Ricky Martin Clones Invade The Desert

rinoa

Postby rinoa » Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:15 pm

"Ricky Martin" clones invade the desert

By: Mariam M. Echevarría Báez
Special for ESCENARIO

Captivated by the passion and delirium, the Puerto Rican star Ricky Martin walks by the Californian desert singing to a woman that provokes his obsession, while around appear hundreds of human alikes of the singer, while singing "así es que te quiero yo, a ver quien te quiere más".

And it seems to be the idea that presents the new video of the singer, Juramento; a Ricky Martin daring to show his love with the intensity of 100 men. To do this filmic project, with a million dollars budget, there were moved to the desert over 200 persons, between extras and production staff, who filmed for 2 days from 5:00am until the sunset, to be able to obtain a visual product, totally different to what the singer has presented before.

"Juramento" is a very uptempo track written by Danny López, George Noriega and Jon Secada. It'll be the third promotional single of Martin's latest CD, "Almas del silencio", which marks his return to Spanish-language music after 5 years. It's expected that the track along with the video will be premiered in September in Europe.

ESCENARIO knew that it's still on talks which one will be the third single that the singer will launch in USA, Puerto Rico and Latin America, which might be "Y todo queda en nada", by Stephano or "Asignatura pendiente" by Ricardo Arjona. Both tracks are the most powerful ballads of the CD, after "Tal vez", by Franco de Vita, which was the official anthem of his return to the Spanish-language market.

The video, directed by Joseph Kahn, the same director that worked along with U2, Aerosmith, Destiny Child, Eminem and George Michael, will show special effects alike to the movie "The Matrix" and will show a sephia tone.

A hundred extras, dressed alike to Martin, with a beige shirt from Armani, jeans from D'Square, and boots, were wearing chromed masks, which will allow to insert the singer's face in the edition phase, achieving the effect of hundreds of Ricky Martins invading the desert, looking for the ideal woman, characterized by the American model Jenna Dewan.

In Australia and Asia with Rebecca

Jaime King, artistic director from Martin's LLVL Tour was also present in the shooting, explained Nanette Lamboy, from Angelo Medina Enterprises.

After concluding the video shooting, which will be completed in postproduction, due to the great amount of special effects that will show, the singer travelled to Australia along with Rebecca de Alba, who was pleasing him during the breaks of the shooting.

De Alba would travel with Ricky to Asia, and then the singer would continue his promotional tour in China, Singapore, Thailand, Europe and Romania, before returning to USA.

He might sing in Latin Grammys

Beside this, ESCENARIO knew that the singer might assist to the 4th Annual Latin Grammy Awards, due on Wednesday, September 3rd in the American Airlines Arena in Miami.

Ricky might also interpret a song in the awards, dedicated to 'Queen of Salsa', Celia Cruz. The singer is nominated for a Latin Grammy in the category of Best Song, with his song "Tal vez", written by Franco de Vita.

We should state that the Puerto Rican star was one of the main attractions in the 1st Annual Latin Grammy Awards. In that ceremony, he shared stage with Gloria Estefan and Celia Cruz.

Juramento

Postby Juramento » Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:01 pm

WOW I can't wait to see the video. :D

Mrs. Ricky Martin

Postby Mrs. Ricky Martin » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:05 pm

Ooohhh I can't wait to see this vid. They've already started playing it on MTV Europe. :D

Juramento

Postby Juramento » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:21 pm

It's on MTV Italy only. MTV Europe didn't play yet. :( But I hope they will play soon.

Mrs. Ricky Martin

Postby Mrs. Ricky Martin » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:34 pm

I haven't seen it either - yet. But I really hope that they start playing it soon. What a hot vid!!

rinoa

Postby rinoa » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:51 pm

Oh yeah, it's very hot indeed. I didn't see yet but I love the song very much.

Return to “Ricky Martin”