Save Oliver Wood!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:05 am

As you may know or don't know this character will be removed form the "Prisoner of Azkaban" movie. This also means the Quidditch cup is gone, and how the hell is Harry going to use the Firebolt, when there would be no cup included? However, few fans created the online petition that wants to save this character (the quidditch captain, if you forgot who we're talking about) or probably they just want to give a job to Biggerstaff, I don't know.

You can sign it here:
petitiononline.com/wood1212/petition.htmlIt's The Wood That Makes It Good

Not that it would matter... I mean they already started filming it with that script, but just in case. Whatever.

NO QUIDDITCH!

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:53 pm

This sucks! f***! f***! f***!

why?! he was one of my favorite characters! ;) :unsure: :P

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:47 pm

Sure! Although he is so bossy! The qudditch captain has to be there!

I wondered if there would be qudditch championship in book 5 and who would take the keeper's position; you know, Oliver Wood graduated. Probably one of the Weasley bros can be the new captain!

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:19 pm

I can't believe they're going to cut him out of the movie, that's going to annoy me a lot. I love the guy who plays him aswell, actually my friend has Sean's phone number!!!! :P
Ok well I'm going to sign it, let's hope it makes some kind of difference. I can stand some of the things they cut out or alter but not Oliver Wood! :no:

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:18 pm

yes, i have a crush too. but not as much as v-man. and pm me his phone number! wooh!

but oliver just HAS to be in the movies, what will happen to quidditch? :( :unsure:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:32 am

I don't know. I love qudditch, it's great action. Will it be any scenes with games? :( I would love to watch a 5 hour movie, just put them in!

Btw, there are only 2 months till book five! Are you getting one? I can't wait. It is going to be even longer and better. I 'm sure.
Do you know some of the spoilers?
The new Gryffindor Keeper is revealed!

mmmbopuk

Postby mmmbopuk » Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:41 pm

Hey everybody!
Havent been on these boards in such a long time! Its great to be back!

I am EXTREMELY annoyed that Wood will not be in the new film! its his last year @ hogwarts - he has 2 be in this film! As hes not going to be in it i doubt that there will be any quidditch references, incl. when harry sees the dementors below him when hes playing quidditch!!

Ive also heard that there may not be a cho chang, the girl harry likes either! the films going to be soooo different from the book!

I also heard that cos Goblet... is such a long book, they may split it + make it two films...what do u guys think of this? do u think its a good idea? nothings been confirmed tho!

Yes, in book five there will be a new gryffindor keeper - i was quite surprised when they said who it was going to be! I wont say who it is, unless u want me to that is!

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:56 pm

I've also heard that they will be splitting the goblet of fire into two films, will be interesting to see how that one works out. ;)

No Cho and no Oliver :no:!?

I can't get the book the first day it comes out :( 'cause I will be at a Buffy convention *ducks* :nerd:... but I'm going to get my friend, who's planning on camping outside the book shop in a tent :rolleyes:, to get it for me :), I can't wait... I'm glad it's going to be even longer than the last. The more the better! :D :yay:

Oh and I don't have Sean's number, my friend thinks I'm some kind of phsyco who will call him up and stalk him all around Glasgow :shrug:, don't know what gave her that imperssion :huh: :P.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:57 am

Hi, Emma! ;)

Yes, the personality of the new Gryffindor keeper was a great surprise for me too! Can't wait that to be introduced.

In book 5, I am most excited to find out what Harry's parens did and why did Voldemort killed them. That should be a key topic!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun May 04, 2003 3:22 am

OotP related news:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030502/nyf015_1.htmlContest for AMERICANS ONLY! to meet J.K. Rowling

:angry: I'm not American! Not fair! But I would have written a good essay... do you think I should try and send one anyway?

Return to “Other Actors”