John Kerry Auditions For *nsync

happy
Supreme Member

Postby happy » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:05 pm

[Ed. note: This article, originally published on 12/8/03, is from a report on the Florida Democratic Convention.]

For those who know about the basic history of the various pop "boy bands" in recent years -- New Kids, *NSYNC, O-Town, etc. -- you know that there seems to be a certain formula to them. There are usually four or five young guys: the cute one, the rebellious one, the gay ... umm ... make that the sensitive one, the fat one, and the talented one.

Perhaps John Kerry wanted to add "the really old one" to the mix. The most amusing leaflet of the convention was the one from the Kerry campaign that read: "Sen. John Kerry invites you to a meet-n-greet with special guest Chris Kirkpatrick from *NSYNC." Because, of course, when you think of boy bands, John Kerry immediately comes to mind. Also notice the hip new spelling of "meet-n-greet" too!

Chris -- the Kerry folks all referred to Kirkpatrick as as "Chris" -- was dressed in a full-length black leather jacket and dark shades. It was an outfit Chris kept wearing inside, even during the luncheon forum with Kerry.

Not reported: Today was apparently the first time Kerry and Chris (left) ever met. As Kerry headed into the luncheon, staffers pulled Chris over to Kerry's side. "C'mon pal, let's do this," says Kerry to his new sidekick as he grabbed Chris' sleeve and they headed into the ballroom.

Also not previously reported: It turned out that a Kerry staffer used to be a Mousketeer several years ago with some of Chris' friends and got him to do the favor for Kerry. It helped that Chris lived nearby in Orlando. Kerry -- in turn -- returned the favor by making a plug during the luncheon about "protecting intellectual property" (translation: I'll go after you folks who trade music files online).

I managed to slip through the crowd to Chris to ask him a question as the luncheon breaks up. Have you ever endorsed any candidate before?

"Never endorsed anyone before. This is my first time."

What is it that you like about Senator Kerry?

At that moment, protective Kerry staffers stepped between Chris and me and abruptly ended the interview. "Chris isn't here to answer any media questions today," said the aide. "Just pictures today."

I noticed Storm also was blocked by the same folks a few moments later when -- pretending to be a reporter from Teen People -- he tried to ask Chris if the boys had Kerry in mind while they were performing any of their songs.

Outside during the five-minute "meet-n-greet", Chris explained he must leave for "another meeting." Kerry leaned toward Chris, placed his hand on Chris' shoulder, and said: "Great to have you here, pal ... let's get together again soon." They're going to be hanging together? Yeah, right!

I asked Kerry Deputy Campaign Manager Marcus Jadotte to name Kerry's favorite NSYNC song. Answer: "Bye, Bye, Bye -- the one he's going to play for George W. Bush on election night."

Well, if Kerry is elected, will he ensure that *NYSNC bandmate Lance Bass will finally get to go into space?

"Yes, Senator Kerry certainly plans to work on making that happen," said Jadotte.

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:46 pm

OH... MY.... GOD... :huh: i think i need to have a little chat with our christopher. :no:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:10 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Tell him that I'd like to chat w/ him when you're done. :) Nothing about this...just cybersex. :) </span>

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:15 pm

:rofl: bubs!!

Answer: "Bye, Bye, Bye -- the one he's going to play for George W. Bush on election night."

lmao
can we be any dumber? :lol:

i knew he was at this thing
and i like hes a democrat definitely

but eh i dont like john kerry much

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:09 pm

:blink: Gross.

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:52 pm

:nod: exactly. i don't know... there's just something about the whole chris-getting-involved-in-politics thing that is highly corny or something. <_< maybe not corny... i can't quite think of the word i want to use, but... chris is too goofy to attend some stiff and serious politician's luncheon. plus, like zozon pointed out... the whole comment about "bye bye bye" to bush thing was totally retarded. :rolleyes:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:47 pm

Yeah Katie I know exactly what you're trying to say. Although with the Democratic Convention thing coming to Boston I can't help but hope Chris shows up. Even if it IS with politics. :shrug:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:56 pm

:nod: yeah.... i think even I would show up at a democratic convention if i thought i could get a lick... :o uh, i mean.... get a LOOK at chris. :unsure: :lick: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:03 pm

:rofl: :rofl: I think I was be the most awkward person EVER at that! :lol: I can picture myself striding in wearing an NSYNC shirt and holding a "I WANT YOUR BABIES, CHRIS!" sign. :lol:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:11 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i think i would try the subtle approach. i'd wear a nice conservative looking suit -- short black skirt and blazer kind of thing.... i'd go up to him like "now who are you again?" and then oops! i would conveniently drop some papers i'd be holding in my hands, turn my back toward him and beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend over, exposing a relatively small thong or perhaps... NO thong. :thinking: and then stand back up, turn toward him, slightly hunch forward to adjust my sexy, strappy shoe and oops.... i expose just a little cleavage. :nod:

oh yeah.... he'd be toast. B)

:blink: god! i just read over all of that and i am pretty a pretty sick ticket sometimes!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:27 pm

*looks up from taking notes* But that's why we love you! :lol:

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:31 pm

:rofl:

that was hilarious the skirt thingy

i like that hes there tho :ph34r:
i think i just like the fact that hes a democrat lol

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:51 am

<span style='color:blue'>A LITTLE cleavege Katie? With your boobs? Riiiiiiiight. :blink: </span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:37 pm

Yeah, with the way Katie talks... :lol: :hug:

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:50 pm

:blink:

well...he is from boston...so...i guess thats okay. :lol:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:30 am

lancechica4 wrote: Yeah, with the way Katie talks... :lol: :hug:

:lol: :lol: :lol: you should see 'em now!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:19 pm

:blink: :blink: :blink:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:00 pm

:nod: you're scared, aren't ya? :nod: uh huh... you should be. :ph34r:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:02 am

They probably each have their own zip code by now. :blink:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:14 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i don't know about that... :blink: but my friend had to go to a special store when she was pregnant with her son to buy... are you ready for this... an F cup bra. no lie. it was scrurry. she asked her doctor if she'd be able to wear a bra during her delivery and he said no - i guess in case of an emergency where the patient might go into cardiac arrest or something, they would need a clear shot to the chest area - and she told her doctor "you've got to be kidding me. there's no way i can be in one of those gowns and unleash these babies. somebody's bound to get a seriously injured!" :rofl:

but i'm nowhere near an F... :nono: thank goodness. :freaked: :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:44 pm

<span style='color:blue'> :o F? Geez...:no: I think my mom had a student who was about that big. That's just...eesh. :shudders:</span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:06 pm

Jesus!!! And F?! :o There was this girl in my English class sophmore year... all you saw when you looked at her was boobs and bra lines. I bet she was an F. Poor girl. :(

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:21 pm

<span style='color:blue'>I know 2 girls my age who have already had breast reductions. :shrug: </span> ;)

Return to “NSYNC”