Wow!

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:16 pm

god, there hasn't been a new post or topic like, forever!!!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Tue Dec 24, 2002 6:01 pm

Well, there is now!

Seriously, I would open a topic here if I'm sure that everyone else will attend too. There are a lot of actors I could talk about.

So I suggest You guys vote who we should dedicate a new topic too, and we start it.

I can also give you a few suggestions, like
established actors or younger actors without order: Tom Cruise, George Clooney, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Jude Law, Ewan McGregor, Joaquin Phoenix, Heath Ledger, Robert Downey, etc., etc.. etc. Sorry I just can't come up with more names.

Personally I could talk about
my favourite actor - Tobey Maguire (in all his movies)
and my new pick for the year is Kieran Culkin-"Igby Goes Down" (I just love their whole family)

Or we can just pick up the guys from the movies that come out, that would be easier.

Milla, do you have some ambitions for "supreme member" status? :D
I hope this answers your topic!

Moi B)

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:29 am

hi claire!

hmmm... choices, choices, choices.

which one shall i pick?
I don't know! i want someone to help me! :(

oh, is this joaquin phoenix guy the same one out of um, that one movie, oh yeah...Signs?

you're so talkative. why won't anybody come join in this little chat? :unsure:
oh and about tobey... i don't know, he's a little weak in the acting area. but he was pretty good in spiderman.

Someone out there please answer,
Milla

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:53 pm

Yep, dear, i'm here to talk!

And yes, Joaquin Phoenix is from Signs and also from Gladiator and other movies.

I think exactly the opposite about Spiderman - it was weak, and in all of his other movies he did really strong. But whatever, I'll insist he's misunderstood, and that's it. That OK?

And pick, do it! if the others don't show up, we're gonna talk alone.

Moi B)

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:46 am

about tobey maguire... i don't know anything. whatever. i think i've only seen him in spiderman and gladiator. i don't know much. and you should know someting about me. i change my mind a lot. :lol:

God...i don't know what to do. but i seriously don't want to talk about actors that are tired and old. we should start intorducing new an fresh faces, yes?

Just plain bored,
Milla

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:47 am

cool. i'm creeping closer and closer until my graduation of my newbie-ness.(?)

Getting even more bored,
Milla

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:22 pm

Well, I agree about the new fresh faces!

Oh, and if you don't know Tobey Maguire, I should tell you because there is a lot of gossip aroung going on about him, after Spiderman came out (of course, they didn't know him before!) that is not true.
I was a little shocked when they chose him for Spiderman because he's always been the anti-superhero, and to be chosen as superhero was quite strange. He has more of the geek image, the misunderstood loser. He's mainly known for the movie Pleasantville, which I recommend and then he was an orphan in Cider House Rules (Oscar awarded film) and then a genius student in Wonderboys. There are also other but smaller movies. He doesn't talk much and doesn't appear much. All that stuff that happened after Spiderman - thousands of teens started liking him and trying to make a sex symbol of him - I think this is totally wrong. For me he's anti-sexy, he's not even beautiful. He's strange and has that imbecile look in his eyes. I mean in all of his roles he portrayed troubled guys, and I think he did well. I don't even know why the hell he auditioned for Spiderman? So, I'm telling you - if you don't like too complicated characters you would probably don't like him, cause otherwise he's not that attractive. Actually, he's been disappointing me, like a hundred times, but I'm sticking to him, really strange affection, he's got great influence on me.

Whatever, I think I was too long again, but I really wanted you to get it right, because I really want people to get the right idea of him. The way they portray him in the press now, when he's got a mega blockbuster movie is a way different than before and it's really ridiculous sometimes. I mean for the people who knew him from before he hasn't changed. Stuff like that. You got my point.

And don't be bored, I'm gonna talk with you a lot , but I have to take a little vacation, like one or two days and I'm back, OK?

