Crossroads Guitar Festival!

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:51 pm

we got back early tues morn and omg i'm trying to figure out a way to tell you about the full wknd w/o writing a book here :lol:

ok, we arrived friday and couldn't believe it when they pulled up in front of our hotel...i just picked one that was closest to the festival and it was beautiful.....and :lol: i had a room all to myself!!!!! w a king bed and feather pillows :lol: ...now any mom will appreciate what it's like to spend some alone time in a room that gets cleaned for you....man, the bathroom was marble and tile floors w french doors connected to it....ok, getting carried away

sat: started off early....took the city bus to fair park, then had to walk a distance thru the park to get to where we were going and it was hot.....heard a few bands but spent a lot of time at the workshops and cking out the guitars and memorabilia sp?....they had stevie ray's favorite guitars....and others that eric clapton had used etc.....

sat eve:....around 7 worked my way up to the very front row and was just blown away by the musicians....doyle bramhall, robert cray, buddy guy, eric clapton, jimmie vaughan..they played separately and together.....then......john came out...he sang clarity, something's missing, a long guitar solo, your body... and another one i can't remember...he said the greatest thing he's ever gotten is the carbon copy of the fax that invited him there to perform by eric clapton.....only got one eye contact when he leaned back to play a guitar solo part and he glanced up....boom! a two second eye lock :lol: at least it wasn't long enough for him to 'be done w me' :lol: ....anyway the crowd around me was great we all were talking about where we were from and facts on all the artists.....lol, even mickey rourke was there on stage announcing....the atmosphere was really relaxed w eric and other artists coming out on stage just to laugh and talk between different set-ups....only bummer....they found my camera and made me ck it....so i didn't get any pics even though other people said they hid theres in places i don't want to know about just to be able to get some shots......gave my email to someone so i'm hoping he sends me some.....

sun:....nick and his friend went early in the morning, but i decided to come a little later cuz i knew the line up and who i didn't want to miss.....it was at the cotton bowl and it was so hot that day......but met up w the guys and we started working our way up front around 4....it was no easy task but w a lot of excuse mes and sorry-sorry's we made it up to about 10 rows back from the stage which considering the place-seats and floor- were filled to capacity we were thrilled.....

ok.....bo diddly, vince gill, joe walsh, eric clapton, jeff beck, santana, james taylor, jimmie vaughan, buddy guy, bb king, zz top all played by themselves......w eric clapton coming out and jaming w a bunch of them

at one pt bb king and eric clapton came out and sat side by side jamming....then jimmie vaughan pulled up a chair and joined in....then buddy guy came out.....and next bb king said we've got another guy coming out here...and out walked john!.....they all sat together and just jammed whatever they felt like....they were laughing and talking and it was so great to hear all the different styles old and new come together......then they stood up to play and john finally took his guitar strap off his shoulder, kinda did a bow like 'i'm not worthy to be out here' waved, and left :( .....

the artists that completely gave me goose bumps.....well james taylor was mellow but his voice was so pure and his songs were so beautiful....the crowd was screaming and clapping so hard for him and he played 3 songs about north carolina which made nick scream 'chapel hill' each time.......santana was unbelievable, he played one song that gave me goose bumps......then eric clapton, oh man.....we were all going nuts......but let me tell you when zz top came out the place went crazy...... :lol: omg they were so good......

so after about 8 hrs standing up there, screaming, singing, partying, dancing......they ended the show early cuz they heard there was a tornado near by.....thought there'd be a riot at first..cuz after zz top most of the artists were going to come out and play together....but i was happy w what we got to see.....

they filmed both days so i'm wondering if it's gonna be on a dvd someday.....we screamed at that camera when it landed on us so many times we're gonna look like party fools if they don't edit us out :lol:

hope that wasn't too long or boring.....it's almost like it was a dream, but i know we'll never see all those artists again at one time.....oh and i got my camera in but only had one roll on me.....so i took what i could mostly from the screen they had up cuz there were so many heads moving in front of me and i figured that'd be better than 24 messed up shots......

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:11 am

Nayer, I was wondering when you'd grace us with another fabulous review. :P

"In my mind I'm goin' to Caroliiiiiiiina!" :wub: Aww, I would have LOVED to see James! And GOD that's a lineup! :blink: I didn't realize how many amazing people you'd see. And John onstage with all those legends. That must have been one of the highlights of his career for him. :nod: And what do you know? John can't resist you! Two seconds here, two seconds there, at that rate he'll never be done with you. :lol:

Glad your hotel was amazing! Especially after being on your feet all day with loud music and the boys :P it must have been nice to go back to.

I hope to GOD that guy emails you! Nayer without concert pics just isn't right. :nono: And I also hope we get to see you rocking out on a DVD someday. :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:21 am

<span style='color:blue'>:jawdrop: That's unbelievable!!! I can't imagine even seeing ONE of those artists, let alone ALL of them at once! And uh, I can't even point out one that could top the others...:wacko:

And K-2's right...you'll never be a "look over once" girl to John. :P And just imagine...a Slut on a DVD that's not Girls Gone Wild. ^_^</span>

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:48 pm

:o Wow!!!! Sounds like you had an amazing time, who wouldn't there? B)
I'll have to tell my brothers about that festival, they'd be over the moon if they ever got to go to a festival like that with so many amazing guitarists

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:13 pm

:P there's a ton of pics on wireimage.com.....but you have to type in john mayer or another artists name from the show cuz when i put in 'crossroads guitar festival' nothing came up :huh: ......but there's lots of john ones.... B) guess it's cuz i typed in his name

Return to “NSYNC”