Brandeis Show!

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:57 pm

Oh. My. God.

This was no joke, the best concert I have ever been to in my entire life. Omigosh. Where to begin? So first of all my friend and I got there at about 3:30... got lost walking around campus looking for the gym and when we finally got there a half hour later it was 4:00... only 2 hours until the doors opened! :o We were so upset because there were A LOT of people ahead of us. So we waited and made friends with this adorable girl and her friend behind us. Around 6 they told us that there were 6 entrances and they were going to have lines at each of them. So they let 20 go down to the far entrance, 20 down to the next one and the cut off for the third line was RIGHT in front of us MEANING we were FIRST in line at the 4th door. So the doors opened and we had to go in single file to get screened and then my friend and I SPRINTED to the stage. SECOND ROW CENTER. And our friends we'd made were right in front of us. During the show they let us come up for certain songs too which was so unbelievable sweet. The show was amazing... John was in such a good mood! Smiling and joking around! :wub: Some highlights...

Some girl yelled "I WANT YOUR BABIES!!!" and John was like "Aw, see? Here's a girl... probably gorgeous screaming that she wants my babies. Well, if I was standing ready... like this... *spreads legs and puts hands on hips* with a condom on... But seriously, you don't want my babies. You'd go telling your friends I'm a bastard after... and there's sex involved, you don't want that." Something like that. :lol:

Some girls were screaming "COMFORTABLE!!!" and John goes "This is a song called comfortable"... started the intro to My Stupid Mouth and bent over and shook his butt at them. :lol:

I can't wait to get a recording... he was absolutely amazing. So hilarious and so happy. And oh yes, there was eye sex. :nod: OH YES. The first few songs I wasn't getting any and I was thinking "Crap, I must not be as hot as Nayer" :P but then it picked up. I got some during Daughters, Come Back to Bed, Something's Missing, YOUR BODY IS A WONDERLAND ("Damn baby, you frusterate me, ect.) :o complete with a hot squinty sex face. And those are the only ones I remember but :jawdrop:

The best one was Come Back to Bed. I'd been turned and talked to my friend about signs we should have brought and laughing and when I turned back John was staring DEAD at me. I kind of made a shocked face, John laughed and then started singing like kind of cheesy with his eyes bugged out like "Pay attention!!!" :wub: I can't desribe it. But it made my life.

I could go on for hours with all the banter, ect but I'll just stop now and give you the set list (WHICH INCLUDES IN YOUR ATMOSPHERE!!!! :o :yay:)

Bigger Than My Body
No Such Thing
Somethings Missing
Clarity
Not Myself
Back to You
Daughters
My Stupid Mouth
Come Back to Bed
Your Body is a Wonderland
Only Heart (his "80's song"... "back when shame was the worst STD"
Why Georgia
In Your Atmosphere (AAAAAH!)
Simmering Stew (a new one... that's what MSM's calling it)

P.S. Scotty Crowe was about 3 feet from me. B)

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:59 pm

Wow, I know I just wrote way too much (:ph34r:) but I forgot to tell you that he played "This Love" by M5 and "Last Night" by Mistah JT himself. :D

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:13 pm

:lol: :dance: :hug: awww katie you got eye sex!!!!!.....did i not tell you seriously that his shows have to be seen up front?....didn't you feel like you were in a whole separate world up there :lol: ...the show sounded amazing, i'm so glad you had a great mayertastic time!!!! and it's such a difference when he's in a good mood......awww to the butt shaking...... :wub: bet this will stay with you for awhile ;)

hey did you take pics? :unsure:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:25 pm

:yell: katie empty your darn message board....it's full!!!!

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:09 pm

<span style='color:blue'> :o OMG OMG OMG!! Someone ELSE besides Nayer had John eye sex!!! :lol: Your show sounded AMAZING and got me all pumped up to see him again... :( :yell:

OH guess what!!!! A couple of years ago my college town raised a tax so the college could renivate (sp? lol) the football feild...well, we had to vote to actually use that money for what it was for (because some people didn't want to spend the $2 mil on the football feild...) anyway it passed. :dance: But, my point. The people who are in charge of activites on campus were talking about what we could do when the feild was new. Well, since we'd have terf, they were like "We could get big names for concerts blah blah..." Then a few days later my friend Ryan was saying that he was in a meeting talking about people who they had thought about bringing next year and although I try my hardest NOT to pay attention to him, he said so and so and JOHN MAYER maybe... :o I quickly turned around and said "YOU BETTER GET JOHN MAYER AND I BETTER BE THE FIRST PERSON TO MEET HIM AND GET THE HOOK UP!!" :lol: He started laughing and then telling me that John was way better than Justin. :rolleyes: I just replied w/ a "duh!" :lol: :P

But yeah...back to your show. I hope someone got a recording!! I want to hear these new songs. :( AND the other songs he sang. :P </span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:41 pm

Good news, I took pics AND saw a taper at the show! :D Unfortunately I only took about 23 pictures! :o It's because I always forget how many exposures my film has and I always have to save the last one JUST in case there's a little after-show party. :lick: I was afraid I only had 24 pictures. ;)

Sorry Nay! I always do that! I'll go empty ASAP! :ph34r: And omigosh... the other world thing!!! I keep reading reviews about how the crowd was so not into it and I was like :jawdrop: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! :lol:

I vote that our slut meet-up John concert be at Bubs school! :nod:

I just remembered some other stuff that's way too good for you not to hear until I finally get my act together and mail you out the 10,000 CDs I owe all of you. (And Secret Slut!!! :ph34r:)...