Moi B)

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:49 am

thanx for the info on tobey! like i said, i really didn't know anything until now, so i thank you again.

wow, you have a pretty strange (but sensible) attraction to tobey maguire. interesting, very interesting.

don't worry claire. i'll be fine. maybe i can clear my head of a few troubling things in these days. :D

Anyone, feel free to respond,
Milla...in seattle :lol:

Justin'sLittleHelper

Postby Justin'sLittleHelper » Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:52 am

Ok so I'm new here and your wanting people to post in this thread so here I am posting away. :)
I like Toby Maguire! :D Pleasantville is good plus Jonathan and Riley from Buffy are in it and being Buffy obsessed and all it pleased me :P Don't be put of by my insane ramblings or my signature which I know turned into a bit of an essay and there's little sense among that madness, I'm going to edit it just haven't really got round to doing the actually editing yet :huh: ...
Speaking of other actors you know Viggo Mortensen - Aragorn/Strider/The Heir of Gondor from Lord Of The Rings well, I though he was pretty, how should I put it, good looking in the film so I looked him up and in real life he doesn't look as nice... I think it's something to do with the hair. On the other had Orlando looks good with or without the blonde locks :wub:!
Check out these pics of Viggo and maybe you see what I mean, hope the links work :)
http://us.imdb.com/EGallery?source=ss&group=0120737&photo=1442.jpg&path=pgallery&path_key=Mortensen,+ViggoThis isn't the best pic but you can see here he looks nice and all Aragornyish...
http://us.imdb.com/EGallery?source=granitz&group=0434-ret&photo=mortons1.nvi&path=pgallery&path_key=Mortensen,+ViggoAnd here he looks a little creepy, no? It's probably just me that thinks that, but there ya go... :D

Claire xx

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:39 pm

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>welcome claire!!</span></span>

lol, your signature is longer than your post!! but it's okay. there are shorter signatures than yours, but crazy ones.

yeah pleasantville is good, but i'm more interested to see Ice Storm. i think he's in that movie. old one though. have you seen spiderman? no offense to you, i see you like tobey, but the movie wasn't what i expected. didn't really like it.

by the way, you can start editing your signature after reading this post... :P

Justin'sLittleHelper

Postby Justin'sLittleHelper » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:42 pm

Ok, ok I can take a hint, I'm off to edit my signature. :)

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:36 pm

nice to hear everyonw blab away!
now that's my kind of conversation. :D

*sigh*

SOooooooo....

hey, claire. your signature isn't as long as genna's.lol. it's amazingly extended.

Yeah, as i've said before...viggo is only good looking with, sticky, sweaty, dirty, dark hair.
I wish it was naturally that way.

Lotsoflove,
Milla

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:07 pm

Justin'sLittleHelper wrote: I like Toby Maguire! :D Pleasantville is good plus Jonathan and Riley from Buffy are in it and being Buffy obsessed and all it pleased me :P

Speaking of other actors you know Viggo Mortensen - Aragorn/Strider/The Heir of Gondor from Lord Of The Rings well, I though he was pretty, how should I put it, good looking in the film so I looked him up and in real life he doesn't look as nice... I think it's something to do with the hair. On the other had Orlando looks good with or without the blonde locks :wub:!

Wow! You're the first person that I meet to like both "Buffy" and Tobey Maguire. Honestly. Actually I started watching Buffy soon after I watched "Pleasantville". Strange. Anyway, there is somebody with me! :D

So, I guess we start the Viggo Mortensen talk, yes? That's Ok, cause I know him well. I've watched him in movies. Glad he's Aragorn.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:12 pm

chantoir wrote: <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>welcome claire!!</span></span>

lol, your signature is longer than your post!! but it's okay. there are shorter signatures than yours, but crazy ones.

yeah pleasantville is good, but i'm more interested to see Ice Storm. i think he's in that movie. old one though. have you seen spiderman? no offense to you, i see you like tobey, but the movie wasn't what i expected. didn't really like it.

God, HI Chan!

I totally agree that Spiderman was a teeny movie. And instead of feeling the deep drama, (that I thought I was supposed to feel) it was kinda funny for me. Even he was funny! (Peter)

Oh, and if you have any chance watch "The Ice Storm". I mean if you like that kind of movies, you'll like this one. It's dark. It's with other interesting actors, too.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:16 pm

orleez#1babe wrote:
wow, you have a pretty strange (but sensible) attraction to tobey maguire. interesting, very interesting.

