New Harry Potter Book Info!

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:54 am

thought you guys would like this:

New Harry Potter book gets name

The sixth Harry Potter book is to be called Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

J K Rowling revealed the new name on her official website - but by way of a complicated set of clues that only hardened fans would fathom.

After the latest in a long line of hoax titles came out on the same day she revealed the real title, she said 'super-bright fans' would know her title was genuine because it was once considered as an alternative title for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Referring to the hoax, which claimed the book had had a last minute change of name to 'The Pillar of Storge' because she had been 'found out', Rowling says: "I nearly fell off my chair giggling when I read about this."

However as a bonus to appease those she feels may have been fooled by all the different stories, she reveals that the half blood prince referred to in the title is neither Harry himself nor Voldemort.

She also promises to reveal more information in stages as the still unfinished book is completed.

And she hints that anyone wanting to know how the series will end may need to re-read the Chamber of Secrets, the second book in the series.

"Certain crucial pieces of information in book six were originally planned for 'Chamber of Secrets', but very early on (first draft of Chamber) I realised that this information's proper home was book six," she says.

"I have said before now that 'Chamber' holds some very important clues to the ultimate end of the series."

ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_1004865.html?menu=entertainment.celebritiessite here

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:43 am

Oh wow, thanks for posting this H! :hug:

That's got me so excited which is kinda pointless cuz it'll probably come out in like, two years. :lol: :(

Interesting title :thinking: and I was just about to read book 2 after I'm done reading 4 again, now it just means I have to take notes. :P

Which reminds me to tell you girls that her daughter is definetely coming to my school and my friend talked to JK and asked her if Harry Potter was based on Virgil, she said 'no'. :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:13 pm

<span style='color:blue'>:crazyjump: This just means it's that much closer to coming out! I think the Prince will be Malfoy...what do you think? :lol:

Oh yeah...and 4th movie news!

Harry's "Goblet" Gets Going

Mon Jun 28, 5:10 PM ET Add Movies - E! Online to My Yahoo!

By Josh Grossberg

The Hogwarts Express is heading out again.

Goblet of Fire is being shot at England's Leavesden Studios and is being helmed by Mike Newell, whose credits include Four Weddings and a Funeral, Donnie Brasco and the recent Mona Lisa Smile (news - web sites). The film is being produced by David Heyman and features a script by Steve Kloves, who masterfully adapted all three previous installments.

Potter's troika of young stars, Daniel Radcliffe (Harry), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) are once again on board. This time the action takes place during their fourth year at Hogwart's School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, a term in which the lightning-scarred boy magician will encounter his greatest challenge yet--taking part in the life-threatening inter-school Triwizard Competition.

As usual, the movie will feature a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, this one named Mad-Eye Moody, who will be played by Brendan Gleeson (Troy (news - web sites), Cold Mountain (news - web sites)).

Other new additions to the cast include Robert Pattinson as Harry's heroic rival, Cedric Diggory, Stanislav Ianevski as Quidditch star Viktor Krum, Clemence Poesy as Fleur Delacour, Katie Leung as Harry's new crush, Cho Chang, and Francese De La Tour as Madame Maxime, the Headmistress of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic.

Returning to their respective parts are Tom Felton, the young actor who plays Harry's nemesis, Draco Malfoy, along with Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid), Michael Gambon (Professor Albus Dumbledore), Maggie Smith (Professor McGonagall), Alan Rickman (Professor Snape), Gary Oldman (Sirius Black), Timothy Spall (Peter Pettigrew) and Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy).

One major role yet to be cast, however, is Voldemort--the wizarding world's ultimate practitioner of the dark arts and Harry's arch-enemy, who finally reveals himself in Goblet of Fire (not including the fleshy bloated face that pops out the back of Professor Quirrell's head in The Sorcerer's Stone).

According to London's Daily Mirror, producers are in talks with Ralph Fiennes (news) to play You Know Who once the actor wraps The Constant Gardener opposite Rachel Weisz currently shooting in Kenya.

Fiennes is a fine choice to play the villainous Voldemort, having earned an Oscar nomination for his work as a Nazi thug in Schindler's List and played the serial killer serial known as the Tooth Fairy in 2002's Silence of the Lambs prequel Red Dragon.

There's a hitch, however. Reportedly Fiennes isn't sure he wants to commit to at least three additional Potter installments, which will likely feature Voldemort.

But if all goes accordingly, Fiennes could be on the Leavesden set by the end of the year

Meanwhile, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azhaban--the Alfonso Cuarn-directed third film in the franchise, which received overwhelmingly praise from critics as the best of the three--has so far grossed more than $211 million domestically in four weeks of release. The film is projected to fall short of the $261 million and $303 million in ticket sales respectively generated by its predecessors, 2002's Chamber of Secrets and 2001's Sorcerer's Stone.

Goblet of Fire is scheduled to hit theaters in November 2005.

I hope that Ralph decides to do it. :yay: And I thought his name was Ray? :confused: :lol:

</span>

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:33 pm

IMAX release for Harry Potter

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is to be released in IMAX cinemas next month.

