Favorite Movies

angeleyezBSB
Advanced Member

Postby angeleyezBSB » Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:57 pm

I'm bored so i decided to start this topic .Any way, list and name your favourite movies ever, it doesn't matter how old or new . blockbuster or not. What are everyone's favourite movies?

One of my favourite movies would have to be 1986'S Stand By Me, with River Phoenix, who was an amazing actor, who died tragically hollywood style. He was great in the film and it's a really amazing film, that's based on Stephan king's "The Body" it's funny and touching. :P

Anyone else seen it? :unsure:

And Shawshank Redemption is a really good movie.

~KTBSPAAF~

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:18 am

Well, most of Spielberg's, like "Poltergeist" or E.T. , I love his style. I also like horror movies, don't know how this sounds!

And I've watched "Four Weddings and a Funeral" so many times - I just can't stop... + also the Meg Ryan rom comedies are one of my favourite things to watch, they just calm me down.

But I'm basically interested in movies like "Boogie Nights" (praise to Pol Anderson for that one!) I love "Jerry Maguire" by Cameron Crowe, he's also a good director ("Almost Famous")

I agree for the Shawshank Redemption - totally forgotten by the Oscars!

I can't remember more but I guess if I do I can stop by again?

CutieClare19
Advanced Member

Postby CutieClare19 » Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:45 pm

<span style='color:blue'> Here are some of my favorite movies ~

Almost Famous
Poetic Jusitice
Romeo and Juliet (Clare Danes and Leo)
Drop Dead Fred
JoyRide
Eve's Bayou
Cruel Intentions
O
Goissp

That's a few there is more but I won't go on lol
</span>

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:20 pm

wow, i can't even begin to think of all the movies that i think are great. but then again, i am a harsh critic.

so......nobody likes "memento"??? no? i loved it.

and the only way that i'm going to actually list the movies is if someone else mentions it and i forgot that i loved it.(did that make any sense? i'm losing my ability to write english lately)

lotsoflove

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:23 pm

omg! look! at my little info box on the side! i'm a member now! not a newbie!

I AM SPEECHLESS! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:26 am

Memento
Insomnia
Contact
A Beautiful Mind
A Walk to Remember
Big Daddy
Billy Madison

I could never pick just one!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:44 pm

OK, you're gonna kill me for that, but ... "High Fidelity" is the only movie that really represents what I am and the way I exist ( just like John Cusack's character). I knew you would hate me. People hate that movie because of the topic, but it's actually smart written. whatever - in geekland everything is allowed!

arwens_rivendell

Postby arwens_rivendell » Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:48 am

Can't think of many but here they are:-

Cruel Intentions
American Tale
Lord of the rings 1 & 2
Harry potter 1 & 2
Back to the future trilogy

Ummmm... thats about all i can think of right now...

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:41 pm

steel magnolias
moulin rouge
arthur
where the heart is
willie wonka and the chocolate factory :D

**i love poltergeist too! -- one of the first movies i ever bought on video :nod:
shawshank redemption is another one i love too! i agree.... it should've gotten more praise than it did. truly a brilliant film. :thumbup: **

ooh... i'm sure i'll think of more in a minute. :rolleyes: i can think of a million if someone DOESN'T ask me! :lol:

CutieClare19
Advanced Member

Postby CutieClare19 » Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:53 am

<span style='color:blue'> ohh I forgot about willy wonka except when I was younger the little orange people gave me nightmares. </span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:54 am

:lol: oh... now how could the oompa loompas give you nightmares? :lol: they were so cuddly! :D :lol: altho some people think the same of clowns, but they scared the crap outta me when i was younger.... and sometimes they still do.... :nervous:

in fact, one night i was home by myself and this old "b" movie called "clown house." OMG! i was going around checking all the locks on the doors. :freaked: i was terrified! i let the dog sleep on the bed THAT night, let me tell ya!!! :nod: :lol:

CutieClare19
Advanced Member

Postby CutieClare19 » Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:31 pm

<span style='color:purple'> I don't know just something about little orange people running around used to scare me lol. Ya I know a couple of people who are afraid of clowns! There was this one movie about killer clowns I think it was called Killer clowns from outspace. . . that movie used to scare me lol . </span>

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:09 am

the most classic movie would probably be sound of music. no one can say that they didn't love it when they were little, right?

and the orange people creeped me out, too. i don't know why. they weren't so cute.

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:56 pm

Milla wrote:the most classic movie would probably be sound of music. no one can say that they didn't love it when they were little, right?

so true! i still love it! yep... that one belongs on my list of favorites for sure. :nod:

my favorite part when i was little was the marionette show... "high on a hill lived a lonely goat herd..." you know, the yodeling one! they had that big puppet theatre and stuff! i remember thinking that was so cool! :lol: :D

Return to “Other Actors”