Jay Leno - Tonight

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:32 pm

you're going to ny?.....i love ny! and they should still have their christmas stuff up and john's playing there tonight and tomorrow night there! go to serendipity 3 and get a frozen hot choc.....yum!

I looked up expecting someone trying to get my attention.
:lol: i do that when i hear anyone say 'mom'....

i thought the same thing....oh once christmas is over everyone will be back on :huh: guessnot.....

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:15 pm

Guess it's just you and me, Nay. :P

I was in the city for Christmas last year... when I went to see Joey in Rent. It IS gorgeous! I'm staying with a friend in New Haven, CT for New Years and it's a possibility we'll go. I'm hoping we do get to and everything is still up. And can you imagine? New Years Eve in Times Square? The stories I'd have... B)

And I'll definately need to get some frozen hot chocolate. :thumbup:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:56 pm

<span style='color:purple'>So jealous...New York City on New Year's Eve...sigh!
I'm going to a wedding! Should be fun!
Missed you guys over the holidays...maybe after New Year's things will go back to normal??????? :(
</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:03 pm

just get there early....we were there yrs ago on new yrs day to see lion king and people were filtering early....by 8 it was wall to wall people....it was exciting but we left before the ball dropped....that was the easy part :lol: leaving was a breeze.....

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:11 am

<span style='color:blue'>:lol: I'm just used to calling you Nayer and K-2 now. :shrug: All the nicknames on this board...:lol: I might have to add a last minute gift to mine. I figured I'd be the only late one so I didn't bother to try...but since I'm not, I'll have to do it. :rofl:

And I just want to go to NY SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. :lonely: My friends and I were talking about that last night... One said that she'd be scared to be there on new years and I said "I wouldn't. I'd just be too excited to be there." Then she said that she would just be scared that something would happen. Then my friend, SAVANAH lol, said "yeah, but you have to think about it...we live IN OKLAHOMA. ANYTHING would be better." And I added "Yeah, and you could just say that you were there if something happened." :nod:

I'm desperate. :headache:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:58 am

:lol: aww bubs....the good thing about ny on new years is there are tons of cops everywhere....so unless you were in the middle of a mass of people and got stampeded or something you'd be fine :)

john played last night at irving plaza and i think he's there tonight too? :(

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:54 pm

:lol: I'm glad to see that other people are behind in sending out there Secret Slut gifts. I sent my out awhile back but I was worried everyone else had sent there's out way in advance. My gifts should arrive soon. :nod:
I wanted to send you all something but I haven't had time :( ... so if something arrives mid January, that'll be your Christmas present from me. :lol:
I was just watching a programme and this couple were looking to buy a house in Tulsa. Where in Oklahoma do you live Bubs?

New Years in NY... I've always wanted to go for New Year... if I was rich that is. :lol: I've been invited to into town for Hogmanay (New Year) but my parents don't want me to go. <_< That's probably because it gets a little... crowded :huh: ... new-year.co.uk/images/pic_edinburgh.jpghttp://www.new-year.co.uk/images/pic_edinburgh.jpg

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:04 pm

Claire! That's insane! :lol: But hopefully it will be me! We might be staying in New Haven though... there's supposed to be a good party somewhere or another. :nod: :lol:

I just remembered I was going to send mine today. :ph34r: I still haven't found something that I'm desperate to put in though... :shrug: At least I've written the card. :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:13 am

<span style='color:blue'>The card! :idea: :lol:

I live about an hour from Tulsa. ;) Eh... :lol: OH! Did y'all notice the Summer "You're-not-Seth-Cowen-cutie" was from TULSA?? WTF was up with that? :lol:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:51 pm

claire i didn't know new years was called hogmanay.....at first i thought it was another scottish delicacy...but it does have 'nay' in it so it must be ok...then again, 'hog' is in the word too :huh: .....and man.....so maybe nay's a man hog? :unsure:

all you guys have a great new years night.....be safe

claire did you get my pm? it always says message error when i try to send them......

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:13 pm

:lol: @ Nay's a man hog. Don't worry that's not what it means. I actually have no idea why it's called Hogmanay and no one really knows what it means either. :huh: :lol: I did find this though...

Where does the word Hogmanay come from?

Hogmanay is the Scottish New Year, celebrated on 31st December every year. Never being slow to spot a good excuse for a party, the night involves a celebratory drink or two, fireworks and the kissing of complete strangers – not necessarily in that order.

Where did the word Hogmanay come from?

Nobody knows for sure. Various suggestions have been made over the years and they all sound pretty good from where we are sitting:

from the Gaelic oge maidne ("new morning")

-A Flemish combo of hoog ("high" or "great"), min ("love" or "affection") and dag ("day")

-Anglo-Saxon Haleg Monath ("Holy Month")

-Norman French word hoguinané("gift at New Year")

the night involves a celebratory drink or two, fireworks and the kissing of complete strangers – not necessarily in that order.

On second thoughts maybe that's why my parents don't want me to go. :P

Nay, I got your pm. :nod: I'm going out just now, so I don't have time to reply but I'm so glad your pleased with everything! :hug:

Return to “NSYNC”