The digitally-remastered IMAX version of the movie will be released on Monday, July 19.

It will be shown at the National Museum of Photography, Film & Television in Bradford, the Science Museum and the bfi in London, The Printworks in Manchester and Bristol's IMAX Theatre.

Alfonso Cuaron, who directed the movie, said: "We are very excited to bring the magic and adventure of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban to life on the giant IMAX screen.

"The breathtaking IMAX format brings a whole new perspective to this magical story."

Coltrane hates being in make-up

Harry Potter star Robbie Coltrane says he hates spending so much time being made up for his part as hairy Rubeus Hagrid.

Coltrane plays the giant Hogwarts caretaker in the new Potter film - The Prisoner of Azkaban.

He said: "It's revolting having your face covered in glue. It's a horrible, horrible thing and the only downside of these wonderful films for me.

"It also means that kids never recognise me. They just know Hagrid - and I am buried under tons of make-up, beard and costume."

Coltrane, who has appeared in all three Potter films, also says he's noticed big changes in his young co-stars, reports The Sun.

He said: "On the first movie, Daniel Radcliffe was like this big puppy dog. He was everywhere and wanting to know everything.

"Now he's telling us why things are done and how equipment works. He's amassed a huge amount of knowledge. And he's a real actor now. These Potter movies are just the beginning of his career if that's what he wants."

Harry Potter star would like to be a rock star

Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe says if he could really wave a magic wand, he'd love to be a rock star.

But he says he'd doesn't want to end up like his hero, Libertines star Pete Doherty, who's hooked on drugs.

He told The Sun: "I'd love to play in a rock band. But given that Pete Doherty has been in The Priory, I think I have got the better deal. I don't want to end up in rehab."

The actor added: "The Libertines are still the best band in Britain and I can't wait to hear the new album. They are riding the crest of a wave of brilliant British music and they will go down in history as one of the best bands of our generation.

"I hope Pete gets better and gets back together with the band. It would be a crime if they didn't carry on."

Daniel was speaking to the paper at the aftershow party for the premiere of the new movie, The Prisoner of Azkaban.

Harry Potter could die in final book

Daniel Radcliffe, who plays Harry Potter, says his character may be killed off in the final book of the series.

The 14-year-old actor believes it's the only way author JK Rowling can bump off his arch-enemy Lord Voldemort.

Daniel said: "I've always had the suspicion that Harry might die. He and Voldemort have the same core. I think the only way Voldemort can die is if Harry dies as well."

Voldemort, known as the Dark Lord, murdered Harry's parents James and Lily and has tried repeatedly to kill him too.

Daniel, speaking to Radio 1's Jo Whiley, said he may be too old to play Harry in future, reports The Sun. The final two books in the seven-book series have yet to be written and Daniel could be verging on adulthood by the time they are filmed.

The star, from West London, admitted he would not want to see anyone else in the role. He said: "It will be difficult to see someone else play the part. It's a possibility."

Daniel also says he's a big rock fan and wants to be in a band.

Harry Potter star auditioned as a woman

Harry Potter star Rupert Grint has admitted he stunned casting directors when he first auditioned for the films - by dressing up as a woman.

The teenager, who plays Potter's best friend Ron Weasley, wanted to ensure he stood out among the thousands of children auditioning for the coveted role, so he assumed the image of his female drama teacher in his audition tape.

According to Teenhollywood Rupert said: "I dressed as my drama teacher in my audition tape and did a rap. Unfortunately she was a girl so it involved wearing a skirt.

"I know Ron isn't a girl but I wanted to get noticed and show I was versatile."

The latest Harry Potter film The Prisoner of Azkaban will hit UK cinemas on May 31.

Harry Potter stars to outgrow characters?

The director and producer of the new Harry Potter film have clashed over whether the stars will outgrow their characters.

Director Alfonso Cuaron believes the film's teenage stars will stay in their roles for the full seven-film series.

But producer David Heyman reckons the films will be unable to keep pace with the books and will need younger stars.

Daniel Radcliffe, who plays Harry, Rupert Grint, as Ron, and Emma Watson, who plays Hermione, have already begun work on the fourth film, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

And Cuaron said he thought it would be "priceless" if the three stars continued their roles until the end of the seven-story series.

"Right now they're doing number four. There's only three more to go. I just hope they keep the same cast for the whole thing," he said.

"So far, they're holding up very good, the way that they are ageing. I don't think Dan is going to get way much taller or suddenly grow another eye. Same with Emma, and Rupert is OK."

But Heyman says he thought it doubtful whether the trio would to star in the fifth film, The Order of the Phoenix.

"There will come a point when one, two or all three of them will move on. I don't know when that will be - with the fifth, sixth or seventh movies - but it's inevitable," he said.

