I Love Him To Death!

rinoa

Postby rinoa » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:33 am

Rebeca Breaks the Silence and Undresses Her Soul

I love him to death!, she says of Ricky, with whom she has had a relationship of many years. And she clears up the big question: “I don’t care what they say about his sexuality.â€￾

They were seen together for Ricky’s birthday in Puerto Rico. Later, Rebeca arrived in Paris, to join the singer at the Plaza Athenea hotel. Later, they were visiting Milan, but the bomb exploded in Norway when Ricky Martin confessed: “Yes, I have a girlfriendâ€￾, on the show VG Nett. “We’ve known each other for 14 years, and she is the woman who I would like to marryâ€￾, And then, Troy burned!

A Crazy Love
The world press got excited to see the ‘sould in silence’ start speaking of his great love, because also Rebeca de Alba declared: “I love him to death.â€￾

The 38 year old statuesque blonde, who has beome the envy of thousand of women in the world, added: “It is not true that we are planning to get married, that I have an engagement ring or that I’m expecting a babyâ€￾. And regarding the sexual orientation of Martin, which has questions so much, she declares: “I am not affected by comments regarding Ricky’s sexuality. Its something that I couldn’t care less about. I don’t think he has to prove anything to anyone, besides to himself, about the how much of a man he isâ€￾, expressed the presenter. “We tell each other everything, absolutely everything. Noone can come tell me anything about Ricky, because he has already told me everything,â€￾, she said in a firm voice. And in an exclusive interview for Crisitina, The Magazine, she told us many other intimacies about herself and her relationship with the singer:

"I believe that communication is an enormous door to sincerity, to know the essence of another person, to not tell lies, to give yourself the opportunity to discover always new things of the other person. But that is why to me, Ricky is transparent and there are never ever misunderstandings, nor rumors that would affect us.â€￾

When he is touring around the world, how do you maintain that communication?
“Well sometimes we tour the world together, and when we have separate work, we communicate with whatever we have on hand. We are very consistent. We have something that we are both interested in and we want to take care of it. That communication has been a lifeguard for our relationship, our communication, we would have been victims of this and our relationship would have become fragile. On the contrary, the more we are attacked, the stronger we become. We have surpassed so many things, that we have become immune to everything. Outrageous things have been said, such as that we are together because of a contract. HELLO! As if we needed it. I think the yellow journalism phenomena is alive there are people who like to be followed and want their things brought to light. But Rebeca de Alba has been known because she works in television as a professional, not due to scandals. I know who I am, I know my values and where I stand.â€￾

They Have Been In Love for 14 Years

How did you meet?
“14 years ago Ricky came to Mexico on vacation, and I was introduced to him, by friends. Afterwards he was offered work, and he stayed to live here for a period of time. That was when our friendship became close.â€￾

That friendship became one of the most long lasting and secret romances of among the world of celebrities. Those that found out about it never thought that it was that intense, because at that time Ricky was so young that, with his long hair, he stirred up the young girls by singing SUBETE A MI MOTO (Climb On My Motorcycle), while Rebeca De Alba was a statuesque blond that carried the titles of Miss Zacatecas, Second Place runner up for Miss Mexico and Miss Dorian Gray. Also, she was a popular presenter for Televisa, famous for her chic elegance and for having the most beautiful legs in Mexico. Even so, the romance was going full speed ahead until Ricky started receiving offers from all over the continent. So they were distanced from each other, but never ever did they separate and the communication between friends continued thoughout the years.

Later on Rebeca resigned as the hostess of the show El Nuevo Dia, because they were going to give her an interview program, but in the meantime she went to the Soccer World Cup. There while Ricky sang The Cup of Life, Rebeca reported, live from France, the most relevant artistic and cultural aspects within the framework of the World Cup.
“Upon the death of Mr. Emilio Azcarraga, Televisa was restructured and my show was stalledâ€￾, recounts De Alba. “I decided to stay in France, to perfect my French, and to be able to give myself some little side trips to Spain. There doors opened for me in an incredible way. Also, I was able to give myself the luxury of saying no to alot of things. I didn’t want to be a female decoration, and the bottom line is that life has compensated me. I have not had a consistent TV program, but I have done things that I like and that brought me something. In this career, you have to learn to say no, because you are offered things that later you are embarrassed to say you did.â€￾

In one word, instead of a good curriculum, some have achieved something ridiculous, right?
“That is how it is, because prestige and respect go hand in hand,â€￾ affirms De Alba, who in Spain went to live at the house of the Bose family. “I was like another daughter for Lucia, the mother of Miguel. With them I was with family and I didn’t have to live in a hotel, which is so impersonal. Miguel is one of my dearest friends, he says he is my father, but I tell him he is too young for that, and I prefer that he be my brotherâ€￾.
Are you bothered when asked if Miguel is your boyfriend?

