Message From John

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:39 pm

Haven't been to L-83 in awhile and ran across this....

Happy new year!!! Hope you’re all healthy and happy and stocked up on boredom. I’m only just beginning to figure out where the hell I am lately. It’s almost like I woke up after a 4 year dream and now I’m 27, but I don’t have as much to show for it as you’d think. Career stuff, sure, but I’m not even considering that right now. I’m just trying to find that “bloomâ€￾ as a person. Trying to live a normal life without emotionally relying on the fact that I’m an artist, or that I can just get on the road and leave my problems behind. I’m playing with the same rules as the rest of the world now, and I love it.

So I’ll be taking some time off from touring, but not from playing and thinking about music. I’m taking advantage of all the opportunity I’ve earned in the last few years by playing on some other people’s albums. Just finished a track I wrote and recorded with Herbie Hancock for his upcoming CD, and I’ll be on a couple of cuts on John Scofield’s next disc. Lots of other stuff, too, but I’ll let you find out on your own. As for the fate of my next album, I won’t take too long before giving you something new to listen to. I just know all too well that once you press the “startâ€￾ button, the ride doesn’t stop for 18 months.

I don’t have that much more to report on. Just hanging out, deconstructing my playing so that I can put it together even better than before, and living life as a person. A person who happens to be a musician. I hope you have an amazing year, and that you discover so many new people, places and things. Nouns, I guess. Discover more nouns. I have to tell you, I can see the CONTINUUM of life lately. I can feel how the whole arc comes and goes in the blink of an eye. 27 turns into 35, 45, 55, 65, Geritol. Lately I’ve been playing with numbers, how 1985 was 20 years ago, so if you copy and paste your life from 85 to now, you’ll be 47, if you’re 27 today. Sometimes that seems long, sometimes it seems short. I don’t know. I saw “Garden Stateâ€￾ the other night, and it set me perfectly straight. Being lost is sexy. My life has been its most boring when I don’t feel like I’m looking for something. And I’m looking for a whole hell of a lot right now. You should be, too.

Love, love, love, love, love, love... And thank you.

JM
---------

have to say....those 20 yrs seemed short to me....in fact, it's still 85 isn't it? :blink:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:42 pm

another one...i'm bored

vh1.com/news/articles/1495325/20050105/mayer_john.jhtml?headlines=true&_requestid=77471http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1495325/2...requestid=77471

John Mayer Plans To 'Close Up Shop On Acoustic Sensitive'

Singer/songwriter delays going into studio due to success of 'Daughters.'

by Corey Moss

John Mayer (file) (Photo: Getty Images)

LOS ANGELES — After touring for a year and a half behind Heavier Things, John Mayer couldn't wait to start recording his third album. Then something happened on the way to the studio.

"Daughters," the third single from the album, took off at radio, becoming Mayer's biggest hit since "Bigger Than My Body."

"That's the way songs go: Whatever happens, you just gotta be there and have your bags packed," Mayer said. "Every song I put on a record could be a single and I just pack my bags for it ... and the minute it takes off, I'm not gonna be home for a while."

Instead, Mayer launched a promotional tour of interviews and performances and then hit the radio-station festival circuit. He even launched his own VH1 show, "John Mayer Has a TV Show," and now he's looking at a winter tour.

That's not to say, however, that Mayer isn't still excited for his next album, which he promises will be a departure (see "John Mayer Going Back To The Lab To Get His Music Where He Wants It To Be" ).

"My next record, I'm closing up shop on acoustic sensitive and I'm gonna go to electric guitar and make something else happen," he said. "I'm bored, man, [singing,] 'I miss your kiss so much.' Truth is, I don't.

"I'm trying everything I can not to be jaded 'cause I don't like jaded musicians," he continued. "But slowly, as I get older, the radio's on and I go, 'What the f--- is that? How did that get on the radio?' It's not music out there right now. That's why, to me, hip-hop is where rock used to be."