Yes, really weird but strong affection. Even I wonder how. I mean teenagers change their mind a lot, and I'm stuck to him like...hm, I guess four years already...

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:07 pm

i'm confused...justin's little helper and claire (from the LDC board) is just one and the same person?

:huh:

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:09 pm

oh i get it now...justin's little helper's real name is claire...and claire's real name is vassy...

don't mind this post if you're having a hell wondering what is it about...

i just got confused with posts made...

:D

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:16 pm

don't worry... you're not the only one that got a little onfused.
it took me a loooooooooong time to figure that out....i was just sitting there, wondering how to un-confuse myself.

but now i get it.

Milla

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:34 pm

milla:oh thanks, so i'm not the only who went "huh?"..anyway, nice meeting you...i see you're a newbie. where do you often post? you should go around all the boards and just post smilies...you'll be a supreme member in no time. :lol:

justin's little helper: you're the helper of who? justin timberlake? so are you compensated well enough? :D kidding aside, you should have retain your signature. admin might give out an award for the 'longest signature in abstracts'. you're a potential winner. :)

claire:hi Vasselina! *hoping she spelled it correctly* i didn't like spiderman so much so that i want to take my money back from the cashier in the cinema. :D yeah, i should watch 'ice storm' real soon, christina ricci is also in it right? i like her. :)

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:40 pm

i am not a newbie, i was formally "orleez#1babe". i had some technical dificulties, and so i had to change it, although i was very close to not being a newbie. i was at like, oh say, 91 posts or something?
i got very mad, i even started a new subject in ob to point his whole thing out. i was very pissed.
but i'm over it now!

and justins little helper: are you justin t.'s helper???

lotsoflove,
milla

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:00 am

i am not a newbie, i was formally "orleez#1babe". i had some technical dificulties, and so i had to change it, although i was very close to not being a newbie. i was at like, oh say, 91 posts or something?

man! that's a bummer...i have 1000+ posts at the moment and i could kill admin if what happened to you will happen to me...i bet you were fuming like a raging bull at that time... :sprint:

a lot of orlando usernames here...orleez#1babe, Orli'sBeloved, orlando_crazy, *Orlando_Bloom_babe*, ...

i'm not a fan of orly though, no offense...and i still haven't seen any LOTR movie! :ph34r: but i heard the second movie already passed the $200 million mark...wow!

:)

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:34 am

you've just gotta see the movies!
i suggest reading the books first, but now it's just gonna take wayto long because when you read lotr, you have to really understand. for me, i had to go really slow and absorb every word and detail.

and remeber, don't watch the 2nd one without watching the1st one first!

lotsoflove
milla

Justin'sLittleHelper

Postby Justin'sLittleHelper » Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:27 pm

Claire wrote:Wow! You're the first person that I meet to like both "Buffy" and Tobey Maguire. Honestly.  Actually I started watching Buffy soon after I watched "Pleasantville". Strange. Anyway, there is somebody with me!  :D  

Ok... Starting to wish I'd come up with a better name, and yes it's Justin Timberlake. <_<

I've liked Buffy since the first season, I decided to watch it after seeing the movie. I'm more into now because of all the cons I've gone too... :blink: :)

Claire xx

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:22 am

i have some good advice: if you want to change your name, do it now. before it's to late and you just get all angry and mad that you are still going to be a newbie after all the posts you have made. trust me.,

Lotsoflove,
milla

Justin'sLittleHelper

Postby Justin'sLittleHelper » Tue Dec 31, 2002 10:02 am

Any ideas of a better name? ;) Any thoughts would be much appreciated since my mind is on blank mode right now :blink: :D

Claire xx

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:17 pm

i don't know.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:34 pm

chantoir wrote: i didn't like spiderman so much so that i want to take my money back from the cashier in the cinema.  :D yeah, i should watch 'ice storm' real soon, christina ricci is also in it right? i like her. :)

Oh, funny! You really wanted your money back? Well I didn't go that far!

