A Reasonable War Of Ricky Martin

rinoa

Postby rinoa » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:27 am

A reasonable war of Ricky Martin in behalf of the childhood

THIS TIME it was a different dimension. The figure of Ricky Martin, with a sober tie and suit, was contrasting with the image we were used to.

THIS TIME we weren't either there to listen him talking about his latest CD or an upcoming concert or the hit song that we listen in the radio and his fans are singing to.

THIS TIME was another atmosphere, of fighting a silent storm that made our skin hairs to stand on end. Ricky Martin was talking now of the savage sexual exploitation of the childhood, from the barbarism that hundreds of thousands -millions- of boys and girls in this planet are suffering on a daily basis.

AND THAT the most shining Puerto Rican star of the singing world has decided to make public this atrocity, to propel with the strength of his voice, with his image, with his economic support, a campaign of such a nature is something that deserves him a
standing ovation.

A DELIRIOUS applause. Not because other artists haven't help to the common welfare. We know from some of them that actually do it, like Danny Rivera, and that barely comes to the public eye because they have preferred it on that way.

IS NOT ABOUT, to clarify it, of not crediting some people, but to recognize the courage that Ricky Martin has at this moment, when he could be concentrating on adding money to his savings account in the bank, in such a titanic effort as leading an international level campaign of this magnitude under the symbol of People for Children.

"THE CHILD trafficking is an industry moving around $7 billion annually. Because of the illegal nature of this industry, it's very difficult to find exact statistics that help us to identify clearly the location or magnitude of the problem" said a solemn Ricky Martin from a corner of the stage of the theater in the Arts Museum of Puerto Rico. "But the shared data of agencies and organizations dedicated to fight this vile epidemic, confirm us that the slavery and exploitation of humans to satisfy the dirtiest sexual activities, is the most impacting crime of our time".

A CATALOG of denunciations, such as the child trafficking, taking advantage of the extreme poverty to convince the fathers and mothers to sell their children, the kidnapping, the collaboration of the authorities in this depicable business and the systematic sexual exploitation of boys and girls, was exposed by the singer with the belief that, since he enjoys a worldwide recognition, he can make a lot to help to get rid of this evil that destroys defenseless lives in an unstoppable cycle.

RICKY MARTIN is concerned about many other evils that are attacking the world, things we've been forced to lived with as natural situations, like the traffic of arms, or drug trafficking, but the child trafficking has a particularity that he focuses on. "The children are recycled", he says. "There are children that talk about their nightmares. They talk about how they are being forced to have sex with 50 different persons in a single day".

A REAL monstruosity that we cannot, in no way, to stay quiet about since we're talking about vulnerable children, which their lives are being destroyed as they barely begin, taking advantage in most of the cases of the miserable enviroment that they grow in when they are born and the supreme ignorance of their parents, when they are present.

AS THE singing megastar exposed, unfortunately, Puerto Rico is also suffering from this human misery, as well as many other nations close to us, such as Dominican Republic, and we can also talk about the own United States.

BECAUSE OF THIS, Ricky Martin has decided to launch a global campaign -in Spanish, English and Portuguese in the radio, the TV and the newspapers- to cover all the Americas, from United States and Canada until the smaller countries, going through the huge Brazil, to then establish a bridge to Europe, Africa and Asia, continents that are not exent of this serious social problem.

"THIS IS a war", stated the singer in his speech, "and I want to be the general of this war".

WE DON'T DOUBT that he will reach that rank and that he will be dressing in the general's uniform as a protector shield of the childhood in the world, which is being forgotten while thousands of millions of dollars are being used in "preventive wars" to keep the expropiation of the countries.

MrsEJMM

Postby MrsEJMM » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:59 am

This is a wonderful article. Where was it published?

rinoa

Postby rinoa » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:49 am

Sorry, I don't know. I found this on TSARM but no one said where was it published. I think it's from a Puerto Rican newspaper because originally it was in Spanish.

MrsEJMM

Postby MrsEJMM » Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:23 am

Thanks, Rinoa!

If I ever become famous, I want you as my publicity manager!! ;)

What you have done here for Ricky is amazing! :D :rolleyes:

rinoa

Postby rinoa » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:07 am

Thank you. You know how much I love and respect him. :wub: It's amazing what he is trying to do to save and protect those innocent children. I think he deserved everyone's respect and help. So I tried to do my best to help him. :crossfingers:

Juramento

Postby Juramento » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:17 pm

It's amazing what he is trying to do to save and protect those innocent children. I think he deserved everyone's respect and help.

I have to agree with you on this one.

Return to “Ricky Martin”