Any Yall Heard Of This Before?

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Thu May 27, 2004 7:31 pm

i was lookin on JJB

and this was a q?

Christians, I have a question
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I started going to my one friends church and I went to my first service last night. She's Christian. They were worshiping and then next thing I know, everyone started speaking in tongue praying. I guess my question is, is it normal for that to happen in a Christian church. I grew up going to a Catholic church and I've never been exposed to it

this was a response:

I think it's mostly just Penecostal churches. I could be wrong, but it's not happened at any of the Baptist and/or Methodist services I've been to

and this:

speaking in tongues is:
As my friend put it, its like a bunch of languages put together. Its something that you have to learn. Basically its your prayers and communication with God so that the Devil cant hear what you're saying and understand it.

what the f***!!? :blink:

ive never heard of this in my life
and its really weird!!

and alot of people seem to know what it is too

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Fri May 28, 2004 8:03 am

I've never heard of it. :blink: It sounds kinda creepy and cultish. :lol: Weird, never knew it existed. :huh:

All I could think of when I read 'speaking in tounges' was how in harry potter, harry can speak parselmouth. :lol:

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Fri May 28, 2004 9:39 am

zo, i have heard of it- and yeah i think its strange personally but one of my friends goes to a church like that and basically what he said they mean by speaking in tongues is that they just get into the praying so much that they are praying so fast that it comes out in a mumble and it sounds like jibberish. i still think it sounds a little cracked out but whatever, different strokes for DIFFERENT folks.

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Fri May 28, 2004 10:58 am

All I could think of when I read 'speaking in tounges' was how in harry potter, harry can speak parselmouth

:lol: me too claire im like umm what?

different strokes for DIFFERENT folks.

yea i guess cuz that is weird to me :shrug:

id never heard of it tho but alot of people have it seemed here.

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Fri May 28, 2004 3:13 pm

yeah i think those people that do that kind of stuff are "special"

Return to “Sisqo”