And for the actors in "The Ice Storm" - some of the parents are Sigourney Weaver, Joanne Allen (from Pleasantville) and some of the younger kids are Katie Holmes, Christina Ricci and Elijah Wood.
I think it was a good movie about the 70's. I thought they missed it at the Oscars, cause it was Titanic's year, if you remember. Though Leonardo tried to promote it a little bit ("have you seen my friend Tobey Maguire in this new movie The Ice Storm? :lol: )

Ah, and if you're gonna watch The Two Towers i advise reading the books LOTR first. And watch first the Fellowship of the Ring! The DVD is unbelievable!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:43 pm

Justin'sLittleHelper wrote: Any ideas of a better name?

Well, if you use your real name, we two can obviously be mistaken with each other :lol: so I suggest you just use some nick that friends call you with or some name you've always liked. In all cases I suggest sth short and easy to be remembered. Shorter names are better, those long nicks are of no use - there are thousands of long nicks here... anyway, you can check then if there is such name on the list!

Oh, and if you're from the uSA you're probably watching Buffy #7, and I'm so jealous of this. I wanna see it also. I'm also in the SMGfan board as Claire, too, if you've come across this. It's interesting there sometimes, but the girls sometimes hate me, they're shauvinist and real b****es sometimes (not to offend them!) that's why I'm here where most of the people are really nice!

Oh, and don't forget to inform us here when you come up with the new name!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:48 pm

OK, I didn't get who is starting the topic called "Viggo Mortensen"?

Ain't he the guy we all agreed on?

And I guess the other girls will come also!

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:10 am

you've just gotta see the movies!
i suggest reading the books first, but now it's just gonna take wayto long because when you read lotr, you have to really understand. for me, i had to go really slow and absorb every word and detail.

and remeber, don't watch the 2nd one without watching the1st one first!

Ah, and if you're gonna watch The Two Towers i advise reading the books LOTR first. And watch first the Fellowship of the Ring! The DVD is unbelievable!

thanks. i'll take note of your tips. weird, but the reason i never watched it is because i'm such a big fan of Harry Potter and LOTR is like Lord Voldemort to me. :lol: just make sure i won't just be wasting my time okay?

Oh, funny! You really wanted your money back? Well I didn't go that far!

believe it or not claire! i wasn't really very angry, but i was so dissappointed i wished i had used the movie to buy snacks instead. :D

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:30 pm

chantoir wrote:
thanks. i'll take note of your tips. weird, but the reason i never watched it is because i'm such a big fan of Harry Potter and LOTR is like Lord Voldemort to me. :lol: just make sure i won't just be wasting my time okay?

OH, don't worry, HP and LOTR are totally different. All that stuff jornalists write - comparing - it's absolutely ridiculous. HP is other kind of fantazy book, it's unique in its storyline. While the LOTR books are more different in their structure, a lot of symbols, and make other kinds of impressions.

And for those who have read also The Hobbit - it resembles Harry Potter a little (in structure, not storyline of course!) The LOTR ones are more difficult to read (well, not for me, I'm done in 5 days, for example)

But whatever, do as you wish! We were just pointing out that it's better to have read sth before watching some screen version. Otherwise it's not that fatal! :)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:33 pm

*blab*

No one has called for the Viggo Mortensen topic! :( Should I start it?

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:36 am

:D i don't know about the vm topic, it seems odd. but i will gladly participate in it! at least you know you have one customer!

i'm sorry girls....i've been gone because of some political issues that have aroused. but i am happy and back here. it is nice to escape for a while. :lol:

does everyone agree me on this: doesn't hp seem a little too magical??? (in the movies of course) i just sort of have a feeling that when i see lotr, it sometimes makes me feel as if this world actually existed. it's pretty realistic. i mean, i don't know. i'm just thinking aloud. i love doing that. :P

lotsoflove,
milla

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Yep, HP and LOTR are different kinds of fantazy books. HP is supposed to be Action/Adventure and LOTR - Drama. SO, in HP they basically can't change the storyline, cause the whole sequence of actions will be destroyed. So they destroy details. That's why it seems a way too magical - it's just happening too fast and intense without much explanations. More important is that they kept the last scene in CoS exactly as it was in the book. Cause it contained the message. In LOTR they changed the events, but this didn't change the overall idea, because they expressed the main things, just in other way. (OK, I disapprove of this, but I'm impartial) And of course a lot of the original lines were in, so I guess that if you believe in the Tolkien world, it doesn't matter.

