zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:18 pm

Pharrell Warns That N.E.R.D. Will Damage Your Gear
09.17.2003 8:55 PM EDT

Pharrell Williams
Photo: MTV News
"The only choice you really have in life is to fly or die." — Pharrell Williams

JERSEY CITY, New Jersey — You can't blame a guy for trying.

Everybody is always talking about how much clout Pharrell Williams has, so he wanted to see if he really had the juice by sneaking in a few dirty words while the TV cameras were rolling.

"The new N.E.R.D. album is called Fly or Die and it's pretty f---ing sick is what it is," he said on the set of the video for "Show Me Your Soul" last week (see "P. Diddy, Pharrell, Lenny Get Down And 'Dirty Like Aguilera' For Video"), displaying his trademark straight-faced humor. "Its pretty f---ing sick. When you hear this sh--, you're gonna bug the f--- out. Like, 'God, this sh-- is smoking!

"Are they gonna bleep all that out?" he asked with a grin before getting serious and continuing to describe his group's new album. "[The album] is pretty fire. Put it in your CD deck and it's gonna burn your car radio, burn your boom box. Don’t even break the iPods out."

Pharrell said he's picked out the first single for the March release and has a list of guests who will appear on the project, but he refused to disclose any more details than that. He did, however, explain the meaning of the album's title.

"Fly or Die is the only choice an eagle's egg hatching in midair that fell out of its mother's nest would have," he said. "The only choice you really have in life is to fly or die. I felt [the title] for so many reasons. That’s where the world was [when we named it]. We're either gonna fly together or die together. For me, in my relentless pursuit of love, it's either fly or die; be optimistic or wither away into nothing. That should be everybody's motto in life. Go for it. If you don’t go for it, you're gonna lose it."

Listening to the singing producer describe the Neptunes' new movie, it's clear he's in no danger of ever losing his sense of humor. Williams and his partner, Chad Hugo, have a comedy going straight to video called "Dude ... We're Going to Rio" (see "Pharrell Goes In Search Of A Beautiful Girl, Adds Stars To Clones").

"It's unscripted, un-everything," Pharrell explained. "It's a walk into our funny, hilarious, ridiculous, stupid, retarded, mindless, insane lives. It's a very candid, sincere perception of us. It's just something for Neptunes fans to go out and buy and see us be stupid. It’s really improvisational."

"Dude …" hits stores on December 9 and the Neptunes are also planning another film. This one is unscripted as well, and will follow the making of their Fly or Die LP and be released in theaters.

Besides supplying beats for Jay-Z's Black Album and possibly Lenny Kravitz's new LP, Pharrell has been focusing on the acts from his Star Trak label. Kelis already has her first single, "Milkshake," on the airwaves; her album is due November 11. The Clipse have a new record called "Pu---" on the mixtapes and their full-length project will drop December 16.

For a feature interview with Pharrell, check out "Pharrell Williams: Trak Star."

--------------
cant wait for the NERD cd
I have to dl kelis's song! hehe

but I still havent bought the clones cd :ph34r: cuz I have to pay my parents a whole lot of money for my ticket + my concert tix <_<

im glad hes producin the black album
I cant wait for that album
sux that its gonna be his last tho :(
he better make it damn GOOD hehe
and I hope he tours!

Bubble_Yum
Supreme Member

Postby Bubble_Yum » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:32 pm

:yay: I'm excited!

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:47 am

:yay: YAY! I can't wait to hear it!! I love their music!!

Return to “Sisqo”