Clemmens?! You've Got Be Kidding Me!

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:13 pm

I'm starting a new baseball thread. This is deserves its own thread instead of the Damn Yankees one... as much as I love the title.

Are you serious?! ROGER SIGNED WITH HOUSTON?! Way to retire, Roger. :rolleyes: K-1, I'd watch your back... first you take Andy and now Clemmens. I don't think Bubs is much of an Astros fan right about now. :lol:

Now if only there was word on my Nomah... :unsure:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:57 pm

<span style='color:blue'>:steaming: I f***ING KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :splat: I'M TYPING MARK STYLE BECAUSE, WELL, I'M YELLING. :yell:

IT IS, KINDA OKAY THAT HE WENT BECAUSE I WAS OVER THE FACT THAT HE WAS GONE. BUT SERIOUSLY!!!! YOU CAN'T SAY 'OH, I'M GONNA RETIRE' AND THEN SIGN WITH ANOTHER f***IN' TEAM!!!!!!!!! :splat:

MY SISTER AND I WERE TALKING ABOUT HOW IT WAS DUMB OF FANS TO BE MAD AT A PLAYER WHO SWITCHES TEAMS B/C THE TEAM THEY WERE WITH JUST WASN'T OFFERING WHAT THEY WANTED (i.e. A-Rod), BUT OH NO NO NO. CLEMENS IS ON MY BAD SIDE. <_< I'M MORE THAN POSITIVE THAT NY WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM WHAT HE WANTED IF WOULD HAVE SAID 'OH, I CHANGED MY MIND."

MY SISTER GOES 'Geez, chill, it's not like it was Derek." I GO, "WELL, IT MIGHT AS WELL BE!!!!!!!" ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :splat:</span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:12 pm

:ph34r:

i actually found out about the clemmens thing awhile back, but i was scurred to say what i heard. :ph34r: (we went out to dinner with jason's aunt, she told us... apparently she has been friends with gwen clemmens for quite awhile and i never knew. :shrug: )

last nite on the news there was a big story about how the people at the astros season ticket office can't even make outgoing calls becuz their lines are always full. it's amazing how crazy things have been around here with baseball. but hey... it's cool cuz we haven't had any REAL excitement in baseball in houston in a LOT of years. sorry bubs. :(

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:29 pm

<span style='color:blue'> <_< Boo.</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:57 am

believe it or not i actually heard about this.....well it was from letterman, but i heard :P .....it was in his dialogue and he said the reason he's coming out of retirement is that he want's to spend more time away from his family :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:33 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Well he coulda done that in New York. <_< </span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:47 pm

:( bubs... it's not healthy to hold a grudge. :nono: :P :hug:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:05 am

<span style='color:blue'>I don't even care about Clemmens anymore. I just want my Andy back. :lonely:</span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:14 pm

I just realized that Clemmens is the ultimate Slut Crew pimp. First he was with me and the Sox in Boston, and then he moved on to Bubs and her Yanks <_< , and NOW Katie in Houston! :lol: Nay, you better get ready... he'll be knocking on your door next. :P

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:27 am

<span style='color:blue'>Is that sad or what? ;) </span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:25 pm

:nod: What a whore...

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:58 pm

<span style='color:darkviolet'>:nono: I'm flipping him off.

And he better hope he doesn't have to play in New York. <_< We're brutal.

And did you hear what Kevin Milar talking about how he'd rather play with the BEST SHORTSTOP IN BASEBALL??? I told my sister that Nomar's probably sitting at home singing "Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I guess I'll go eat worms..." :( He can be on my team...</span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:42 am

You ARE brutal. <_<

Yeah, I heard that about Milar. What an ass. I really liked him too up until I heard that. Nomah is all over the Boston news today because he was speaking out and saying that he wanted to be here and it's all up to the Sox owners... who he hasn't heard a word from.

:bored: They better make up their minds pretty damn quick...

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:53 pm

do we even have a baseball team in nc? we lost our basketball team :( .....but we're going to the super bowl :shrug:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:24 am

<span style='color:blue'>No you don't Nay. :P

<span style='color:black'>NEW YORK -- Alfonso Soriano's back-to-back breakout seasons earned him a big raise, as the All-Star second baseman and the Yankees came to terms on a one-year contract, avoiding salary arbitration.

Soriano, who turned 26 earlier this month, will earn $5.4 million in 2004, according to The Associated Press. Soriano made $800,000 last season, his third full year in the Majors. He is not eligible for free agency until the end of the 2005 season.

The American League's starting All-Star second baseman in each of the past two years, Soriano enters the 2004 season looking to reach the 35-home run, 35-stolen base mark for a third consecutive year. Soriano hit .300 with 39 homers, 102 RBIs and 41 steals in 2002, but his stats dropped slightly in 2003, when he hit .290 with 38 long balls, 91 RBIs and 35 swipes.

Soriano struggled through the Yankees' 2003 postseason, batting just .225 with one homer and nine RBIs in 17 October contests. He went 4-for-30 (.133) against the Red Sox in the AL Championship Series and 5-for-22 (.227) in the six-game World Series loss to the Marlins.

New York hired Don Mattingly as its new hitting coach for the 2004 campaign, a move that should benefit the free-swinging Soriano. Last year, Soriano struck out 135 times (down from 157 in 2002) and walked just 38 times (up from 23 in 2002), so Mattingly will surely work with the youngster on taking a more patient approach at the plate.