So is Mayer going hip-hop? It's possible. After all, he and Kanye West have collaborated on West's new album and are talking about doing more (see "Kanye West And John Mayer Collaborate But Won't Elaborate").

"I just like collaborating," Mayer said. "There's so many inspiring people out there. It's hard to realize how long you can go without being inspired as a musician. I just wanna tell so many musicians, like, 'Man, you spend all that time trying clothes on. Spend all the time listening to some stuff.' "

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:13 am

<span style='color:blue'>Lol @ nouns. I love the way he looks at the world. I would have never thought to say anything he does. Ever. But oh well, I guess I will be just as content listening instead of talking. ^_^

I'm glad he's taking time out to find something. Maybe it will lead him to Oklahoma. I hear people do a lot of 'finding' here. He could find me, for instance. Ah, that would be the day.

I'll keep y'all updated. :lol: </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:37 pm

I'm glad he's taking time out to find something. Maybe it will lead him to Oklahoma. I hear people do a lot of 'finding' here. He could find me, for instance. Ah, that would be the day
:lol: :hug: oh how i've missed ya!

...course his route to oklahoma should take him thru the carolinas and if that's the case, well :thinking: he might be finding you a little later cuz i've got all kinds of nouns to share w him :smokin:

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:20 pm

Shame Scotland's not en route. :lol:

I read this the other day. I just got back from seeing 'Garden State', for the second time, I think it's my favourite film of '04. ^_^ It's nice to know John is lost too, just like everyone else. :P

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:52 pm

hey claire! i love garden state...that's one i had to go out and buy :P i think we're all lost a bit...well, ok....maybe i'm a bit more so than others B)

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:16 pm

renee wrote: i've got all kinds of nouns to share w him :smokin:

<span style='color:blue'>Nayer... I don't think what you'd be sharing would be nouns... many verbs I believe. :lol: But I do believe that Twister mat and baby oil are both nouns... </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:49 am

But I do believe that Twister mat and baby oil are both nouns...
:shrug: and body parts....

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:16 am

he might be finding you a little later cuz i've got all kinds of nouns to share w him

:rofl: that was a gooooooooood one!! :rofl:

btw i had a nookie john dream the other nite.... is was odd.... dreamed i dropped in to see him on tour on his b-day... bought him his own bus - totally customized, like "pimp my winnebago" or something. :lol: he was happy... and gave me good nookie in a shower on board the new bus, but come to think of it, that size shower would have never physically fit in a bus like that. :confused: ah well... it was good shower up against the wall nookie, so who cares about logistics? :shrug:

ooh! and i rented "garden state" a few days ago. thought it would be too dark, but i ended up really liking it. i want the soundtrack. :)

btw... speaking of cd's -- who bought the limited release live cd (as/is) off the web? i got it for xmas! :P my husband actually payed attention to my list this year!! :lol: anyway, i LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is one of my top faves of my gifts this season! i swear i'm gonna wear it out! i'm diggin' "inner city blues" (make me wanna holler) - the marvin gaye cover... and ooooooooooooh my god -- the live version of "home life" with that cool little improv part.....

take my hand.....
look me in the eyes and try to understand...

i'm a good man
when i'm standin' still on two legs

i'm a good man
and i think that's why i stick around
but we both know
in a week or so...

i call you up from someplace
all selfish and arrogant and then i...
ask you how you're doin' and be so caught up in my own stuff...

and i will sense the weakness in you cuz
you've been stayin' in the same house in the same room
lookin' around at all my stuff and...

speakin' for me and sayin'
"we don't know where he is."

and you'll hang up the phone and you'll
lay in the bed and i'll
hang up the phone and i'll go out instead
and i'll be thinkin' of you but you won't know it
cuz your brain won't let you hide it...

and all of your friends at work they'll tell you
that i'm strayin' i'm strayin'
and you...
you're just a stupid lunatic for stayin'
but i know...

i'm in the middle of nowhere
fifty miles to nothin behind me
fifty miles to somethin' in front of me
layin' in my bunk
homesick and car sick and....
music sick and...

dreamin' 'bout the homelife and
dreamin' 'bout my whole life
dreamin' 'bout makin' you my wife

and dreamin' 'bout the homelife....
oh i come back for the homelife....
just me and you and the homlife i promised
someday soon...

