John

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:12 pm

A date to remember: December 31 - Late Night with Conan O'Brien. Airs on NBC at 12:35.

'Clarity' Released to Radio As Second Single Off Platinum Album Heavier Things

Grammy-Winning Artist to Join Buddy Guy & Double Trouble For
'Holiday Blues Revue' at New York's Irving Plaza, December 28 & 29

Grammy-winning, multi-platinum, Aware/Columbia singer-songwriter John Mayer has had a great year. His
sophomore, major-label effort, Heavier Things debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 and as the year comes to a close, he readies his second single to radio, "Clarity."
"Clarity," the new single from John's platinum-certified Heavier Things
album, will be released to radio in December. "Clarity" is the lead track off Heavier Things and holds a particularly special place for Mayer. John sums up what the song represents to him: "If you want to know who I am, all you have to do is listen to "Clarity." The song features jazz trumpeter Roy Hargrove
and ?uestlove from The Roots on drums.
John Mayer, fresh from his recent headlining arena tour of the US which included a SOLD OUT show at New York's Madison Square Garden, will join blues legends Buddy Guy and Double Trouble, Stevie Ray Vaughan's band, for the aptly named "Holiday Blues Revue" at New York's Irving Plaza on December 28 and 29.
John Mayer will return to the road in February 2004 with a tour beginning February 14 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
"John Mayer got a pop star's welcome when he walked onstage for his sold-out concert at Madison Square Garden on Monday night," wrote music critic on Pareles in The New York Times. "Hundreds of cameras flashed, and thousands of teenage girls squealed ... Tightly wound guitar vamps propel his songs, slipping complexities behind affable melodies ... Mayer is a first-rate guitarist ... he opened up room to improvise, dispending taut blues leads, ingeniously shifting jazz chords and spiky fingerpicked syncopations ...."
Jim Farber, writing for the New York Daily News, echoed those sentiments,praising Mayer's "lyrics, which are well-formed and witty" and "his music (which) went for something equally dreamy ... Clearly, Mayer has what girls crave. But he also has what boys may need more than they care to admit."
John Mayer is scheduled to perform on with Buddy Guy and Double Trouble on the "Late Show with Conan
O'Brien" on December 30.

Clearly, Mayer has what girls crave.

:nod: :wub:

I'm glad Clarity is the next single, it's one of my favs. :yay: But, then again, they all end up being "one of my faves" :huh: :lol:
After Clarity he HAS to release Home Life 'cause I'm making the video for that :nod:... I know exactly how it should be... and I want to make one for MSM aswell...

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:25 pm

thanks.....i thought this would be his second single cuz he's been performing it live on tv lately....i love the song!

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:11 pm

:yay: I heart Clarity! But I love them all so :shrug:. Clarity always seemed like a single to me. And Nayer! Tons about your concert! :P

AND JOHN ON NEW YEARS EVE?!? That's a crime I tell you... I'll be out partying drunk out of my mind. <_< I guess I'll have to set the VCR and get some commercials in there...

Thanks Claire... :kiss:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:31 pm

lancechica4 wrote: I'll be out partying drunk out of my mind. <_<

<span style='color:blue'> :huh: No Sh!t.

Oh wait. That's everyday for me. :P

And you know what I've been thinking? I should have stuck with the trumpet! Have you noticed how many people use them now? :blink: And I was pretty damn good.

Thanks Claire!! :D </span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:09 pm

JT Fan Girl wrote: After Clarity he HAS to release Home Life 'cause I'm making the video for that :nod:... I know exactly how it should be... and I want to make one for MSM aswell...

^^ :o you're making the video for that?!!! AWESOME!! will it involve sluts, cuz i know some people who would be GREAT!!! :nod: :lol: :lol:

well hip hip hooray!!! :yay: :party: i know what i'll be watching on new years eve!! :D obviously, i'm not going to be doing any heavy partying, so it all works out for me!! :P

i'm glad to hear that "clarity" will be the next single! :yay: i think that's definitely the right choice! :nod: that's zach's favorite song off the album too! :P

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:59 pm

Bubs! If you still played the trumpet you could be playing them on tour with John!!! :o And then you could make them more tolerable in Come Back to Bed... :ph34r: And get us tickets... and backstage... and on the bus... :lick:

And Zach will be happy to hear that one on the radio... :P

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:54 pm

lancechica4 wrote: Bubs! If you still played the trumpet you could be playing them on tour with John!!!

<span style='color:blue'>And my Justin! :lick:

Damn me for quitting!! :lol:</span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:27 pm

yeah! damn you! :blink:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:45 pm

:huh: i should never have put my viola down.....

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:36 am

I should have learned to play SOMETHING... I mean, besides boys. :P

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:18 am

<span style='color:blue'>Oh, but those are the best things to be the master of... :P </span>

Return to “NSYNC”