Ricky Stirs Up Buenos Aires!

rinoa

Postby rinoa » Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:44 pm

Ricky Stirs Up Buenos Aires!

ESCENARIO/Sebastián Márquez Vélez

By: Yolanda Rosaly
ESCENARIO

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina — Ricky left yesterday towards Brazil where he will do his second music video from his new cd, "Almas del silencio". Now it is the turn of "Jaleo", after having concluded the filming for the song "Tal vez" which only ESCENARIO and MTV had full and exclusive access.

But, it is proper to remember something that happened upon his arrival to Buenos Aires. Outside the hotel where he was staying, a hundred fans were waiting for him, even though his stay here was supposed to be "a secret", they knew of the arrival of their idol. Without caring that they were being soaked from head to foot, they stayed in front of the entrance with the hope of seeing him even if only for one second. And Ricky did please them.

The boricua idol, who - as in so many places- in Argentina creates a commotion in is passing, asked that they be organized into groups of 15 and be taken into a salón of the hotel to be able to greet them and give them his thanks for their fidelity.

It has been some five years that Ricky Martin had not stepped in this country and, after the release of his first single "Tal vez", from his new cd, "Almas del silencio", has become number one on the request lists.

On his way to the meeting, Ricky commented to ESCENARIO that, upon arriving at the hotel he saw them looking like "little wet chickens" and that has great valor; and that has to be appreciated.

"Hello! How good that you are here!", he said powerfully and great enthusiasm upon entering the salón. The faces of the girls (which ranges from five years old to even some over 30) were indescribable… They looked like they had lost their breath; they didn't blink and smiled as one would at the happiest moment of your life.

Some already knew him as they belonged to his "fan club" in this country called "Me amarás". The young women were seated, forming a half circle. Ricky greeted them one by one, receiving their immense affection and admiration. Some gave him gifts and others showed him flags Puerto Rico with special messages.

Afterwards, they had the opportunity to be photographed, also one by one, with their idol. In the background could be heard the song "Tal vez" and "Besos de fuego", another of the songs that can be found on his new cd which will be on the market on May 20th.

Emotional Appreciation

A special moment took place when Mrs. Susana Roldán, present in the salón together with the fans, approached Ricky. The artist recognized her immediately; and gave her his condolences and hugged her.

The daughter of Susana, María Paula, died four months ago. She was a fan of Ricky who he would always see when he came to this city. Also, he maintained telephone contact with her.

"She was sick, in a wheelchair. Ricky always received her and was aware of how she was doing. I will never have any way to show my appreciation. He is a special human being", Susana told us with damp eyes.

In fact, María Paula was a member of the "fan club" and some of her friends painted a piece of white fabric that said: "I will always take you inside me until death and if I go to heaven, an angel will take me to your arms and there I will be able to feel happy of having had you with me". :angel: :wub: :smlove:

DarkSyne
Advanced Member

Postby DarkSyne » Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:49 pm

Yeah, he was here a few days ago filming his new video. He did it in a neighborhood named La Boca.

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:13 am

:( :( :( Am I the last person on earth who yet has to go to lovely Argentina?!! :(

DarkSyne
Advanced Member

Postby DarkSyne » Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:20 am

lol, laura!:yell:

realtime

Postby realtime » Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:24 am

:D :D :D :D :D

Juramento

Postby Juramento » Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:21 pm

Just go on Ricky! We are with you. :D

Return to “Ricky Martin”