News,

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:55 am

Chart Topping And Topless Girl All Part Of Maroon 5 Singer's Plan

A little thing like a hit single can have a dramatic effect on one's expectations. After Maroon 5's success with "Harder to Breathe," singer Adam Levine looks forward to their next single, "This Love," going straight to the top.

"I have very high hopes," Levine said of the second single to emerge from the band's debut album, Songs About Jane. "I want it to be the #1 song in the country. That's a lofty goal, but I really think it has the potential to do that."

Although Levine is not entirely serious about his prediction, "This Love" is already on its way to matching its predecessor's success. The song officially got pushed to radio last week, but some stations jumped the gun and "This Love" was among the songs most added to pop radio the week before the push. "Harder to Breathe," meanwhile, is still among those stations' most played tunes.

While the music has perked up listeners' ears, the video is raising eyebrows — not so much for the performance part of the clip but rather for Levine's intimacy with his girlfriend, Kelly McGee. Despite a gaggle of crewmembers including director Sophie Muller (Coldplay, No Doubt) and scenes requiring Levine to make out with a topless McGee, he said the shoot was neither uncomfortable nor terribly exciting.

"It was surprisingly not weird and surprisingly not sexual," Levine said. "It was totally comfortable. I didn't get horny or anything, which was weird since I shot it with my girlfriend."

The band will soon tour with John Mayer, repeating their summer 2003 bill. Mayer counts himself among the band's biggest fans, a mutual admiration sparked by his friendship with Maroon 5 guitarist James Valentine, who attended college with Mayer before the singer/songwriter's career took off.

"They hung out and made music together, then John kind of blew up," Levine explained. "James called him up and we got some shows with him. He's a crazy cool dude."

Levine is working on a new stage show he doesn't quite have nailed down yet, but don't expect costume changes, stage props, pyrotechnics or anything else resembling a Britney Spears spectacle.

His sole requirement? "I want simple but really impressive lighting," he claimed. "We don't want to have a huge video screen behind us distracting everybody from the point of coming to see a band. We want to keep it simple, sincere and amazing."

Maroon 5 tour dates with John Mayer, according to their publicist:
2/14 - Vancouver, BC @ Pacific Coliseum
2/16 - Bozeman, MT @ Brick Breeden Fieldhouse
2/17 - Nampa, ID @ Idaho Center
2/20 - Las Vegas, NV @ Mandalay Bay Events Center
2/22 - Fresno, CA @ Save Mart Center
2/24 - Tucson, AZ @ Tucson Convention Center
2/25 - Las Cruces, NM @ Pan American Center
2/27 - New Orleans, LA @ UNO Lakefront Arena
2/28 - Memphis, TN @ Mid-South Coliseum
2/29 - Jackson, MS @ Mississippi Coliseum
3/3 - Pensacola, FL @ Pensacola Civic Center
3/5 - Sunrise, FL @ Office Depot Center
3/6 - Jacksonville, FL @ Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
3/7 - Tampa, FL @ Sun Dome

This Love is my favourite song, and I :wub: the video too! :nod:

Jason Mraz Wants 'You And I Both' To check out the behind-the-scenes footage of his new video

mtv.com/bands/az/mraz_jason/artist.jhtmlhttp://www.mtv.com/bands/az/mraz_jason/artist.jhtml

There is also a new Jason article on his site. Here's a little taster... "Just start writing...Before you know it you’ll have barfed onto your paper all kinds of things you’d hoped to do." :P

jupiter2.com/eo/eo_exclusive/interviews/jason_mraz.htmlhttp://www.jupiter2.com/eo/eo_exclusive/in...jason_mraz.html

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:44 am

This Love is so good. I put it on repeat and listen to it over and over all the time. And hot damn, I wouldn't have minded rolling around with Adam Levine ... yumm! :safesex:

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:32 pm

whatchagot4meMRJT wrote: And hot damn, I wouldn't have minded rolling around with Adam Levine ... yumm! :safesex:

:lol: Agreed. :nod:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:59 pm

thanks claire....it seems like i've been listening to m5 for so long now and it's weird when i hear their two singles on the radio or see their video now cuz the songs don't seem new to me, but i'm really happy for them :)

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:10 am

Me too, Nay! I remember when they were Kara's Flowers. :ph34r:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:50 pm

<span style='color:blue'> ^:lol: :nod: </span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:55 pm

More Jason news B) :

TV: MTV has put Jason's TRL performances on his Artist Page at MTV.com. You can watch amazing performances of 'You and I Both' and 'The Remedy'. Please show your support for Jason on MTV.com by visiting this website and checking out the videos.

mtv.com/bands/az/mraz_jason/artist.jhtmlhttp://www.mtv.com/bands/az/mraz_jason/artist.jhtml

SOUNDTRACK: Jason's cover of the Modern English hit "I Melt With You" will be available on Tuesday February 3 with the release of the "50 First Dates" soundtrack from Maverick Records.

maverick.com/50firstdates/http://www.maverick.com/50firstdates/

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:18 pm

:wub: Thanks Claire! I can't wait to hear the cover! :nod:

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:52 pm

:D > TV UPDATE: Jason's episode of American Dreams will air on Sunday March 28 at 8pm. In case you missed the news - he's going to play 1950s pop star Dion. The episode will tape February 4.