Harry Potter ages one year with each of J. K. Rowling's books, but film-makers have been unable to keep pace, with a two-year gap between the second film, The Chamber of Secrets, and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

yeah so, slight harry potter post going on here :P

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:40 pm

I was trying to work out who it could be... who is a half blood? Other than Hermione... and well she's a girl so she can't be a prince. :lol:

I'd love too see it at the IMAX... damn for not living in England. <_<

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:11 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Hermione isn't a half blood though is she? I mean BOTH of her parents are muggles. I think it will be Malfoy because they really haven't talked about his mom have they? :confused: :shug: Whoever it is...:yay:</span>

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:06 pm

I JUST got back from seeing HP3 in IMAX. :ph34r: :lol: It was amazing.

And thanks for all the news. :wub:

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:29 am

justins bubbles wrote: <span style='color:blue'>Hermione isn't a half blood though is she?</span>

You're right, stupid me! :lol: It could be someone older maybe, what about Lupin or Snape we don't really know much about them... either way the thought of a new book :yay:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:04 pm

<span style='color:blue'> :o Oooooohhhhh SNAPE!!! It could be him because they still haven't really explained why in the most important times he's protecting Harry. :confused: And I want to know why (well, I know why) he turned against Voldermort! I found the end of book 5 so good! I was like "GO SNAPE!!" :rofl: I hope you know what I'm talking about. :lol: I don't want to come out and say b/c of people who haven't read it yet. :lol:</span>

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:10 am

justins bubbles wrote: <span style='color:blue'>I found the end of book 5 so good! I was like "GO SNAPE!!" :rofl: I hope you know what I'm talking about. :lol: </span>

^ is it that part about Snape's memory?? :unsure: :lol:

anyways, i'm getting all excited now that JK revealed the title of Book 6. i heard some rumors that the HBP could be Mark Evans, the kid Dudley beat up at the start of Book 5. Reasons why he was a "suspect": 1. he has the same surname as Lily (Evans), Harry's mother 2. he's turned 11, just in time to go to Hogwarts.

hmm.. :thinking: but knowing JK, it could be anyone. :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:29 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Damn Tenn! I don't even remember this kid let alone all that info! That could be it! But who would he be to Harry? A cousin? </span>

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:26 pm

Do you think it could be Nevile? WIth his parents in St Mungos he could not have known. That would be awesome. I love Nevile

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:49 pm

<span style='color:blue'>He sure did get ugly in this last movie. :blink: </span>

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:45 pm

justins bubbles wrote: <span style='color:blue'>He sure did get ugly in this last movie. :blink: </span>

^ true. i thought, isn't neville supposed to be chubby? :lol:

But who would he be to Harry? A cousin?

^ probably, they could be related.. but who knows.. until the Book comes out.. 48 years from now. :no: :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:30 am

<span style='color:blue'>I love how you capitalized 'book'. :lol: Now it's THE BOOK! *cues thunder*</span>

vickitori303
Supreme Member

Postby vickitori303 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:47 pm

i think its just another name for voldemort cause he is a mudblood, his dad was a muggle and his mom was a witch. and im not quite sure where the prince thing comes from but it sorta makes since.

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:29 am

<span style='color:blue'>But I thought it wasn't Harry OR Voldemort? :shrug: I'm all about it being Snape. :lol: </span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:17 am

Go Snape! :lol: **Beware if you haven't read book 5 yet :P - Wait when Harry's seeing Snape's memory, doesn't he see Snape's parents fighting? Maybe they were bickering because one was a wizard and one was not and they just found or something. :shrug:** Ah, I've started reading it again good thing too because I'm already forgetting things. :lol:

Oh yeah and Bubs is right, JK said it's neither Harry or Voldermort. :huh:

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:26 am

JK said that neither Voldemort nor Harry were the half blood prince so it can't be one of them.

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:33 am

what they said. :lol:

hasn't anyone read any other book? like the da vinci code or something? :D

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:16 am

I have read the DaVinci Code, Angels & Demons, Digital Fortress, and Deception Point, all by Dan Brown. I loved all of them however TDC is my favorite. I can't wait to see the movie.

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:40 pm

well, i haven't read any of dan brown's books but i've heard the da vinci code is really good. :lol:

what i have read is the artemis fowl series by eoin colfer, and the first book of "a series of unfortunate events" by lemony snicket. the latter will have a movie.. featuring Jim Carrey as Count Olaf. i bet that'll be great. ^_^

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:24 am

I've read the Artemis Fowl books aswell, if you like those books and Harry Potter you'll probably like Garth Nix's series, the first one is called Sabriel and there are two others, they're all really good. :nod:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:18 pm

:blink: omg.... i didn't realize how much i had forgotten about the last HP book until i started reading this post.... :nervous: i think it's time to read again. :nod:

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:06 pm

thanks claire, i'll look into those books. :D

i can't re-read my Book 5, it's currently under loan. <_< :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:54 am

<span style='color:blue'>I've read Angels & Demons and am now awaiting to get my hands on TDC. :D </span>

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:14 am

Bubs I think you will enjoy TDC. I loved A&D especially since it took place in and around that Vatican which I actually have been to so it made it really awesome to be able to know where everything is taking place in reality.

TDC is one of my favorite books- let me know what you think.

Return to “NSYNC”