*N Sy

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Mon Jan 08, 2001 8:35 am

Next Single
With a tour, holiday specials and award show appearance behind them, 'N Sync will use January not to recuperate but to get to work on their fourth album. Though the band plans to write and produce more of their own material, they will enlist No Strings Attached contributors! Richard Marx, who penned 'This I Promise You' and She'kspere, who produced 'It Makes Me Ill.'

No word yet on when the next album will be released, but fans can expect one more single from No Strings Attached and, of course, a video. While the single has not been chosen, it will most likely be out in January. Also reaching airwaves in 2001 is Justin Timberlake's contribution to Brian McKnight's as-yet-untitled album, expected to be released in the spring.

Charts
N Sync is on top of the December 16, 2000 Billboard Most Popular Video Chart for Live At Madison Square Garden, and at number 7 with This I Promise You for Most Popular Recording.

N Sync To Hit Studio In January
NSYNC will head into a Florida studio in January to begin experimenting with new music for their fourth album, the group said Tuesday. 'We're going to spend January and February in there and see what we can come up with,' member Justin Timberlake said on the red carpet at the Billboard Music Awards. Read http://mtv.com/sendme.tin?page=/news/headlines/001207/story3.htmlhttp://mtv.com/sendme.tin?page=/news/headl...207/story3.html

9x Platinum
No Strings Attached was certified 9x Platinum in the United States by The Recording Industry Association of America. That's 9 million copies of their album sold since it's release on March 21st, 2000. N Sync's debut self-titled album has been certified Diamond (10 million copies) so far since it's release on March 24th, 1998.

Justin and Gun Control
Justin is campaigning to get sensible gun-control laws passed. In the magazine, Marie Claire, Justin says, 'When the constitution was drafted, AK-47s didn't exist. Now, at the very least, people should support safety locks for guns.'

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Thu Jan 11, 2001 9:01 am

'N Sync Wins At AMAs and People's Choice
'N Sync brought home several new awards this week at the People's Choice Awards and the American Music Awards. At the People's Choice Awards (January 7), 'N Sync took home honors for Musical Group or Band, and at the American Music Awards (January 8), they received the Internet Artist of the Year as voted on in an Internet Poll. Congrats, guys!

'N Sync Nominated for Three Grammys
On January 3, Grammy nominations were announced. 'N Sync received three nonitations: Record of the Year (Bye Bye Bye), Best Pop Vocal Album (No Strings Attached) and Best Pop Performance by a duo or group with vocal. The Grammys will air on CBS on february 21, 2001.

NSYNC's New Album Due In May January 6th, 2001 according to Launch
*NSYNC is in the studio this month recording the follow-up to its diamond-certified 2000 album No Strings Attached. The new set is scheduled for release in May. 'N Sync singer J.C. Chasez told LAUNCH that the group will begin a tour in support of the album shortly after its release. Chasez explained: 'We're starting to work on the next record now. [In] January [or] February we're beginning it. It's a whole new year and it's a whole new millennium, so we're going to start from the beginning and we're going to just do it all over again. We're going to start with the record -- the music comes first. We're not going to do anything else until we get it right, and then once the record's done, we'll hit the road again .' Chasez noted that several tracks 'N Sync is considering for the album are already completed. 'I've already heard some of the stuff, so I know it's good,' he said. 'This new record is going to be pretty hot. The last record was full of energy, and I think some of the energy is going to carry over into this next record. There's going to be a lot of energy in it, but I think it's going to be stylized now. We're experimenting a bit with some different sounds now.' Chasez added that it's likely that groupmates Justin Timberlake, Joey Fatone, Chris Kirkpatrick, and Lance Bass will all have production and/or songwriting credits on the new album. 'Everybody is going to get more involved. We've had the experience of the last album, and then we're going to take that and put it into the next record, and hopefully, like I said, do it again.'

The quintet doesn't feel any pressure to match the single-week sales record of 2.4 million they set with No Strings Attached, according to Chasez. 'You can't do that every time. Nobody can,' he noted. 'We're glad that we had a great year this year, and the next important thing for us is another great record itself. Musically, we have to be satisfied with the record now.'

Last week, 'N Sync received three Grammy nominations for the record-breaking No Strings Attached: best pop vocal album as well as record of the year and best pop performance by a duo or group with vocal for the hit single 'Bye Bye Bye.'

***MSN Chat with Justin Timberlake***
Justin Timberlake will be chatting on MSN.com on January 22 at 9 pm EST.

'N Sync Nominated in TV Guide Awards
'N Sync is nominated for Best Music Special of the Year in the TV Guide Awards for 'N Sync Live at MSG and also the 'NTIMATE Special on FOX. The TV Guide Awards will air March 7 on FOX!

For more info visted nsyncfan.org/http://www.nsyncfan.org/

JustinsMusicBizGal
Supreme Member

Postby JustinsMusicBizGal » Thu Jan 11, 2001 7:24 pm

thanks for all of the information Crave! :0=)

Return to “NSYNC”