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:16 pm

thanks i can't wait to see him....but we all need another reminder....well i do :P

and i think john's suppose to be on chappelles sp? show this sat.....the 7th?

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:02 am

:o Thanks for the heads up guys! :hug:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:03 am

<span style='color:blue'>My friend asked me the other day if I saw John on Dave Chapelle. :( She said he didn't sing but did skits. :shrug: Re-air? Hopefully? :unsure:

And I'll need constant reminders about the M-R-A-Z. :nod: Fo' sho.</span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:34 pm

*Bump* If I'm not going to see it then you guys should, so if that means I need to do weekly reminders then that's what I'm going to do. :nod: :lol:

<span style='color:deeppink'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>****</span></span>Jason's episode of American Dreams will air on Sunday March 28 at 8pm.<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:deeppink'>****</span></span>

Also, it says on John's site that he will be on Jay Leno and performing Clarity... but I thought it wasn't that long since he'd been on, and that he did Clarity last time. :confused: Is it common for a guest to appear so recently after the last time... or is it just a repeat, because it doesn't say it is. :shrug: This time I'm gonna to check everyday, I thought the UK was like a month behind turns out it's just a week and a few days, that's how I missed him last time. :no: This will air Feb 19th.

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:24 am

Claire... you are a star! :kiss: And since we're all exchanging TV dates... Phantom Planet will be on Leno tomorrow night if anyone's interested. (And if you don't know who they are tune in anyways... they rock!) :P

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:13 am

:) i had to retstart 3 times, so let's hope i can get this reply in

i'm definitely cking out leno...thanks katie

is the leno show a repeat? well, i've got his last performance there on tape, but i'll be watching it again anyway :P

how's everyone?

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:03 pm

<span style='color:blue'>I'm good. :nod: Could be better... You?</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:24 am

:lol: well i'd be a helll of a lot better if my computer wasn't crap....

i miss everybody! :(

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:28 am

<span style='color:blue'>No kidding! Mine's been acting horrible lately. <_< </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:41 pm

:( yours has too? other than you telling me it's been slow i didn't know you've had problems w it.....then again i haven't been on much :unsure: maybe that's why i didn't know.......

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:37 pm

my computer has been acting funny too.... :nervous: how odd that we're all having problems. :shrug: mine will just randomly get stuck and freeze or just be sooooooooooooo slllllooooooooooowwwwwwwwww. :rolleyes: <_<

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:06 am

<span style='color:blue'>Hmmm...that's strange. :thinking: Well, at least we're all in it together. :hug: :lol:</span>

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:45 am

<span style='color:purple'>Since everyone's computer is screwed up...I'm going to take this chance and ask...any ideas as to why I can't log onto my msn?? Damn thing says I'm not connected to the net...stupid thing!!!!!

*kicks tower and screams*
</span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:39 am

we have aol.... i guess we could blame them. :nod: :shrug: i don't know what the deal is with msn, tash. :huh: damn internet people... they know we're screwed without them, so we just keep taking their crap. <_< i think the internet is my worst addiction since marlboros once upon a time. :no:

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:31 am

Just reminding everyone that John is on Leno in two days... don't forget. :nono: :P

Oh, Tasha my MSN has been acting up too. :confused: I can sign on... but yesterday all my friends were sending me messages and they were just appearing blank so I had no idea what anyone was saying to me. :blink:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:23 pm

<span style='color:blue'>And speaking of Leno, JC will be on tonight! :D </span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:54 pm

cool! jc! :lick: he was in town at our little radio station last week! :nod: i wish i could've gone to that. what's up with everyone showing up here when i'm all huge and pregnant? first lance was here and then jc... and john will be here in a few more weeks! :(

you know, a couple of years ago i would've been loitering outside the station waiting to jump on both lance and jc... but not now... if i did that now, i'd probably kill them if i landed on either one of them. <_<

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:54 pm

lancesgrl wrote: what's up with everyone showing up here when i'm all huge and pregnant?

<span style='color:blue'>:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I just found that funny. :rofl:

And at least they're coming to you. They only come with me.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I kill myself. :ph34r: </span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:23 am

^ :huh: :lol:

JC on Leno. :wub: Wish he'd got to talk more but... those pink pants made up for it. :lick:

Just thought I'd remind people John will be on Jay Leno tonight. :P It'll probably air here a few days later but the best part is... It'll be my first time seeing John on tv and the first thing to put on my John tape. :yay:

Also the Mraz journal was updated for Feb 13th and there's a pic - jasonmraz.com/Journal/2004-02.1.jpghttp://www.jasonmraz.com/Journal/2004-02.1.jpg ^_^

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:56 pm

justins bubbles wrote: They only come with me.

