Slut Soundtracks...

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:58 pm

Well, besides Mayer I mean. :lol: See, Nay brought us John... I brought you all Mraz to a lesser extent... who else could we be hiding?

As of now my boyfriend is Howie Day. I got his latest CD pretty recently and had to pick up his debut the next possible second. And he's not to bad to http://userpic.livejournal.com/8621197/756056look at either... and young like 22 or something.

Gavin DeGraw is also awesome. So fun and upbeat... I saw him preform on something over my roommates shoulder and he's adorable.

You should all check out Phantom Planet ASAP if you haven't heard them. I know Bubs has. Darren... :wub:

And coinsidently I found out that one of the Boston radio stations is hosting their "Holiday Hoedown" with none other than Guster, Howie and Gavin. And tickets are $60. And I don't have the time or patience to try and win. Hmm... figures. I have been too lucky with concerts this year. :P

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:57 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Thanks K-2...I'm on a mission now!!!</span>

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:45 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Seriously, all the people I'm listening to right now you've all heard of. :lol:

Al Green
Donny Hathaway
D'Angelo
Jill Scott
Lauryn Hill
James Taylor
Coldplay
Liz Phair
(random huh? lol)

BUT I am listening to Rooney too. I guess they'll be my 'check them out' band. :lol: Although it was Crack that told me to check them out. :lol: :shrug: </span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:36 pm

Rooney... I have to write that one down. Because I keep being told to listen and then I forget. ;)

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:05 pm

oh god... i am so out of the new music loop. :no: i'm still all down with a bunch of mayer. :shrug: cuz that's what i have and what i still want to hear right now. actually, most of the time, if i can get it, i listen to nothing but silence... since i know that's what i'll be missing very very soon, if you get my drift. :nod: i've been reading a load of books and just chillin' to a big nothin' on the stereo!!! :lol:

altho the other day when i was on abs i was listening to the good ol' *NSYNC christmas album! :lol: :lol: :lol: 'tis the season after all!!! :)

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:39 am

i've got a lot of catching up to do i see.....

well other than john and john and john.....

coldplay
teitur
sarah mclachlan
natalie merchant...felt in the mood for her old cd, tigerlily
justin...cuz he makes me dance around
mcknight
matchbox
mraz
and bubs i actually put in james taylor last wk.....
thats it for now i think :P

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:33 pm

<span style='color:blue'> :o How could I forget my Brian? :no: And I broke down and listened to *in dramatic voice* Justified on my Nebraska trip. I did a little diddy for the girls in the van and they LOVED it. :lol: And I got crowned Miss Applebottom. :lol: :rofl:

But anyway...Rooney follows me EVERYWHERE. They keep popping up. I just picked up the new People w/ the Sexiest Men and Robert was one of them!! The only one of my men that wasn't was John. :shrug: WTF?

And to add to that list would be my default: Dashboard Confessional. :headbanger:

Oh, and I listened to In The Zone (the Spears) and I don't like as many songs as I thought. *Thanks God* And after that Everytime song I couldn't help it. As soon as the song finished I busted out "CRY ME A RIVER!" :rofl:

And James Taylor rocks my face off. </span>

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:29 pm

In my portable cd player I have a homemade cd of my boyfriend EJ playing the gutair..that has not left it since I burned it lol.

In my big CD player I have

Bryan White
Bryan Adams
Brian Mcknight (lol was in a Brian zone I guess)

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:04 am

i love bryan adams......and i just got dido's cd.....and love the 'whiteflag'...........

