what to do in evelyns spot

Madoline
Supreme Member

Postby Madoline » Thu May 31, 2001 9:59 am

BEN......Im all about Ben, even thought i have to say, that Josh Hartnett fellow better lay low because he's about to be sky-rocketed into teen dream status. With a major blockbuster like that I wouldnt be suprised if he didnt get the press leo did for Titanic.

Okay, now for those of you who have seen the movie (DONT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVENT) would you pick Rafe or Danny. I mean like after Rafe comes back, what would you do? I think I would have done what she did, stayed with Danny because she was pregnant and all, but Id love o here what everyone else would have done?

And also what you thought about the movie?

For me the coolest part was to see working planes. P-40s, B-17, B-29, Zero's, SWEEEEEEETTT. Im all about that. Im not much for the whole war thing however, I just hate war and war movies period, they make me depressed and angry and everyting. But this movie really made me see, even more so than before, the brutality and uselessness of war. So many people died for nothing. Japan NEVER bombed a dry dock or an oil refinery, we just re-built all the ships. The only thing that was lost was 4000+ people. Thats sad. Very sad. Oh well, over and done with not much we can do now.

Jen

what to do in evelyns spot

Postby Jen » Thu May 31, 2001 10:58 am

I saw it! ~ I thought it was ok. Not the greatest movie but not the worst. It wasn't really what I expected cuz I thought there would be more war and less of the romance part.  War is stupid and kills so many people. Like you said I think the movie made me realize once again how useless war is.  
OOh ooh I just have to add that my favorite part was how rafe and evelyn met-- lol when she gave him the shot in his butt!!! :laugh:
Anyway,  OK Rafe or Danny?
In the end I think I would have done the same thing as her because of the baby and everything but I dont know it was a hard situation. I honestly don't think I would have gotten with my man's best friend after he 'died' you know?

Also I would just like to add that Ben Affleck is just amazing. I love him!  lol but I mean look at him, how could you not love this man? He's got it all looks, charm, talent. . .  :(
us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/touchstone_pictures/pearl_harbor/ben_affleck/pearlharbor3.jpg
us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/touchstone_pictures/pearl_harbor/_group_photos/ben_affleck5.jpg

Madoline
Supreme Member

Postby Madoline » Thu May 31, 2001 11:29 pm

Yes Ben is a hot one....you gotta give him that. But CMON Josh aint bad himself.

Jen

Postby Jen » Mon Jun 04, 2001 8:30 am

Yeah Josh isn't too bad but there's something about him that I don't like.

wazzap007
Abstracts Immortal

Postby wazzap007 » Fri Jun 08, 2001 6:22 pm

i'm all for Josh! Ben bugs me sometimes...but he's still hot! Since i saw pearl harbor i'm like drooling over Josh :(

TCW

Postby TCW » Wed Jun 13, 2001 12:59 pm

Jen...I know what you mean about Josh. I can't figure out what it is, but in any event, I can't fight the tide, and I find myself quickly falling for him.

Still, if I were Evelyn, I would have held out on both of them until Ryan Phillippe or a reasonable look-alike in uniform came along.

Return to “Other Actors”