....and on you. :nod:

:ph34r: ooh god that was tacky. :no: :ph34r: sorry, it's the pregnancy hormones. they're tricky sometimes. :blink: :ph34r:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:48 pm

<span style='color:blue'>:shrug: I'm not pregnant and I thought it was funny. :lol:</span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:52 am

I thought it was funny too! :rofl: But then again Bubs... we're just sluts. :lol:

Awwwww! MRAZ GETTING A MANICURE! My little meterosexual boyfriend... :wub: Thanks for the journal update, Claire... I've been busy and haven't read it yet. :P

I missed JC! And PINK pants?! :(

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:12 pm

We're being spoiled by Mraz ^_^, he's put ANOTHER diary entry up for Feb 19th AND it's a long one! Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up, I'm of to read it myself. :sprint:

Also he's doing a gig in Toronto, there's more info on his site... I can't remember where in Canada you live Tash. :ph34r: But thought I'd post it, just in case. :P

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:52 pm

:o :sprint:

P.S. I want to go to Toronto!

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:02 pm

Me too! :nod: Especially as it's a show just for fans, so it's especially intimate. ^_^

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:58 pm

<span style='color:blue'>I woke up to him this morning. He was the first face my little hungover eyes saw... ^_^ :lol:

And getting intimate w/ Mraz...sounds fun! :P </span>

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:56 pm

<span style='color:purple'>It's exactly where I saw John...THUD!!!!
I'm going to check it out!!!!!!!!
Thanks girlies!!
*wink wink*
</span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:20 pm

did anyone see jc on ryan seacrest yesterday? he performed "some girls dance with women." he looked adorable. i just love that boy. :wub: he didn't wear pink pants tho. :shrug: he had some nice fittin' jeans on instead. :nod: :lick:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:13 am

<span style='color:blue'>I saw him!! :wave: I lub that boy. :wub: I made a button that says "Justin who? It's all about JC now." :lol: He did look cute...:nod: And I felt so bad for him and that girl that he dated!! :lol: :ph34r: :( </span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:08 pm

tendertoes wrote:<span style='color:purple'>It's exactly where I saw John...THUD!!!!
I'm going to check it out!!!!!!!!
Thanks girlies!!
*wink wink*
</span>

Hope you get to go Tash. :hug: If so... perhaps you could mention this little country called Scotland that he should consider visiting. :unsure:

Jason's posted another journal entry on his site for today, Feb 26th - jasonmraz.com/journal.htmlhttp://www.jasonmraz.com/journal.html Most of it is taken up with him putting up lots of Japanese phrases and there meanings. :lol:

How about... Yotteru? :P Ki-o-tsukete-ne. :blowkiss:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:18 pm

Tasha babe! I hope you get to go! I'm way jealous! I'm in Mraz-withdrawls... although I am John spoiled so I'll just shut up. :ph34r: :lol:

I saw JC! :wave: I saw JC! But it was on background noise so I kind of missed it... :unsure:

Claire... Gomu tsukeru! :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for posting! I loved that one... ^_^ Only Mraz could write practically a whole journal entry about Japanese toliets... and pro-gay marriage. What a guy. :wub:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:30 pm

<span style='color:purple'>BAd news girlies...NO mraz for me...just got back on the 28 from Toronto...I had something come up that couldn't be postponed in Toronto...maybe next time??? *shrugs and pouts*</span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:50 pm

Awww, Tash! :( I'm sorry!!! Next time for sure... how could he pass up our one and only Canadian slut? :hug:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:44 pm

<span style='color:purple'>*pouts*
"That's exactly what I was thinking K-2..."
</span> <_<

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:36 pm

:( sorry you're not going to see him tash.....but 'one and only canandian slut' is good! :P

cuz of my computer i'm behind on posts, mraz journals, baseball :lol: catching you guys when you're actually on etc. :(

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:51 pm

<span style='color:blue'> :( nayer... you and your computer. My internet was down for like 5 days. :shrug: Thought I was gonna go insane. :wacko:</span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:53 pm

Aww, I'm sorry Tash! :hug: I'm sure when he gets on stage and realises you're not there, he'll make sure to come back as soon as possible. :P

Nay. :wave:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:50 pm

hey claire! :hug:

bubs i am going insane never knowing when my computer will let me post or not.....sometimes i sit here starting it over a million times just to get one post up :(

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:30 pm

:wave: EVERYONE!!!

I miss everyone. :( Nay, I feel like I haven't seen you on for WEEKS! :hug:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:40 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Everyone seems to be playing computer tag lately...we need to try and schedule a chat...again!</span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:37 am

^^ :nod: most definitely!! :nod:

Return to “NSYNC”