What'd Ya Get For X-mas?

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:33 am

just curious about what everybody got for christmas.... now that it is jan 11th and christmas seems ages ago... :rolleyes: :lol: but this is the first opportunity i've had to ask! :D

as i mentioned, i got the AS/IS cd and LOVE IT! definitely made my top two for favorite gifts. :nod: got some other random stuff too, cuz most of the gift giving was for the kiddos this year. ooh! i got the latest shopoholic book "shopoholic and sister." (-- i think it was k2 that got me started on those.) i've already finished it and used a gift card i got for barnes and noble to buy sophie kinsella's other book (not based on the becky bloomwood-brandon character) "can you keep a secret?" -- which i'm already half thru within less than 24 hours of buying it. :lol: i should just get a library card and save my cash. :lol: oh! and i got season one of The O.C. on dvd. :yay: and random little stuff, as i said.

what about y'all? :D

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:41 am

:wave: hey katie! i read both those books too and i know what you mean...you pick them up and before you realize it you're done....i love it when you find a book you love and you can keep reading about the same character...i'm reading "always the bridesmaid' by whitney lyles now...just randomly picked it out at barnes and noble cuz i wanted the same kinda fun easy reading book..it always depends on my mood...and i'm enjoying it a lot.....

we had a good christmas cuz everyone was home and mom flew in for a couple of wks....bob got me a computer because ours was completely gone except for email occasionly, but of course sammy feels like it's her gift too! it's certainly not top of the line or anything but compared to the monster i had before it's great...sleek and actually kinda pretty :huh: (see how much i know bout computers) and it's got the flat panel monitor which takes up so much less room on the desk..... :lol: sammy said bob looked like he was in shock after they bought it....that's so bob!

i love the blues numbers on the as/is cd and i just downloaded 'hummingbird'....it was talked about awhile back and i never had the chance to hear it...i'm now looking into john's shows they have up, trying to pick out songs live i haven't heard or ones he just never plays that much anymore....like 'covered in rain'...i only heard him do that live the very first time i saw him and have been wanting to hear it again ever since.....

how's your cuties? how'd ashley react to her first christmas?

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:22 pm

:yay: a computer!!! :yay: i had been wondering about that! i had two theories... that you did finally get a new one or had taken up permanent residence at the library!! :lol:

i love the blues stuff too! in fact, the "blues intro" is zach's favorite part of that cd. one day it was on in the car and he said "is that still john mayer?" and i told him yes and he said "i think this is my new favorite thing he does." and i'm thinking "how much cooler can this kid get as far as his music taste?!" he amazes me. :nod: i'm going to download a bunch of good bluesy stuff off limewire and make him a cd. :)

ashley did christmas like a pro. even when it came to unwrapping presents, she was a quick learner! i had no idea she'd be so good at paper ripping!! :lol: both kids got pretty much everything they could want.... except for zach because everything he saw advertised on tv between dec 1st and dec 24th he said "woah!! i'm asking santa for THAT!" :rolleyes:

ooh! and i forgot to say that i finally got a digital camera! :yay: now i won't be wasting so much money on crappy photos. i totally suck at taking pictures, so that's why i wanted one that i could see what kind of pic i took in advance! :) pretty cool. :D

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:41 pm

ashley did christmas like a pro....i had no idea she'd be so good at paper ripping!!
:lol: that's our girl!

can you imagine zach by the time he reaches his teens? he's gonna be a musical connoisseur....with great taste at that ;)

that's the next thing i've been dreaming of...a digital camera...even though i've finally got my 35mm down pat....enjoy yours and tell me how you like it....and we all expect pics from now on :P

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:11 am

<span style='color:blue'>I got Aladdin on DVD which is all I really wanted. But not so secrestly I wanted the OC too... but I didn't get it. :(

I got a pea coat and the Green day CD/ also Lohan's Cd if you haven't checked out my xanga it's at the bottom of my sig: love the lohan lol</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:32 am

i want green day's cd...did you see them on carson's show last night? they played for 10 mins straight and did an awesome job :)

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:59 pm

So many posts! :yay: I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT NAYER'S COMPUTER.

