New Duet With Christina A.?

kiko

Postby kiko » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:24 am

I've just read that Christina Aguilera wants Ricky Martin to make the new duet with her.
Any more details about this news?
Does she wants to make the duet with the song from his spanish CD or an english one?

Hey,everybody,this is my first post and I don't know if this topic has been already posted here or not!

realtime

Postby realtime » Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:50 pm

Hi Kiko! Nice to meet you here. This news is new here. From which cd she wants make a duet? Who knows. :o I don't really like her. :( I hope this is only a bad joke. :lol:

PRBella

Postby PRBella » Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:17 am

say it isn't so!!!!! LOL Actually I believe this is just a rumor and possible wishful thinking on her part...

goldstar99.

Postby goldstar99. » Sat Jan 25, 2003 11:19 am

This is old news. Depending on where you are from, this is old news because Ricky and Christina already did a duet together and he approached her to do the duet, not the other way around. It was for Ricky's song Nobody Wants To Be Lonely from his Sound Loaded album. There has been no news of them reteaming together and doing any other future projects together. The only person Christina has mentioned wanting to work with for he new album is Alicia Keys and she has done so. I am guessing you did read older news because she has already made a Spanish album and it's been released a while ago. Actually what I read is that Christina would like to do a duet with Enrique Iglesias in the future. Enrique and her sang together at the 2000 Super Bowl halftime show and she was smitten by him and wanted to do a future duet but nothing came of it yet.

rinoa

Postby rinoa » Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:05 am

Sorry, but I must to say you are not right. This isn't old news, because the article mentioned Christina's new track Dirty. Read it here:

sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-12232847,00.htmlSky.com news

Personally I hope this is not going to happen because she brought up Ricky's name in a negative way on Z100 radio station from New York. The NWTBL is a great song but I Like SQA better. I don't like Christina. Maybe she has a beautiful voice but she has no personality.

SparkleUK

Postby SparkleUK » Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:58 am

Godstar is just a bitter Enrique who can't handle the fact that Christina prefers Ricky. In fact they have remained friends since NWTBL and on Christina's official website her mother posted something about how Christina is always talking about how sweet Ricky is etc.

rinoa

Postby rinoa » Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:53 pm

What said Christina:

US Weekly - February 3

'Indeed, Aguilera does seem to thrive on controversy, most recently appearing almost in the altogether on the covers of Rolling Stone, Maxim and Blender. But she bristles at what she perceives as a double standard. "Take Ricky Martin," she says, her eyes opening wide. "It's so much easier for a guy to get in a video, pour hot wax down a naked lady, gyrate his hips. In She Bangs, he is in a shower scene that's practically orgylike, with guys and girls groping all over themselves!"

goldstar99.

Postby goldstar99. » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:10 pm

I find it funny that you say I'm the one that is bitter, SparkleUK, when you have posted over 20 comments on Enrique's board dissing him. For one, I wasn't talking to YOU in the first place. For two, I didn't diss Ricky so why are you on my case? For three, I find it funny you haven't posted on this (Ricky's) board for months but the mere mention of Enrique on here and you immediatly post. I think your obsession(or jealousy) of Enrique's popularity is bigger than your admiration for Ricky. You should spend more time being a true Ricky fan by supporting him instead of a pathetic bitter Enrique hater. Get over it and realise that the world is big enough for the both of them. Other Ricky fans, take notice of SparkleUK's behavior. Check out how many posts she has posted on Enrique's board compared to the posts on this board and you tell me who is the one that is bitter? I think it's rude of her to constantly come on Enrique's board and diss him and his fans and then have the nerve to call me bitter when I comment on here. You Ricky fans will probably take her side but quite honestly you can't say her behaviour has been normal and she is respectful for others likes and oppinions.

And rinoa, I apologise. I didn't realise there was new news about Christina talking about teaming up with Ricky again until you posted the article. I thought kiko was talking about when they paired up the first time. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

Now getting on to the subject of Christina. SparkleUK, Christina did in fact have a crush on Enrique. She has said it in numerous interviews that she thinks he's gorgeous and talented. When they sang together in the VH1 special 'Men Strike Back' in 2000 they went to an after party and Christina was at Enrique's table and all over him. Unless you've lived in a bubble, you've had to have heard about that because it was all over the tabliods. They were seen leaving the after party within minutes of each other. Then it was said Enrique got fed up with her constant calling on his cell phone and fled from her advances.

And as I said before, Ricky sought Christina out, not the other way around and as Rinoa said Christina has dissed Ricky on not one but a couple of occasions. I know this, because I have heard the interviews myself. She's so two faced, she dissed Ricky but then wants to work with him again because they were good as a duet before and they have the same Pop/dance music style. I heard she also wanted to sing with Justin Timberlake. She is supposedly going to be touring with him. It's funny she goes after the guys that Britney Spears callaberates with. In the article it says Britney wants to work with Ricky in the future. Its obvious Christina is competing with Britney. I wouldn't be surprised the reason she wants to sing with Ricky again is mainly because she heard Britney wanted to work with him.

Now my oppinion is that Ricky should stay far away from Christina. She might have a good voice but she tarnished her image. I hate to be blunt but she looks like a slut, acts like a slut and quite honestly IS a slut. When Ricky comes back, does he really want to be associated with her? He can do better. I would rather see him sing with more classier ladies like Jennifer Lopez, Shakira, Michelle Branch or another duet with Madonna would be cool. What do you all think? Who do you think Ricky should team up with?

Return to “Ricky Martin”