Viggo Mortensen

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:14 pm

Well, he played Aragorn, the heir of Gondor recently.

And some Oscar buzz has been going around about him. Actually I meant to ask what do you think of his performance in the movie? Did you see him as Aragorn? Me not that much - I prefered Strider from the Fellowship. And I wait for the king in Return of the King.

What is your opinion on Aragorn and the way he portrayed it? Was he belevable enough? And did the presence of Arwen helped his character or just spoiled the image he was recreating?

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:50 pm

I loved him in The Two Towers, though I think the cast member that desrves the hottness, best action sequences goes to Orlando

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:17 pm

Well, I don't know if he was looking so great... I was more worried if heis performance was of class. I can't judge. I mean, didn't you expect a little deeper interpretation of Aragorn? Did he do well?

As for the action - he did well, he definitely was in centre, but was he dramatic enough? As we know in what situation is he, and how hard his life was - it was all so sad to me. maybe I wanted him to be a little more emotional...

As for the looks, I don't know, but this is my favourite picture of Aragorn:

movieweb.com/movie/lordofrings2/co5.jpgAragorn

Probably because it shows his face close, and we may wonder what is he thinking.

But this one with Arwen is really not that bad also, he seems contemplated:

movieweb.com/movie/lordofrings2/coc.jpgAragorn and Arwen

What do you think of these?

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:53 am

I have a very stupid question but I really want to know so please don't laugh..........................ok, you may laugh but don't let me know you did....................

what's teh difference between Strider and Aragorn? :unsure:

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:45 pm

That's perfectly clear now. Thanks a lot........may I ask how you know that? did you read it elsewhere or was it explained in teh film while I was daydreaming??.......sorry but +3hours is more than I can take.....film-wise that is ;)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:51 pm

No, it wasn't explained in the movie, but they called him Strider and then it became clear that his name is Aragorn. My favourite name is The Heir of Gondor - cause it shows that he is the king, probably. I don't know, shows the status?

Hey the voice is probably some feature of his Danish origin. I guess. I love the extended version, too, it had more scenes, more stuff (more things on the additional discs! :wub: )

L., we know this from the book - people like him are known as Striders, his real name is Aragorn, but he doesn't use it - they may recognize him. And they could really killl him. And he also has other names, but I don't inform you for them right now! :)

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:57 pm

umm..i think you mean the heir of gondor. he might have nice hair, but he himself isnt a hair.

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:58 am

:lol: I prefer Legolas's hair even though it is so blond and so sleek ....at least it's shiny and long .......Strider's hair is too greazy ....I wouldn't stoke his hair but I love the whole style :wub:

Thanks for teh explanation Claire :)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:43 pm

well, I think we have agreed that typing mistakes are common. An dI correct them usually. You didn't need to be so mean about it.

L! You are here! :wub:

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:09 am

and so are you Claire!! It's been ages since I last had a few words with you. I asked Chantoir about you she said you were busy with exams and stuff ....hope it all went well. Wishing you the best :pray:

:wub:

arwens_rivendell

Postby arwens_rivendell » Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:46 am

He looks so rough and wild in the film but i don't like his blonde hair and stuff in real life..NOT GOOD! <_<

Orli

Postby Orli » Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:56 pm

Aragorn, Strider, Heir of Isildur, Son of Arathorn the boy has like a bazilloin different names!I could name more but I won't(ok i will King of all Men, ok ill stop) Watever you want to call him, the guy is hot. I like that "ruggedness" he has about him in the movie. I love the extended too. He is soo funny. My fav is proly when he is talking about Frodos extra(i forgot his have!) and when they are in the boats and frodos extras is telling him that if the boat starts going down to save himself because he cant swim. (ok mabye its not a s funny being exlpained over the internet but its soo funny!) Yeah, and Viggo is sooo talented!!!! HE has done lots of movies and he has 2 jazz music CD's out, 2 books of poetry(one more on the way!), He speaks 3 different languges(English, Spanish, and Dutch) HE has a buissness degree. Who could ask for more!? I think that its coo ltaht he is a singel parent, I mean you dont see very may men out here taking care of their kids by themselvs.(not that is doesn't happen, but very rarly) Well I'm going to stop now.Heheh take care ppl!!!! BYE!!!
Adios!!! :rolleyes: :D :P :)

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:39 am

does anybody know where(if anywhere)i could find a picture of viggo on a motorcycle?
...loooong story...
my mom was like, 'ooh, aragorn s such a studmuffin! it would be so hott if he rode a harley!

and her birthday is commin up, so i just wanted to give her a pic of him on a motorcycle.

thanks a bunch!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:03 pm

Motorcycle? Hm, I really don't know. This should be sth rare. Have you seen it, or you just suppose there is such? I may check.

Hey, and for the girl, who wrote so much - I liked him in the movie "Perfect Murder" a lot. Do you know the drawings on the wall were his own? Pretty interesting!