Oh, this was pretty long and messed up explanation, but I was trying to analyze it. Hope you got my point!

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:40 pm

Milla wrote: i'm sorry girls....i've been gone because of some political issues that have aroused. but i am happy and back here. it is nice to escape for a while. :lol:

does everyone agree me on this: doesn't hp seem a little too magical??? (in the movies of course) i just sort of have a feeling that when i see lotr, it sometimes makes me feel as if this world actually existed. it's pretty realistic. i mean, i don't know. i'm just thinking aloud. i love doing that. :P

you're into political issues huh? what issues kept you busy?

i can't comment on LOTR because i still haven't seen it, but yeah, harry potter is pretty magical...but the ally mcbeal in me (fairy-tale believer) enjoyed it a lot!

and oh milla, about thinking aloud, just keep it coming baby... :D

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:20 am

hi ladies! how are you girls doing????

oh, um.....political issues. i'll give the info little by little. i'm sort of a very political person, and i am very involoved and active in the middle east situation. i am 100% of palestinian pure blood. i can fight pretty damn well for my country, although when you look at recent maps, you see israel written there, not PALESTINE. but me and my people know that there are palestinian people living there (more like dying there), and it is an advantage to live in the america. many people take for granted the freedom they have here. and that is why i live here in america. these american people know very liitle about this situation, and the american media just stuffs up their peoples head all the f***ing sh** they make up, making US sound like terrorists. f*** them and their country. screw the whole government. i give lectures at the university of Washington, and i have traveled to Washington DC many times. i go all around the country, and have visited many other countries. although i am only 17 years old. i someday dream of working in the un or something, to put the UN officials in their right minds. they are all god damn assholes. pardon my language. i just get a little overstimulated and can't resist the temptation to use all those powerful, juicy little swear words. :P

i just love writing down what i think. the written word is very powerful, because nobody can overpower it with a louder voice. it is beutiful.

and you have got to see lotr. it's so cool. but i'm not a gek or anything.

lotsoflove,
milla

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:31 pm

hi milla!!

where are you from in the US?

wow! you're so politically active even only at the age of 17!! you're still in highschool right? it's nice to know that some teenagers nowadays aren't only interested with entertainment issues, but political as well. what other countries have you visited?

oh yes, the written word is very powerful and beautiful. are you a writer, too?

well, i still have to see the first lotr movie. the second one is showing in our country now, but as some of you have said, i have to watch the first movie before checking out the second one.

see yah!

:)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:51 pm

Dear Milla,

I was really glad to understand more about you! You're so conscientious! I mean a person who really cares...

Don't worry - Geek-land is cool. I inhabit it. It's torturing sometimes, but we can always diss the f*cking b*tches that we don't like and it is not considered rude!

Chantoir, my girl, if you're gonna rent the LOTR movie, rent the DVD, not the VHS, cause the DVD has cool features (for those who indulge themselves in hobbits especially...)

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:36 pm

Claire wrote: Dear Milla,

I was really glad to understand more about you! You're so conscientious! I mean a person who really cares...

Don't worry - Geek-land is cool. I inhabit it. It's torturing sometimes, but we can always diss the f*cking b*tches that we don't like and it is not considered rude!

Chantoir, my girl, if you're gonna rent the LOTR movie, rent the DVD, not the VHS, cause the DVD has cool features (for those who indulge themselves in hobbits especially...)

i'll take note of that claire!! :)

yeah, sometimes i'm a bit of a geek. depends on the situation. but there's really nothing to be shameful of what you are. f*** the people who doesn't know anything but to scrutinize people. they're not worthy of attention anyway so just shrug it off. :D

Return to “Other Actors”