Soriano has been the Yankees' leadoff hitter for the past two seasons, but that will likely change this season with the addition of center fielder Kenny Lofton. Manager Joe Torre will probably drop Soriano down to the sixth or seventh spot to give him more chances to drive in runs.

Soriano is the fourth arbitration-eligible player to sign with the Yankees this winter, joining Aaron Boone and Enrique Wilson, who agreed to one-year contracts in December, and Javier Vazquez, who inked a four-year deal earlier this month. Reliever Gabe White is also arbitration-eligible.
</span>

Thank God. :D One month until Spring Training!! :D

And I can't WAIT for the SuperBowl!!!!! JANET!!!!!!!! :dance: :yay: :crazyjump:</span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:37 pm

renee wrote: do we even have a baseball team in nc? we lost our basketball team :( .....but we're going to the super bowl :shrug:

:yay: i was totally rooting for carolina too!!! out of the two teams for the superbowl, carolina is who i hope takes home the big win!!! :nod: i don't like new england very much. carolina's got a cutie quarterback!! :lick:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:11 pm

Katie... :no: <_<

Three words: TOM FREAKING BRADY.

And Nay... :P

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:14 pm

:huh: :o what? oh yeah... oops. you'd probably be rooting for new england, wouldn't you. :ph34r: sorry.... *blushing* go pats???? *laughs nervously* :huh:

i still think the quarterback for carolina is cuter. :shrug: :ph34r:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:38 pm

:lol: :lol: It's okay... I'm only really a football fan unless it's my highschool team... or when the Pats look like they're going all the way. :lol: :P

As long as you're not dissing my Sox... :nono:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:44 pm

lancechica4 wrote:
As long as you're not dissing my Sox... :nono:

:o oh never!!! :nono: :lol: i know better. :nod: :P

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:57 pm

:lol: Smart girl... :lol: :hug:

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:05 pm

Pats are gonna kick the Cats ass.

Sorry..I couldnt help myself. :ph34r: :lol:

Superbowl yet again... maybe this is our lucky year w/ the pats & sox, & if the sox win, oh hell will erupt in this tiny state of Massachusetts.

& no one can deny the hottness of Tom Brady..

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:48 pm

Oh the Boston love. :thumbup: I don't think there is anything any Bostonian could ever want more than the Sox winning the Series. That would be IN. SANE. :blink: :nod:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:53 pm

i would've liked to see that this year. :nod: :ph34r: *looks around for bubs* :ph34r:

now i wonder what's gonna happen with the astros this year. :thinking: :P should be interesting!!! :nod: :yay:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:01 pm

Yeah your season is looking VERRRRYYYYY good right about now. :nod: It's been a while since you've looked this promising, huh?

I heard rumors that the Manny, ARod, Nomah deal might not really be dead... :unsure:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:03 pm

oh man! yeah it's been a LONG time!!! :nod: i can't wait for the new season to start! :D

I heard rumors that the Manny, ARod, Nomah deal might not really be dead...

:o :unsure:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:14 am

:lol: man they're going nuts around here w all this superbowl stuff.....the news reported that hundreds of people were waiting at all these sports shops to get whatever they could of carolina gear and asking when the superbowl shirts would be in.....and all the ticket places were overloaded w phone calls the moment carolina won....they said tonight one group of tickets on the 40 yd line were going for 175,000 bucks :huh: .....do you realize how many john shows i could go to if i had that kinda money to blow :blink:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:38 am

<span style='color:blue'>*sigh* You just have to keep rubbing in it that you have my Andy don't you? :lonely: :heartbreaker: He, Derek, Jorge and Mike were my only ones left...:lonely:

:cry:

And I think that Nomar should go somewhere else...I feel bad for him. :( </span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:31 pm

BUBS!!! You just want me to be as heartbroken as you are. <_< And it's only the freaking owners that want that deal to go through. Nomah IS Boston. The fans will love him forever... :(

And Nay! Do you realize that I could for once get a decent seat to a John concert with that money? :lol:

I love the sports rivalries on the board. We've got K-1 stealing Andy from Bubs, me vs. Nay in the Superbowl. And who can forget me and Bubs in the race for the Series. :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:35 pm

<span style='color:blue'>What race are YOU talking 'bout? Cuz I just see the Yanks getting there... :P

Then losing of course. :lol:

And the Bosox first baseman (forgot names :ph34r: ) said he'd rather have A-Rod on his team. :shrug:</span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:09 pm

Yeah, Milar's an ass. He's just jealous his name isn't MILAH. <_<

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:27 pm

:chatter: yes!!!! we got andy!!! mwahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :chatter: :lol: :lol: j/k... :hug:

omg! nay that is outrageous for a superbowl ticket!!! i had just heard not too long ago that where my dad's seats are for his season tickets were selling for about $4000 per seat and i thought THAT was bad!! :freaked: as far as john tix, i would imagine for $175,000 you could almost have john sit in your lap at any venue of your choice!!! :nod: :thinking: oh god! would that be fun or WHAT??!!! :lick:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:11 pm

<span style='color:blue'>MILAH. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbdown:

And I just want y'all to know that http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/1003/JBubs2/my_andy.bmpthiswill forever be in my heart. :( </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:07 am

:( aww bubs.....

future retirement....:unsure:.....john in my lap

Return to “NSYNC”