personal lives.

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Fri Jul 19, 2002 4:23 pm

I agree with you 100% i don't think the public should be privy to everything that has ever happened to these people and their family. They are, although be do put them on high pedestals sometimes, real people with real feelings, they, eat, drink, and go to the bathroom like everyone else does, and just like we have a right to our personal lives, they should have a right to their's without the press trying to dig into their pasts all the time.

Return to “Other Actors”