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:17 pm

James Taylor. :wub:

I still haven't heard Brit's yet. I'm glad it wasn't amazing, Bubs. I was worried about you for a little while... :lol:

And Bubs... I got that People... almost fell of my chair when I saw Mr. Mraz staring back at me. :D But yeah, what's with the lack of John sexiness? Must be the faces... :ph34r: :P

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:36 am

<span style='color:blue'>:yay: Yess Mraz made it! I forgot! :unsure: My sister doesnt' think he looks like Hugh at ALL! I'm like "Are you BLIND?" :lol: (BTW I saw 'Love Actually' and completely LOVED IT! Must see it now! Carl :drool: )

And Clay made it!! :dance: I love him! :lol: He's so dorky...:nerd:

And yes...The Spears. :nervous: I must admit it's better than her usual stuff, but nothing great. It's all like "let's fuuck on the dance floor" biznass. :lol: But hey...she did date my boyfriend. <_< He is a little freekay. :lick: :lol:

K-2 what happened to Cool Ethan? Since when is he not in Phantom Planet? :confused: :lol: :huh:

Oh and I got the Best of Bryan Adams, but have only listened to it once. Also picked up new Mandy. :D </span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:53 am

He only looks like Hugh SOMETIMES but damn, it IS there. By the way there is a COMPLETE Mraz look-a-like on campus. I've only seen him a few times but everytime I stop dead and just gaze in awe at the eyes, mouth and whiteboy fro. SO MRAZ.

ANYWAYS... :lol:... Nay I forgot to ask you how the rest of the Dido CD was. And also how Teitur was at your show? Obviously not bad since you're still listening. Lucky you... I got some weird band that sang about gay Ken dolls. :puke:

BUBS! I am so upset about Cool Ethan! I went to the show and was like :blink: "what the...?" And have you heard any of their new stuff? It's kind of weird... more hardcore if you will. I don't like it as much.. but still... :wub:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:33 am

<span style='color:blue'>Katie!! I so had a John look-a-like last year! :drool: I was IN LOVE with him! He'd always come in to class late...looking like he had just rolled out of bed stoned. :wub: Haven't seen him this year though. :( I never found out his name either! I just called him John. :shrug: :lol: :wub: But damn me...no Justin look alikes...not that I'd EVER settle for less.

:lol: </span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:43 am

:lol: I remember your John boy!

I've named mine Mraz Boy... and when I've seen him he's got the stoned-just-woke-up look goin on too... :wub: :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:59 am

<span style='color:blue'>:lol: :yay: Yay for the stoners!! :lol: </span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:29 am

justins bubbles wrote: (BTW I saw 'Love Actually' and completely LOVED IT! Must see it now! Carl :drool: )

I saw Love Actually on Friday, I though it was brilliant! :lol: AND I just found out my friends Mum is like best friends with Emma Thompson, how was I not invited to the premier?! :shrug: :rolleyes: After seeing it I now love Colin Firth even more. :wub: (We have a thing :shrug: :P...) But yeah, I thought it was really good. :nod: Now I've seen that I can't wait for the next good movie to come out, new HP. :P

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:41 pm

i love the bryan adams unplugged cd too......

katie we saw the thorns at john's concert and they were really good.....lots of guitars and harmony......but i like teitur, esp the first song........and i keep playing the first 3 songs on dido over and over again....love, love the 1st one 'whiteflag'.....but it takes me awhile to get thru all the songs on a new cd....i'll let you know when i hear it more.......

i also want to get r.e.m.'s best of that just came out......

bubs sammy and i saw 'love actually' yesterday and loved it.....love the songs in the background.....did you hear justin's for a sec there.....and i always loved that dido song too, i went home and got out the cd to listen to it again......and that kelly clarkson one is about the only one she's done i really like........

:lol: but my sister called today and said she'd taken mom to see it and as soon as my mom saw the scene w the two actors doing 'their thing' she turned her head from the movie and afterwards said, 'that was disgusting!, i didn't like that movie at all' :lol:

here's the lyrics to 'whiteflag'

i know you think that i shouldn't still love you
or tell you that
but if i didn't say it well
i'd still have felt it
where's the sense in that
i promise i'm not trying to make your life harder
or return to where we were but

i will go down with this ship
and i won't put my hands up and surrender
there will be no white flag above my door,
i'm in love and always will be

i know i left too much mess and destruction to come back again
and i cuase nothing but trouble
i understand if you can't talk to me again
and if you live by the rules of it's over then
i'm sure that makes sense but

i will go down with this ship
and i won't put my hands up and surrender
there will be no white flag above my door
i'm in love and always will be

and when we meet, which i'm sure we will
all that was there, will be there still
i'll let it pass, and hold my tongue
and you will think, that i've moved on

i will go down w this ship and i won't put my hands up and surrender, there will be no white flag above my door, i'm in love and always will be......