:drool:

oh god... i wish i could have had eye sex with him during that.... :drool:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:58 am

:lol: you and your up against the wall sex....still think you should write a how to on having dreams....i had one two nights ago...but no nookie....i opened a door or john opened it...we locked eyes and in the dream his face was right up to mine and i couldn't even blink...then the next thing i know is i'm hiding, peeking out at him in these rooms, not wanting to speak to him and feeling stupid :blink: is that possible? :lol: and that was it.....

oh i love garden state and had to buy it when it came out...i want the soundtrack now too....

i love that part of 'home life' john sings....did you see him on carson when he described how after sex he finds himself bored, looking up at the ceiling thinking about a tv show or whatever...that no one keeps his attention and i thought, "oh john, you lie" :lol:

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:31 am

hey eveyone! :wave:

i really want the garden state soundtrack too! but living in little old scotland hardly any copies were imported so they've all sold out! :( i really love the song that plays right at the end of the film called 'let go' ^_^

i'm dying to hear the as/is cd's but it turns out that they won't send them to the uk. :( just my luck, eh? :lol: i think john has a secret grudge against me. :P

has anyone heard john's live cover of david gray's 'babylon'? i've only head a clip but wow, his voice... i love how john takes something so good and always manages to make it so much better :wub:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:21 pm

:huh: i'm not sure if i've heard babylon...it sounds familiar though

everytime i hear john do a cover i swear i like it better than the original version...i love his cover of 'old love' by eric clapton!

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:29 pm

david gray is a british artist so that might be why, i should send you his song though, it's really good. :nod:

i love his 'old love' too! and also the cover of radiohead's (another british act) 'kid a', i think it was on the same cd as tracing. ah, i just love anything he does... he can do no wrong! :lol:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:33 pm

yeah the radiohead cover is on the tracing cd....that was a good one too!

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:59 pm

did you see him on carson when he described how after sex he finds himself bored, looking up at the ceiling thinking about a tv show or whatever...that no one keeps his attention and i thought, "oh john, you lie"

i didn't see that, but OH! :huh: how sad is THAT? he just hasn't had a good enough woman to hold his interest. :no: that's why i'm starting to save cash in the bottom of my undies drawer for the next tour so i can finally sit in the front row!!!! and let me say this... i won't just settle for eye sex either! :nono: no one can keep his attention, my ass!!! :bootyshake:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i really love the song that plays right at the end of the film called 'let go'
oooooooooh! me too!! that's the one that actually made me want to go out and buy the cd! :thumbup:

i'm dying to hear the as/is cd's but it turns out that they won't send them to the uk.  just my luck, eh?  i think john has a secret grudge against me.

i could burn you a copy... :)

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:58 pm

well with :bootyshake: in his face i'm sure he won't settle for just eye sex :lol:

:ph34r: i was gonna offer to burn mine...i was :blink: , but i've just learned how to find the site and download into my computer....i'm not in the burning 101 class yet :lol: but one day.....watch out world!

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:05 am

<span style='color:blue'> :blink: nay i have no idas waht you're talking about. </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:40 am

nay i have no idas waht you're talking about.
:lol: a little of the sauce and not reading the previous page could make that a bit of a problem for ya bubs

:unsure: how are you feeling today? :P

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:22 am

Wow, I just obsessed about Garden State in the last thread without even knowing that the Sluts and John were obsessing over hurr. :lol:

Oh, John. :wub: I haven't listened to him a loooonnnggg while... I'm John-sick. I STILL don't have the As/Is. I'm thinking of burning it. I'm becoming a burning fiend. I mean, I do NOT want to pay for things off of ITunes when I can get them free off of Limewire. And it's a pain to buy CDs if the songs are just going to end up on my IPod and the actual CD lost. :shrug:

He wouldn't be bored with me because there would be no "after". We'd just keep going over and over again. :drool:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:12 am

:o katie?...is that you....our katie?......where have you been?.....i've missed you :(

i actually went awile w/o hearing john too...well except for old tapes i'v got....then i started getting the download bug and trying to find songs live that i don't have on any of the cd's.....there's this one with howie day where john plays the electric guitar....it's called sorry, so sorry......i love that song and in the middle of it is a guitar solo.....then there's other songs where they say john live and it's not even him :huh:

anyway....hey katie! :hug:

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:37 am

lancesgrl wrote:i could burn you a copy... :)

!!!!! Would that be too big of a favour to ask? :huh: I just feel bad because I can never send you girls anything good in return! :(

I find I'm pretty much always listening to John because I'll look at my cd collection and realise I'm not in the mood to listen to anything there, except him... I'm always in the mood for John, does that make sense? :lol:

K2! :wave: :blowkiss:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:25 pm

no problem! and don't worry! i feel the same way you do about never sending stuff to anyone either.... but this is a good opportunity to start, i suppose. :D i'll try to get it done this weekend. :thumbup:

so k2! :hug: it's good to see you! :yay: we've missed you lots! :blowkiss:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:49 pm

Awww! :wave: :wub:

I've gotten my Mayer fix this weekend. I downloaded EVERYTHING John onto my IPod and then listened to him the whole drive from CT back to MA. :)

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:08 am

:hug: katie.....i want my mayer fix too AND i want to listen to all his songs... :shrug: i just want it all...

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:52 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Yeah, John and I have been kinda in the dumps. What the HELL is wrong with me? I'm like, blah, suddenly. Well, Chris and I have been very cozy. :lol: I was actually watching AGT the other night in bed and Josh was like "John Mayer sucks blah blah blah..." so I put in my Dashboard DVD. :shrug:

Oh. Josh was not in bed w/ me. Just on the phone. :lol:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:02 pm

I was actually watching AGT the other night in bed and Josh was like "John Mayer sucks blah blah blah..." so I put in my Dashboard DVD.
:huh:

Oh. Josh was not in bed w/ me. Just on the phone
;)

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:01 pm

<span style='color:blue'> :lol: What?</span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:55 pm

justins bubbles wrote:<span style='color:blue'>I was actually watching AGT the other night in bed and Josh was like "John Mayer sucks blah blah blah..."

</span>

:mellow: dump him. now. :mellow:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:56 pm

;)

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:02 am

<span style='color:blue'>No kidding. He told me he'd rather watch Ryan Cabrera. I was like, "I can't believe you just said that. That's not even cool." :no:

And can't really be a dumper... there's nothing to be dumped. :lol:</span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:48 pm

:huh: oh. well. then just hit him the next time you see him. hit him hard. for me. :nod:

:lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:32 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Ahh! :lol: He had a party the other night and I couldn't go because I was studying... and I TOLD him that. Then around 2 he was like "thanks for coming." <_< What part of I AM STUDYING FOR A TEST don't you understand?

BUT on a WONDERFUL note! My friend was giving blood today and who was beside her? None other than my wonderful ERIC! AND he was telling his friends how HIM AND HIS GIRLFRIEND ARE NO LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazyjump: Going to a party of his tonight. :pray:</span>

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:14 am

<span style='color:blue'>:lonely: Hi.

Well, I went to the party. First of all, Eric had to be picked up from the bar and who gets volunteered to ride w/ Casey over there to get him? Yes. Me. On the way over there I told Casey, "This is really embarrassing, you know." He said, "You'll be alright." lol But then when Eric opened the door I said hi, kinda like I was embarrassed but surprise! lol He was like "Hey!" ;)

