Hanks Has Eyes For "ladykiller"

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Hanks Has Eyes For "ladykiller"

Postby Miss Moon » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:17 pm

eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,10589,00.html

by Josh Grossberg
Sep 25, 2002, 2:30 PM PT

After seeing his oh-so-serious turns in Road to Perdition and Cast Away it's hard to remember that Tom Hanks used to be funny.

Well, the guy who shot to fame in Bosom Buddies is heading back to his comic roots thanks to those ever-quirky Coen brothers, according to Daily Variety.

Director Joel and writer-producer Ethan Coen are eyeing Hanks for the lead in The Ladykillers, their modern retelling of the classic 1955 comedy from Britain's legendary Ealing Studios that starred Alec Guinness and Peter Sellers.

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:32 am

Tom Hanks is SO awesome, Road to Perdition was so good, so was Catch Me If You Can... he's completely cool, I want him to be my dad, lol him and Mel Gibson, they just seem like awesome people.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:42 pm

Oh, I love Tom Hanks too! In all his dramas, Oscar performances and I pretty much liked the fact that even when he was like uber-big, he still did "You've Got mail" with Meg Ryan, just for the old tradition. And also the way he handled this Big Fat Greek thing this year (don't know why people are so crazy about this movie, still!) as a producer - this was amazing!

which of his earlier movies do you like most? Without the latest, like Cast Away or Road to Perdition?

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:32 am

Big was a funny movie, You've got Mail is wicked good... um... the first movie I ever saw with him in, I think, was Turner and Hooch! lol

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:35 pm

Oh, yes, I had forgotten Big - it was really funny in a touching way! I loved Sleepless in Seattle - did he meet Rita Wilson there? God, he has such a wide range of movies, if you try to remember, you can't remember all of them in one minute! I watched Saving Private Ryan this Sunday again and I still cry on it, I don't know why.

Personally my favorite performance by Tom Hanks is the Forrest Gump one and I still think this is the best one!

:)

Return to “Other Actors”