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:45 pm

My sister got the Dido album for her birthday. I :wub: White Flag and Life For Rent. Haven't listened to it properly yet though, so those are the only songs that stuck out for me.

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:58 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Of course I heard Justin nay! I shot up in my seat and clapped like the nerd I am. :lol: And Claire, Colin is one of my favorite actors!! I absolutely adored him in Bridget Jones. :wub: But we were wondering how he'd work into the next one because Briget has a 'thing' for Colin Firth in the next one! So what's Mark gonna do? :lol: :shrug:

I still haven't heard the Dido song, but I've heard great things about it. Guess I'll have to check it out now won't I? :P

And that one couple! :lol: What a job! :lol: And wasn't Carl just :drool:? Ugh...damn cell phones. :lol: And I kept refering to Ema's husband as Snape!!! I couldn't get it past me that he wasn't Snape in this movie! :lol: But I liked him in this one.

But movie wise, right now my sister and I are STUCK on LOTR-TTT Extended version. :popcorn: We're prepping ourselves for ROTK in...17 DAYS!!!!! :crazyjump:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:08 pm

:blink: how could i forget to mention colin firth?....can't wait for the next bridget jones movie....

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:15 pm

I heard George Clooney is going to play Colin Firth! :lol:
Oh, and Carl :lick: ... I loved the bit where she made him wait so she could go round the corner and so her oh my god I can't believe this is happening with Carl dance. I really want to go see it again! :nod:

I got the TTT dvd before the extended one came out! :( So I'm just going to have to borrow somone elses. I can't believe I forgot out ROTK! :o I can't wait for it. I haven't read the books :ph34r: (I know! :no:) so I have no idea what happens, so I'm especially excited! :yay:

As for Justin, I was grinning like mad when LILY was playing, my sister just rolled her eyes and pretended not to know me. :P Reminds me of when I went to see the Jimmy Neutron movie and they played Pop...

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:23 pm

george clooney's gonna play colin's part in the next movie?....noooo, that won't work....

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:34 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Wait...were you saying that GC would be playing Mark Darcy or Colin Firth? :confused: Once again, Nay has confused me. :lol:

My sister and I think that Colin should just play both. :lol: that would be funny.

And don't worry Claire...I haven't read LOTR either. :ph34r: I wanted to, but my sister told me I should read HP first. :shrug: And now look...I'm hooked. :wub:</span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:34 pm

That's what I heard, I'm not sure who I think would make a good Colin Firth, other than Colin of course. :P

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/2140/ColinFirth_Vespa_1457959_400.jpgColin. :wub:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:35 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Wait...so he'd be playing Mark? :confused:

Oh...I see now. :P </span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:38 pm

HP is my absolute favourite, I love it! :wub: I'm forever reading the books. I think the third one - POA, is my fav. The last two were brilliant but really sad. :( Oh, and will Ron and Hermione hurry up and get it together?! :P

Colin playing Mark and himself :lol:, that would be brilliant!

EDIT: :blink: Now you're both confusing me! Ok. Colin Firth will continue playing Mark and George will supposedly be playing Colin Firth. Does that make any sense? :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:43 pm

<span style='color:blue'>I Loved the third one too!! :lol: I can't wait for the movie! I saw a advertisement for it when I went to 'Love Actually'. It was a cardboard cut out of a street sign light post thing and it had a poster on it that said "Have you seen this wizard?" And then in this blank space, if you walked in front of it, Sirius shows up! It was WAY cool! Have you been to azkaban.com? You should go there!! Sirius :wub:

And really! RDub and Hermi need to hurry! :lol: And Harry and Genny! :lol: </span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:49 pm

I saw the trailer, it looks so so good. I can't believe it's not coming out til June! :wacko: I can't wait that long!

Azkaban.com? :sprint: Have you played the games on the HP website? I suck at the Quidditch ones :lol:, I'd never make the team. :no:

Oh, and Sirius is my favourite character. :wub: :(

Return to “NSYNC”