Tupac Movie

CutieClare19
Advanced Member

Postby CutieClare19 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:56 pm

<span style='color:purple'> Anyone else hear about the Tupac movie coming out? And the soundtrack coming out wit it? </span>

princessluvsjrt
Supreme Member

Postby princessluvsjrt » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:09 pm

yea i heard that. i saw the commerical for it on MTV.

wazzap007
Abstracts Immortal

Postby wazzap007 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:21 pm

Yup! Its called Resurection and the soundtrack features the WHOLE Aftermath family for some reason!
I thought Pac had beef with Dre

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:36 pm

I dunno :shrug:

did he now?

I hate all the beef stuff

but yeah I watched the whole special on MTV2 or whatever and i was impressed by em's verse
bc i dunno I used to be a fan w his first 2 albums
then he started annoying me how many people can u diss? but i was really impressed w the song

but i didnt agree w the 50 cent comparing to 2pac
i mean 50s good and all but like they said
pac was socially conscious
50 isnt really :shrug:

i miss pac, i wish we had a major rapper out there that spoke out about the things that r happening nowadays
we need someone like that

and the biggie pac song sounds really good too

im curious about the movie tho
is it just like a documentary or what?

I didnt get that very well

cuddly_angel84

Postby cuddly_angel84 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:00 pm

Yeah, Resurrection is basically a documentary featuring tupac's life in "his own words". It is completely narrated by Tupac himself, so it's obviously a whole bunch of recordings and videos of him before he died. There are a variety of interviews, journal readings, poetry performances, private home movies, and never-before-seen concert footage in the movie.

Being a documentary, it's rated by critics as being very "bland". But it's supposed to give viewers an up close and personal look at Tupac's life, and it's supposedly very appealing whether you are a 2pac fan or even a hater. It gives you a look at what rap music was back then, and how pac influenced it. And since it's all in his words, it's completely accurate.
It's been produced partially by Eminem, that's why the soundtrack probably features the entire Aftermath crew.

I dont know bout other places, but it just came out here in Toronto, and I was supposed to go see it but I wasn't able to. I heard its not all that good though, and from what i've heard it kind of influences you into thinking that Tupac might still be alive. I mean all this footage coming out after so many years doesn't really make sense to a lot of people. and how come they aren't doing this with biggie, and all the other artists that have passed? Maybe it was just that Tupac was one of the biggest cultural icons and probably THE most influential man in the Rap industry...but who knows. I wonder if they'll be making movies about Jam Master Jay ten years from now :huh:

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:54 pm

Maybe it was just that Tupac was one of the biggest cultural icons and probably THE most influential man in the Rap industry...but who knows

I think thats it

pac had tons of material and he had again socially conscious songs
like keep ya head up

i think that makes him different he had a bigger impact

while JMJ doesnt have that big of one,internationally atleast
altho i do respect him equally

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:10 pm

A friend of mine went to go see it, & didn't like it. But then again she didn't know it was a documentary, & those tend to be boring.

Clarebear024

Postby Clarebear024 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:04 pm

I know this is a very old topic, but I'm going throw in my two cents in anyways, haha. I liked this movie then again I am a huge Tupac fan. I have the dvd and it has tons of bonus stuff and hidden bonus stuff. I don't know I thought it was pretty cool. And on the soundtrack I thought the biggie & pac song was also pretty sweet.

Return to “Tupac Shakur”