He said he wished he was as sucessful in the 80's because if you had a backstage pass you were there for ooooone thing. Not just an autograph and a picture. :lol:

He told us about he had a newfound appreciation for people who come out to see shows because the night before he had seen Chris Rock at the Orpheum. He told us about the white girls ("Let's just call them Muffy and Buffy") in front of him who kept agreeing with Chris's points on how hard it is to be black. :lol: And how there's always someone too tall... and always someone singing loud and out of tune in your ear. And if you sit down there's always one person kneeing you in the back and you don't even enjoy the concert because all you think is "the NEXT time he does that..." "THE NEXT TIME..." :D

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:34 pm

:lol: yeah slut-meet john concert at bubs school!......

:lol: katie i do the same thing w the last pic cept i know it's the last pic and it never fails that as soon as i take the very last one there's a perfect shot i should've taken.....

:lol: @ the story about who's sitting in front of you etc.....for some reason sc had so many guys there and they were scattered in front of me....i had to keep scooching over and going on my tip toes for pics......then there were the screachers when he was talking....... <_<

he so loves the 80's :P

oh, i'm reading the stevie ray vaughn biography...o/t :lol: kinda, but it's interesting.......

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:20 pm

^ Any good? :huh: I'd love to read it if it is... once i have ANY free time. John played a Stevie cover on his electric... just instrumental. He looked like he was having so much fun! :wub:

I signed up for a B+P YESTERDAY!!! Can you believe how quick that was?! :o

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:15 pm

:o where'd you find a b&P? i ckd the trading page today and the only thing they had was your show that you download w all the codes which i totally don't understand....

afraid to ask :lol: but do you think you could make a copy for me? and when i get the sc show i'll do the same for you?
i also asked again for msg's but someone said they've never seen that one offered......wonder why no one taped that? :huh:

nick told me about a 3 day concert in texas w all these guitarists....among them jimmie vaughn, clapton, buddy guy, b b king, etc. etc.....and bob said why don't you and nick go to that.....it'd be fun and you'd be able to take lots of picks :o :huh: what's bob up to? :P

your pm is still full :(

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:30 pm

<span style='color:blue'>:unsure: I want one... I don't have a show to offer, but I do have other things...:lol:

OMG the other day it was so funny!! I bought these pink velour 70's shorts and matching knee socks. I told my mom that I should have worn them to Love Shack and she goes "Yeah...that'd look good w/ rollerskates." :rofl: No kidding. :rofl:

And nayer...GO GO GO! :lol: No telling who else will be there...just lurking around. :huh: </span>

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:19 pm

she goes "Yeah...that'd look good w/ rollerskates."  No kidding.

<span style='color:purple'>LMAO...I'll bet you were dying!!! :rofl: :laughup:

This is going to be such a stupid question but what is a b&p???
</span> :stupidme: :no:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:35 pm

Bubs! That's fabulous!!! :rofl:

Tash... don't worry, I had no idea what the heck it was until Nay told me. :lol: B+P stands for Blanks and Postage. Meaning you send blank CDs and the return postage to someone who taped your show, they burn it, send it back, and then you have your show! They're fantastic.

Nay, I saw that bit torrent thing too... was SO confused! So some girl offered a B+P on MSM for people who hate complexity. :D I'll keep an eye of for MSG. :nod: And as for the show, you should DEFINATELY go!!! Like Bubs say, you never know who'll be there. Maybe you'll find youself sitting next to Mr. Mayer. :P

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:50 pm

Maybe you'll find youself sitting next to Mr. Mayer.  
<span style='color:purple'>Damn it...can you imagine???
THanks K-2...I owuld love if someone could share with me if they get anything. and i promise to begin recording JOhn on Much that I recorded for us in November....eeek!!!
</span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:07 pm

I owe you so many CDs. I'm talking there are 5 piles of blank CDs in my dorm. Each one is on top of a CD mailer and/or bubbler addressed and ready to go to either K-1, Bubs, Nay, Claire or you. :ph34r: :lol: And those are all next to my secret slut. :rolleyes:

I'll burn them this weekend. I'm feeling motivated. :nod:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:25 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Me too....thanks!!! hugs!!!<span style='color:purple'></span></span> :hug: :blowkiss:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:33 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Secret Slut. :stupidme: I swear...by Monday. :ph34r: </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:51 pm