Then at the party, I was first to play beer pong, against who? Yes, Eric. Let me just say that Shiner Boch is the nastiest stuff I have ever tasted. lol It was going fine until me and my friend just suddenly got drunk. :wacko: We saw Eric talking to his friend Sam and Trinity was like "Let's go talk to them!" So, I was like "Uh, okay." Well, we were standing by the back door and these HUGE flakes of snow started falling. Trin then goes, "I've always wanted to make out in the snow!" That's when I was somewhat knocked sober and saw what was coming next. After hitting her side and saying "Trin, stop, now," she leaned over to Eric and said "Sharry wants to make out in the snow!" :headache: I was thinking "omigod omigod omigod she did not just say that." I stood there acting like I didn't hear, but totally embarrassed, he looked at me and said "We need to talk." :yell:

So, we go out on the porch and I'm just kinda watching these huge flakes fall... so pretty. Perfect movie snow kiss snow. Anyway, I'm just standing there and he goes "You know I have a girlfriend."

Me: I know.
E: I'm sorry.
Me: You don't have to apologize about that. It's nothing to be sorry for.
E: I know, I just feel bad. I can't cheat on her.
Me: I know, I don't want you to either.
E: But I'll tell you that when we first met, that night we took shots on the porch, I didn't have a girlfriend. :huh: :heartbreaker:
Me: Well that pisses me off more than anything. lol
E: And things are kinda sh**ty now (w/ his gf), but if things do get too sh**ty to where I can't handle it anymore, I'll be there.
Me: I know.
E: No, I'm serious. I'll be there.
*pause b/c I really can't think or breathe right now*
E: You're not mad are you? We're cool?
Me: Yeah, of course.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :cry: I've been SO sad all say it's insane. I just want to go back to that night we met! But Trin is like "he likes you!" And I'm like, eh. Not enough to break up with his girlfriend though! I had to lighten my night by realizing that he remembers the night we met. :P

But yes. That was that. Then I went to hang out with Josh. Blah. Buttface. :lol:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:03 pm

:( aww bubs...don't be sad. just the fact that he has feelings for you seems to be an indication that things can't be going so well for him and his girlfriend and at least you know that he's not a cheater....time will take it's own course...hang in there :hug:

she leaned over to Eric and said "Sharry wants to make out in the snow!"
:ph34r: <-------that would be me

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:55 pm

<span style='color:blue'> That's what everyone is saying, so yay. No one has been like "Oh... ;) I'm sorry." :lol: And no one really seems to see what he sees in his girlfriend. But I'm not like that... Not at all... :whistle:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:19 am

But I'm not like that... Not at all...
:hug: i know you're not... ;) :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:10 am

<span style='color:blue'>:lonely: I just want to see him. :( </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:13 pm

:hug: you will...you will....

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:24 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Can I just point out all his bad traits? He smokes. He drinks. He cusses like a f***in' sailor. I don't even think he goes to class. And he has a girlfriend that isn't me. :lol:

Is it sad that I think all but the last one are completely hot? :confused:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:45 pm

when the love bug bites and all..... :shrug:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:58 pm

<span style='color:blue'>True... true. I wish our pic was at a better angle... I'd at least try to post it. :lol:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:33 am

what do yo mean a better angle? :lol: :thinking:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:26 pm

<span style='color:blue'>We were standing and the person who took it was sitting. ;) Wasn't really thinking of that at the time...

nay. :nono:</span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:10 pm

renee wrote:what do yo mean a better angle? :lol:  :thinking:

:lol: :lol: :lol: and she says she was FORCED to be part of the slut crew!! puh-leeze! :rolleyes: :lol:

aw bubs.... sorry things aren't going the way you want them. :( but nay is right... just hang in there and let things unfold the way they were meant to unfold.

she leaned over to Eric and said "Sharry wants to make out in the snow!"

oh no she did not say that!!! i would've wanted to fall in a hole. :ph34r: how embarrassing!!! you know.... carrying some masking tape just in case your drinking buddy of choice gets chatty might not be bad advice for me to give you! :lol: :lol: OR if you find that isn't quite necessary, a good roll of tape can still come in handy if things DO end up going your way with a hottie at a party.... :thinking: :nod:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:43 pm

:lick:

Return to “NSYNC”