I'm glad to hear that your Christmases were great... especially for Ashley and Zach and the other kiddos. :P

K1, you're going to freak. I ALSO got the Shopaholic for Christmas and used MY Barnes and Noble gift certificate to get Can You Keep a Secret? :blink: We're seriously the same person. :lol: Besides that I got my IPod which has been FANTASTIC. I can't believe my entire music collection can be in that tiny little thing! Speaking of music, I got the Garden State soundtrack which has fast become one of my favorite albums. The movies great too if you haven't seen it. Hmm, oh yeah, and the expected Red Sox WORLD SERIES CHAMPS shirts, DVDs, framed pictures, etc. :D

Zach has QUITE the ear for good music. Get a guitar in that kids hands, K1. Could we possibly have the next John on our hands? :P

... my Secret Slut present from 2003 should be in the mail any day now. :ph34r:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:19 am

:huh: all i wanted was a new computer...til k1 mentioned a digital camera...now you and bubs mentioned ipods and i really want one of those too :lol: don't want much do i

i loved all the shopaholic books and can you keep a secret...just got bergdorf blondes and man :blink: talk about some of those superficial ny chicks...one example, they wouldn't dream of speaking to a girl at a party if she was wearing last seasons manolas :blink:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:47 pm

lancechica4 wrote:
K1, you're going to freak. I ALSO got the Shopaholic for Christmas and used MY Barnes and Noble gift certificate to get Can You Keep a Secret? :blink: We're seriously the same person. :lol:

:blink: wow. you and i are living in a total parallel universe, k2. :lol: remember when i had that dream about coming to visit you and remembering that in the dream that the walls were painted yellow... and then you said you were going to be repainting your room and it was going to be yellow? :nervous: weeeeeeeeeeeird. :o

nay... the digital camera is pretty cool, altho i have to admit... i've taken all the pictures that it'll let me take, but i'm scurred to go develop them cuz i know i'll look like a dumbass at the little machine thingy. :lol: :lol: i have no idea how to do it! one of these days i guess i'll buck up and just get it done. :lol: my dad just flew back to california a couple of days ago and will hopefully remember to bring me the rest of the stuff that goes to the camera. then i can post some pics for everyone. :D oh, and on the subject of books, i went to the mall on monday and saw that waldenbooks was going out of business! so i go in and cruise over to 30% off in the fiction section and stop.... and think to myself "oh my god... i have NO idea what to buy. i wish i could call nay." :lol: i sat on the floor for awhile and read thru some. i ended up with one called "angel" (can't remember the author and the book is downstairs) and the other is "angry housewives" (again, don't remember off hand who wrote it, but it sounded like it might be good). i really wanted something along the lines of a shopoholic type book tho.... lately i feel the need to laugh as much as possible. :lol:

Zach has QUITE the ear for good music. Get a guitar in that kids hands, K1. Could we possibly have the next John on our hands?

oh i really hope so. i need to start him on some lessons at some point. right now he wants to play tee ball cuz all the boys he is friends with in his class are going to play. but soon... very soon... i'll push him toward his mayerdom. :nod: and then look out! :lol:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:59 pm

:lol: aww katie you can call me anytime for titles.....those two i mentioned were pretty good (always the bridesmaid and bergdorf blondes) cuz i wanted something to make me laugh too and on the same lines as shopaholic.....

omg guys i wish you could hear nick play the guitar....acoustic or electric his sounds are amazing...and he's writing a bunch of his own songs...i swear when he's home it's so comforting listening to him play :wub: he's still my baby...

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:16 pm

:wub: awww... i feel the same way about zach. he'll always be my baby no matter how old he is. :P did nick take guitar lessons or is he self-taught? what age was he when he started seriously playing? i'm afraid to start zach too early because he is going thru this total "quitter" phase. :rolleyes: example... he's been bugging and bugging me to take him roller skating - so i did. twelve bucks and 35 minutes later he wanted to leave. <_< because he wasn't good at it IMMEDIATELY, he wanted to quit. :rolleyes: i'm signing him up for tee ball and told him that he WILL finish, so he had better be sure he wants to play and will stick with it for the season. my parents were always big on the principle that if you joined a team, you didn't quit. you had to keep with it and do the best you could until the end. so i guess that's why i am the way i am with zach. :shrug: oh well. ugh... i hope this is a short phase. it is reeeally driving me nuts! :wacko:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:42 am

aww i think it's awesome that zach wants to try different things..by doing that zach's going to find something he loves and doesn't want to quit, though i completely understand about the time and money that's put out is sometimes more than how long the interest lasts....we were the same as far as...if you want to try then go for it, but once you join a team or whatever you gotta see it thru til the end of that season...

