John Mayer Adopts 'don't Worry, Be Happy' Outlook

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:54 am

Picture B) : mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/m/Mayer_John/sq-john-mayer-0307intv-mtv.jpghttp://www.mtv.com/shared/media/news/image...307intv-mtv.jpg

Long walks on the beach and sunset drives along the Pacific Coast Highway are just two of the ways John Mayer frees his mind from constantly worrying about such improbable prospects as expanding to "three times [his] body" weight.

Or at least that's according to the video for "Clarity," the second single from Mayer's Heavier Things. In tune with the song's don't-worry-be-happy lyrical outlook, the clip finds Mayer for once not wasting time wondering why he's at ease and, instead, just going with the flow.

The video opens with the singer/songwriter on the Santa Monica pier, pleasantly observing equally happy folks holding hands, hanging out and having a good time on the beach. The camera follows Mayer as he strolls along the pier, taking it all in.

The scene shifts to Mayer cruising the winding Pacific Coast Highway in a convertible before returning to the beach for video closure.

Mayer's latest clip, expected to surface next month, lacks the performance footage found in Heavier Things' first single, "Bigger Than My Body." The video was directed by Little X, best known for helming clips by hip-hop artists Nelly, DMX and the Clipse as well as comedian Chris Rock's video for "No Sex (In the Champagne Room)."

Following a handful of shows in Japan and the U.K., Mayer will kick off a North American tour on February 13. Maroon 5 will open most shows through March 7.

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:32 pm

i saw a clip of it from his E interview...just the walking at the beach part....but he's wearing the coat i wore to msg on it :lol: that just cracked me up.....

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:02 am

sounds like a gud video, cant wait to see it!

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:12 pm

<span style='color:blue'>I was in the caf the other day and I'm always the one who catches the randomness on the TV's. Well...I happened to glance up and BTMB was on...BUT NO! It was a whole SHOW about John! It was forever long and I was real sad b/c I couldn't hear or run to my room b/c no one knows what channel it is. :lol: It was sad...I just had to sit and stare and smile when he laughed at the witty things he says. :wub: :( </span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:14 am

Why for the life of me can I not picture John Mayer in a convertable? :blink: All I can think of is JC and Lance in that little red car in the Bye Bye Bye video. :ph34r:

He's on the beach. Why isn't he nekkid? <_<

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:04 pm

lancechica4 wrote:
He's on the beach. Why isn't he nekkid? <_<

:lol: i agree!!! what the hell is UP with that? :shrug:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:47 pm

<span style='color:blue'>:lol: :unsure: I don't know about y'all...but I think John's one of those guys that might kinda have to keep their clothes on. :lol: :ph34r: I mean, if I can get a nekkid John Hell yes for me! But...eh...:lol:

:ph34r: *stone me if you must.*</span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:07 pm

You'd kinda have to stone me too. :ph34r:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:20 pm

<span style='color:blue'>:lol:

*tosses pebble* </span>

Return to “NSYNC”