Orli

Postby Orli » Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:51 pm

Me? I'm the girl who wrote alot. Hey how do you know I'm a girl? Hehehe I'm j/k I am. YEah I did know that. That was somthing I left out. I mean this guy is soooo multi talented. A true renaissance(did i spell that right?) man. He is soo cool. I dont know where you could find a pic of him on a bike. But I do remember seeing one, or mabye i dreamed it. Sometimes I dream things and later I can't tell if it was really or just a dream, its really freaky because I rember it so clearly. (yeah ok im a freak! :P ) Well good luck "hunting" hehehe
Adios!!!!!

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:16 am

yup, that movie, with gwenyth and michael douglas, and there was another one, which it's name isn't coming tome....oh well. but yep. definetily more rugged and dirty and hunky in lotr. got, i just wanted to moke love to him so bad in that state of him. jk.

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:49 pm

Milla wrote: yup, that movie, with gwenyth and michael douglas,

It was called 'a perfect murder' and it was sooooo good! he didnt have short hair(hurrah!)! it was all long-ish and aragorn style! i loved it!

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:51 pm

Claire wrote: Motorcycle? Hm, I really don't know. This should be sth rare. Have you seen it, or you just suppose there is such? I may check.

Hey, and for the girl, who wrote so much - I liked him in the movie "Perfect Murder" a lot. Do you know the drawings on the wall were his own? Pretty interesting!

ok, thanks, but i dont know if it exists.

but they were his own as in, he painted the, or he just owned them?

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:56 pm

He painted them, they were his work. He is a painter, really multi-talented, as they said here. I think it was the "girl who writes a lot". :D Besides the acting, and the painting and the writing, he is also musician.

I am still looking for such a picture but - no success. Maybe big scan of his face would work? :)

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:17 pm

oh, well, thanks a bunch for trying! ill probably just get a pic of some random person on a harley and glue his face on it.

....she'll never know....

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:17 pm

Yes, good luck with this operation, about ther birthday!

When, I'm thinking, my mom likes him, too... hm, no wonder; and he is also her age... maye I should think of some LOTR goodies for her, too, she has a birthday soon! You gave me a good idea! ;)

Orli

Postby Orli » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:01 pm

Well no one has said anything in a while si I will say some stuff. HE is so hot, and sexy, and smart, and funny,and talented. Has anyone heard his music CDs? I have they are really good, he is just a great all around guy. *ahhhh dreams of Viggo, or Aragorn, whatever* heheheheheh.

Adios!!!! :rolleyes: :D :huh: :P B)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:48 am

Yep, we know! :lol:

I actually haven't heard his music, but I would love to. Is is anywhre on the net?

I have this LOTR calendar on my wall, and february is exactly aragorn. Do you have that sort od calendar? Which is your February picture?

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:13 pm

Claire wrote: Yep, we know! :lol:

I actually haven't heard his music, but I would love to. Is is anywhre on the net?

I havent ever heard it either, but I think i might download it on WinMX.

You can get somekind of free download server like winmx or kaaza or audiogalaxy or something. Ill let ya knoe if i find any!

Orli

Postby Orli » Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:34 pm

Whoa here is a picture from RotK! I can't wait till that movie. I mean the book, RotK, was my favorite. He really kicks @$$ in this book. Can't wait to see the movie, hopfull they don't mess it up like they did with the second one.(it was dissaponting) oh well BYe!
Adios! :D :D

tolkienonline.com/gallery/gallery_item.cfm?ID=6835http://www.tolkienonline.com/gallery/galle...tem.cfm?ID=6835

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:57 pm

Oh, I read they messed it up a lot! But this includes only the hobbits, don't worry, if you're not their fan you won't suffer a lot (guess what: I am going to!). I'm not gonna say what i know though, cause it may be considered spoiler.

Anyway! King Elessar rocks! ;)

Orli

Postby Orli » Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:59 pm

Yeah they did mess it up. I know what they messed up, I have read it already. I mean the #3rd book is so cool and they are messing it up. I was upset wit what they did to the 2nd one, it just wan't as good and the first. But I can't wait till the third, 1# i want to see shelob which should have been in the 2nd book, but yeah Aragorn get to be the King and thats soo cool (sorry ppl spolier kinda) but yeah I like that pic its sooo cool!

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:57 pm

hmm.....his music is.....unique.....

a lot of what i listened to was just him sounding really sad and depressed while reading poetry to music. But what i ddi hear of actual singing was....hmmm.....lets just say he's no Justin Timberlake.

but thats my oppinion.
But he's still one of the hottest guys over 40!

Orli

Postby Orli » Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:04 am

PervyHobbitFancier wrote: ....hmmm.....lets just say he's no Justin Timberlake.

You say that like its a bad thing! I do not like JT. (blah!) YEah it is kinda sad but I like it, but only when I am in the mood for sad music, not a driving in the car type of music. (unless you want to) But whatever, he is sooo sexy, even though he is soo old. (well not really) I cant wait to see him in the next movie!(ROTK) He gets all kingly and powerful and stuff. Whooo hoooo!!! :lol: :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;)

leg_less_lass

Postby leg_less_lass » Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:03 am

i think vigo is well mingin

Return to “Other Actors”