:lol: yeah it'd be a lot of fun to go....but heard rumors john is playing this summer again maybe co-headling w adam from m5 or w m5 i don't know....kinda want to know those dates first...and then nick's graduation date keeps getting changed....was may now june and that's when this texas thing is :unsure: anyway...... :lol:

thanks for keeping an eye out for msg...and maybe sc too?...well i'm all for any cd's or tapings you guys want to send :P and will appreciate w much love :P

:lol: @ your mom and the rollerskates...if only she really knew what she was saying :lol:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:14 pm

I'm scurred! Going to be a camp counselor again this summer... what if I miss John or Mraz concerts? :nervous:

MSG and SC.. got it. :thumbup:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:33 pm

thanks katie!

i know what you mean....isn't it awful when we get to the pt about wondering if any of our other plans in life will ruin our chances of a john or mraz show..... :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:50 am

<span style='color:blue'> :o Oh no! I'm going to be a camp volunteer this summer too! :yay: So John better not come see me w/o me being able to go...:unsure:

:rofl: John? Coming to see ME? right. :rofl:

:(

Anyway...I'm so excited! I forgot to tell y'all! Remember last year when I was applying to be an Rookie Bridge Camp Volunteer? Well, I GOT IT THIS YEAR!! :dance: Woop! woop! I'm way excited! :lol: I'll be one of the first people that incoming freshman meet here! OH, RBC is so fun. :crazyjump: :lol: Okay...shh.

But I hope that John does come...But hopefully it isn't on a date where I have plans. :unsure:</span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:03 pm

I am SO late getting in here, I'm sorry Katie. :kiss: Wow. It sounds like such an amazing show but I'm still :lol: @ John wiggling his butt.

And you got Back To You and In Your Atmosphere. :wub:

Bubs, I wish John would come see you! :nod: Hopefully John will tour with M5 and visit you and then a little de-tour to Haggisland perhaps, next drop in to see Tash and then get back in time to see everyone else. B)

This is random... but I found a boy. ^_^
Katie you'll approve, he's from Boston. Well he's not my boy yet but... he WILL BE. :lol:

:ph34r:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:11 pm

<span style='color:blue'>He will be mine. Oh yes. He will be mine. </span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:35 pm

*gasp* CLAIRE!!! A Boston boy, huh? I'm so proud! But the only question is... he's a Sox fan, yes? A hate those Boston boys who think they're cool in they're Yankees hats... :angry:

Go get him, babe!!! :hug:

<span style='color:blue'>I'll be one of the first people that incoming freshman meet here!</span>

:no: Good God...

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:42 pm

:lol: when you get him claire...hold on tight and if you run into bubs and she offers to share a beer w him :guzzle: ..... :bootyshake: and :sprint:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:19 pm

:rofl:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:07 am

<span style='color:blue'>Is it pick on Bubs day or something? :huh:

<_< Poo faces. </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:11 am

:hug:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:56 am

<span style='color:blue'>:hi: Talk to the hand cuz the face ain't listenin'. </span>

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:40 am

<span style='color:purple'>Okay...congrats Bubs!!
Claire...go get that man!!
K-2...yay!!
Nay, Claire, K-1, K-2, Bubs...hoping we all get a little/or a lot of John this summer!
Any ideas if he's coming to Canada??
That's it...I'm joining L-83!!
</span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:02 pm

Bubs! :rofl:

L-83... it hasn't done much but I'll still renew in April. :nod:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:46 pm

mornin to bubs hand....

yeah i renewed awhile back at L83...they do fall short considering it's the club....but at least i know i can get tour updates and tickets early there....and the ticket process has gotten better...

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:25 pm

^ :nod: I like to know that at least I'm getting a better shot at tickets than the 57834657864583 people all going after them on the ticketbastard onsale date. God, tickets are so stressful. :nervous: I like general admission. Put on some comfy shoes, a warm jacket, a deck of cards, stand out in the cold for a few hours and BAM right up front. :wub:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:38 pm

:lol: yeah i'd love to see john at a small venue again....the one i did go to we showed up 20 min's before the show and the lines were around the building....but as we wen't thru the door everyone had scattered to go upstairs to be by the balcony railings.....so we just walked right up to the stage :huh: (well bout 4 rows back).....i'm still trying to figure out why everyone wanted to be upstairs instead :shrug:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:53 pm

:huh: Yeah! That's the weirdest thing! You should have SEEN me full out sprinting across the gym to get second row with my friends. :lol: And this is a BIG college size gym!

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:19 pm

:lol: katie if you'd had your LAX stick you coulda just batted them all out of the way as you ran....

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:06 am

<span style='color:purple'>Can I borrow your LAX stick if I need it?????</span>

:rofl:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:39 pm

I wish I had it last night. <_< The girls in front of me... you wouldn't believe. MORE IN MY PROVIDENCE THREAD... :D

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:05 pm

:(

Return to “NSYNC”