Could It be true?

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Could It be true?

Postby Helena » Wed Jan 03, 2001 3:33 am

A smile...we need to see more of those...

[link has since expired]

And another one....what a treat....

[link has since expired]

Course what he does best....brood....

[links have since expired]

Bellerz
Ultra Member

Postby Bellerz » Wed Jan 03, 2001 12:00 pm

Aww..Thank You Helena!! I know what you mean...on the rare occurences that Angel does smile...it's beautiful!! Recently though, since Darla came back, he hasn't had a lot to smile about.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Wed Jan 03, 2001 4:17 pm

Dont even start me on her. Just when she was showing signs of a good human damm W&H took it all away. I actually like the character Darla.

Bellerz
Ultra Member

Postby Bellerz » Wed Jan 03, 2001 6:50 pm

oooh...THEN...they had to bring back Dru too?!? Man...Angel's hunnies are both back in town...do I sense some pent up sexual tension...I mean...hey...those to are probably the only ones who he can get it on with...w/o turning all evil again...:)

Oh, yeah...speaking of his curse thing...IF he was rid of it during Buffy...when he got all vampy again...THEN willow restored his soul...I don't get why Angel can't be w/ Buffy anymore...I mean...did Willow use the SAME curse as the gypsy lady? Or did she just give angel his soul back? Cause remember how she found Jenny's files on how to restore Angel's soul? I was just wondering that..

There I go agian...searching for the deeper meaning :)

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Wed Jan 03, 2001 9:34 pm

The purpose of the curse is to make Angel suffer for killing that girl. He was given his soul back but Angelus still lingers around in the cosmic air. If Angel experiences any true happiness he loses his soul.

Bellerz
Ultra Member

Postby Bellerz » Thu Jan 04, 2001 12:08 am

See...I was wondering that...So when Buffy and Angel did the deed....was the curse broken since he became all bad again?

Cause if it was...wouldn't he just be Angel (who's still a vamp but with no more curse)...since Willow gave him back his soul....

I wasn't too clear on this one cause...I wasn't sure whether or not Willow's spell was the SAME spell as the gypsy one...or was it just a spell to give him a soul?!?

I dunno...:o

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Thu Jan 04, 2001 12:56 am

I think the basic idea is the same. Let me check on that though. But I believe its the same idea. Soul with consequences if any happiness.

I enjoy the idea of him with a soul. What is a vampire? How do they have the same memories of the human? To me the vampire is being without a soul. Now that is literal. But what is man without his soul? Without his conscience?

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Thu Jan 04, 2001 2:53 am

http://members.tripod.com/chiefseattle00/new_page_1.htmhttp://members.tripod.com/chiefseattle00/n.../new_page_1.htm

“ The curse. Angel is meant to suffer, not to live as human. One moment of true happiness, of contentment, one moment where the soul that we restored no longer plagues his thoughts, and that soul is taken from him.â€￾

The Elder Woman (on the occasion of the original curse) “Neither dead, nor of the living, I invoke you, spirit of the passing. Return to the body what distinguishes Man from the beast!â€￾

Then again the Elder Woman says:  “...restore this one's soul...

Or when Willow tries the curse for the first time, Giles says:  “What is lost, return.â€￾  The words are repeated in Becoming 2 when the curse is tried the second time and this time we hear Willow say:  “Let this orb be the vessel that will carry his soul to him.â€￾

There are two interesting things about this.  First of all
the reference to the soul the gypsies restored plaguing Angelus’ thoughts.  This  itself strongly suggests that demon and soul retain separate identities.  And this is reinforced by the statement that the soul will “be taken from himâ€￾ again suggesting that it remains something separate that can be removed from the body.

Hope that helps

Bellerz
Ultra Member

Postby Bellerz » Thu Jan 04, 2001 11:13 pm

Helena, Thank you thank you thank you!! That helps muchisimo....I was totally confused...but now, I'm not so. :)

Maeve
Supreme Member

Postby Maeve » Sun Jan 07, 2001 2:50 pm

how old is he?

JustinsGApeach
Supreme Member

Postby JustinsGApeach » Sun Jan 07, 2001 5:41 pm

But I think he looks sexy when he's all serious!

Bellerz
Ultra Member

Postby Bellerz » Sun Jan 07, 2001 7:00 pm

David is like 29 or something...and his character Angel is like 240-ish....:)

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sun Jan 07, 2001 11:49 pm

Full Name : David Patrick Boreanaz
Birth Date : May 16th, 1971
Birth Place : Buffalo, NY
Hair : Brown
Eyes : Brown
Height : 6'1

I can't believe he is only three years older than me. He looks so much older.

Return to “Other Actors”