“I am bothered by bad information from the yellow journalists. For example: they have been asking me for 15 years if I am Bose’s girlfriend…and I have been answering for the same number of years that we are like family and total accomplices.â€￾
While Rebeca hosted with Bose the show Septimo De Caballeria (7th Calvalry), Ricky started to triumph at a world wide level and they again parted paths two more times. “I remember the night of the Grammys, I was there with him. It was the time before were were together as a couple. That night, I told myself, at this moment life will change, because that standing ovation he was given by the celebrities of Hollywood, including Madonna, was fabulous! They had discovered him and now it was not going to stop. He was a world wide idol and only the United States was left.â€￾

That is how they separated for a third time, and while Ricky made the entire world shake their bon bon, Rebeca continued doing special programs, where she distinguished herself in being one of the best communicators in large international events, such as the Festival OTI, The Festival of Vina del Mar, and the Olympics in Atlanta. In 1997 she hosted the broadcast of the funeral of Lady Di, in the year 2000, BBC in London contracted her to host Miss World, and in 2002, she hosted the special of the 50th Anniversary of the Reign of Queen Elizabeth II, which she did live from Buckingham Palace, in England.

“We Are Not a Sweaty Palms Coupleâ€￾

According to Rebeca, Ricky Martin is an exceptional man; say what they may regarding his sexuality.

He is an honest person, transparent, that doesn’t lie. Honesty is very difficult to find in this business. Fidelity is something vital. I respect him immensely. For his values, which are very well formed and strong. He is a good son, good brother, good friend. I have seen him throughout 14 years and he has not changed. Ricky is honest with himself and from there comes all that he projects. First was born respect, later admiration and from there love was born. I cannot fall in love with someone I do not respect and admire.â€￾

Is it true that you two were at the brink of marriage, but someone at Sony, for marketing reasons, impeded it?
“The truth is that Ricky and I have never sat down to talk about a wedding, of signing a paper or having a ceremony. The rumor that we were preparing a wedding and had a ring arrived here. But I don’t even know if I want to get married. It looks like a lot of paperwork to me. I don’t know if the title from the Catholic Church is what will fulfill us. We live intensely and day to day. . ..And we will see what happens. This is a fourth attempt, another possibility, where a Rebeca and a Ricky meet that are more clear in what they want meet, but we don’t put a title on things. That of being a girlfriend is a girlish school thing. Ricky Martin is my love, my companion, my friend, my accomplice…but my sweaty hand boyfriend, no.â€￾

Twin Souls

They are twin souls that have many things in common. For example, they want to be parents. Ricky Martin has said “I want to be a father. Always have a young spirit, that is my goal.“

When we asked Rebeca how she sees herself in five years, she told us, “I am a woman that lives the present, but I imagine myself in five years with my three childrenâ€￾, While the photographs were being taken for the magazine, she said she’d like the first one to be a boy. “In the future I would like to have my family, my children, but that time of my life would not have been possible before because of the demands of work. Now I have changed my lifestyle to allow for more time to have for a personal lifeâ€￾.

Also this couple makes time for social causes. The Ricky Martin Foundation currently attends to 136 children that have been victims of rape and child prostitution.

“For me this will be my priority in my life. It is one of the major wars that we will deal with in the next few years,’ assured the idol.

On her part, Rebeca is the spokesperson for the Avon Crusade against breast cancer. “I accepted because this company has a social program that goes beyond the cosmetics. It is one of the oldest companies that exists and the first to give women jobs. Apart from that, I am involved in 15 charity organizations, from AIDS, Children with Cancer, to abused womenâ€￾.

She defines herself with the same adjectives with which she defines her partner. “I am a woman of a strong character, of solidarity, loyal, that makes her own decisions, incapable of treason and pretty simple. The two of us are fascinated by nature, riding bicycles and all water sports. We like scuba diving, because the sea is our escape and our peace.â€￾, and tells us that her favorite albums are of the sounds of whales and dolphins. “To sleep I listen to the album Angels of the Ocean. There are 3000 different sounds made by dolphinsâ€￾, says Rebeca, who at one time worked at the Delfinario de DF (The Dolphin Aquarium of the Federal District of Mexico) with handicapped children, autistic children and pregnant women.

And this brings us to another area in common with Ricky: spirituality. He practices yoga, Buddhism, philanthropy and reading to polish his spirit…And after this interview, both departed for India on a voyage of meditation. Will they get married over there in some ritual that doesn’t require so much paperwork but has a lot of spiritual content? As Ricky’s current hit says: TAL VEZ (Perhaps)…

rinoa

Postby rinoa » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:46 pm

Wish the best.

Juramento

Postby Juramento » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:30 pm

Very interesting. She is a very lucky girl.

Juramento

Postby Juramento » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:06 am

I saw them together on Latin Grammy. Very nice couple. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mrs. Ricky Martin

Postby Mrs. Ricky Martin » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:41 pm

Juramento...were u at the Latin Grammys??? LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!! :D

Juramento

Postby Juramento » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:18 pm

Oh no MrsRM! I wasn't there. I just saw the pics of them together and some video when they arrived. Sorry if I was ambiguous. BTW love your name. :D

Mrs. Ricky Martin

Postby Mrs. Ricky Martin » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:32 pm

Oh but wouldn't you have fun if you'd been there? :) I still haven't seen the Latin Grammys (only on the internet) I sure hope that he wins all awards for AdS next year...he surely deserves each one of them. :D

lol thanx...I like ur name too...love that song! :P

Juramento

Postby Juramento » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:48 am

Oh but wouldn't you have fun if you'd been there?

Oh yes, definitely.

good2luv

Postby good2luv » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:55 am

Oh! This is so very beautiful and touching, may you be blessed always...

Return to “Ricky Martin”