nick was about 14 or 15 when he said he wanted an electric guitar...we got him a cheap one and just let him do his thing with it...which was in the beginning a lot of unrecognizable sounds...then something happened, he began to sound like the music he was listening to-he never went one day w/o playing, then he started cking out different chords and really listening to different guitarists....he bought a better electric guitar and then for christmas a couple of years ago we got him an ovation legend accoustic and i swear he's just taken off...he'll sit for hours playing and he studies, listens to and goes to so many shows just to hear the sounds...he'll play and i'll go, "who's that?" and he'll say, "just something i made up"...i know this is a whole mom commentary, but he's really good and now he's thinking about changing his major to music engineering...but not a lot of schools have it....

when we went to dallas for that guitar festival he knew every song and the history of every musician there...he just made it more fun being there and you know how much i love music to begin with....yeah i think it's amazing watching your kids click into something they love and pursue it...that's why from all i've heard about zach it's gonna be a blast seeing him go after his dreams...and somehow i just think music's going to be a big part of his life too.....

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:06 pm

<span style='color:blue'>I tried to take up the guitar my senior year. ;) My best friend tried to teach me, but he got bored. :lol: Plus, I had too much other stuff going on to have any time for it, so yeah, that sucked.

But on the book note, I've been reading the Marian Keyes books (Lucy Sullivan's Getting Married, Last Chance Saloon). They're so witty and smart... y'all should check them out as well. Other than that, I haven't been on a reading spree. I've seen books that I want to read, but I just can't do it. I guess I'm prepping for when HP6 comes out. :crazyjump:

K1, Zach's the coolest kid ever. :lol: He's already going to be a hottie, especially with Mayer and baseball under his belt.

:blink: Wish I had Mayer under my belt. :P </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:45 pm

thanks bubs...the author's name sounds familiar to me, but i haven't heard of those titles...but....i'm writing them down and will ck them out cuz i'm about done w bergdorf blondes and i'm literally creeping thru the last pages til i can get out tomorrow for a new book...

those are two books right or is that one title :huh: are they a series to be read in a certain order? :lol: ignore me

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:37 pm

:) ok ckd out the 'marion keyes' books on amazon and wanted to let you guys know if you're interested that you can click on pages of any of her titiles and read portions of the book....plus they've got her used books for under a dollar to just over a couple of bucks....

bubs looked over bout 5 of her books they all look good and now i'm just confused to which ones to pick.... :huh: and i kept trying to find a title that looked familiar to me cuz i swear i've read one of her books before :unsure:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:28 pm

<span style='color:blue'>If any, read Last Chance Saloon. :nod: It's so good! But as I said, I read Lucy and I believe I've read another, but I can't think of which. My sister is a huge fan and just got her whole collection over Christmas. And all I wanted was Seth and Ryan. <_< </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:30 pm

:( no one got you seth and ryan?

ok can you believe i was gonna buy 'last chance saloon' but it was kinda dog eared and it was the only one, so i got 'rachel's holiday' by keyes...think i'm gonna order more of her books and some of the other ones i was looking at online cuz i think i can get the used ones that are in good shape cheaper......

i'll let you know how this one is though :)

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:42 am

ooh!! that's it! marian keyes is the author of the book i'm reading, "angels." i couldn't remember her name the first time i was typing. :P it is pretty funny so far. :) i almost bought "last chance saloon" - that waldenbooks i was talking about had a whole huge row of her books, so i just said screw it and picked one. :shrug:

and btw... i got seth and ryan for christmas. :ph34r: well, sort of. they're in a nice, shiny little box on my dvd shelf waiting to be played with over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.... and again and again and again..... :P

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:41 pm

i'm about 7 chapters into 'rachel's holiday' it's cute so far...but why is it that i keep thinking in the back of my head now...should i have waited and tried 'last chance saloon' first?...oh katie i saw 'angels' too..but like you there were all her books lined in a row and i was getting confused :unsure:

i also got 'i do, but i don't' by cara lockwood :shrug:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:43 pm

Can I just say that I am in love with all the Abs kiddos?! :wub:

I tried to pick up guitar but it's hopeless. I have the smallest hands ever. :(

I need to start reading things other than textbooks... :unsure:

HARRY POTTER 6!!!! Can't wait. Harry's supposed to have more of a love life in this one. I wish HP wasn't a children's series because I want Harry to get it on so bad. :lol:

I miss you guys. The board is alive and kicking yet somehow I just can't get over here as much as I'd like. Like right now I'd love to sit down and write a huge long reply but I've procrastinated long enough on this paper. :kiss:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:16 am

:hug: we miss you too katie and i say screw the papers :shrug:...ok mayerbe not, but give up a lunch or something to get back here soon :P

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:46 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Man I suck. I haven't been doing anything but homework. :headache:

Okay. That's a big fat hairy lie. :lol:

I wanna make out with Eric. :lonely:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:10 pm

I wanna make out with Eric
i say just go for it :shrug: :smokin:

bout half way thru 'rachel's vacation' and it's getting pretty good...at first i thought it was going to be a full out funny story...then it hit me, ok..maybe not...and that confused my brain a bit :huh: but now i'm getting hooked on rachel's journey...there are funny parts was just surprised at how intense it gets at times...but i like it

rating so far :) :) :)

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:08 am

I miss you guys. The board is alive and kicking yet somehow I just can't get over here as much as I'd like.

i know exactly how you feel, k2. :nod: but as long as we check in as much as possible and do the best we can -- that's what counts! :hug:

HP6! :yay: i am SO ready for that! but don't we still have a pretty long wait for that one tho? :( and k2... shame on you.... :nono: wanting to read about harry getting it on... <_< :huh: :unsure: :thinking: well.... actually.... maybe i do too. :blink: :ph34r: :lol:

i'm about mid-way thru "angels" and the main character finally got laid. :lol: i was wondering if that would ever happen. it was funny cuz i was reading this one part when she's wishing that the guy she just had sex with last nite would show up at her door so they could have sex all day... blah blah blah... then there's a knock at the door and she says something like "did i conjure him up by thinking too much about him? could it be troy? standing there with a pistol in his pocket?" and i read it again and thought "wha? what is she talking about? why would he have a gun?" and then... DUH! :rolleyes: :rofl: heeeeellllllllllloooo! so my next thought.... "damn! i've been away from the sluts too long! i should've gotten that reference IMMEDIATELY!!! :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:59 am

<span style='color:blue'>How could you misinterpret that? :lol:</span>

HP6!  i am SO ready for that! but don't we still have a pretty long wait for that one tho?

<span style='color:blue'>Only 167 more days, K1! :lol: </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:01 pm

:lol: the whole pistol thing got by me...

man, i've got to step it up cuz i still have to read HP4 :huh:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:45 pm

justins bubbles wrote: <span style='color:blue'>How could you misinterpret that? :lol:</span>

:shrug: it was a momentary lapse of slut reasoning. it won't happen again. :nono:

Only 167 more days, K1!

:yay:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:22 pm

:huh: 167 days...that means i've got 167 days to read all the other books i want to get my hands on and HP4&5....

almost done with 'rachel's vacation' and it just keeps growing on me more and more....so it's up to :) :) :) :) now...

saw denise richard's on conan (a repeat from before the elections) and he said she was in "i do, but i don't' on A&E....that's the title of the other book i have and i'm wondering if the two are the same? :shrug:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:57 am

<span style='color:blue'>:shrug:

163 more days! :yay:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:53 pm

:blink: the counting down of days is really getting me nervous now.....

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:53 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Well start reading! I just picked up "He's Just Not That Into You." ;) </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:21 am

oh...let me know how it is

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:09 am

<span style='color:blue'>I thought it was going to be like a "Okay, I'm a loser" kinda thing... but really it's like "oh, that's nice to know before hand... THEY'RE the loser!" haha In other words, my and Eric's situation isn't in there. :lol:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:19 pm

that's cuz, "he IS that into you"

:thinking: i'm feeling a new bubs book....

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:21 pm

<span style='color:blue'>I need to pick up "How to make him break up with his girlfriend" book. :lol: </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:05 pm

:lol: or you could always buy him one of those 'for dummies' books on "how to break up with my girlfriend who i don't really like so i can date sharry who i can't stop thinking about" :shrug: just a thought...

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:57 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Chapter 1... JUST DUMP HER AND COME TO ME! :yell:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:38 am

CHAPTER 2: DO YOU STILL HAVE SHARRY ON THE BRAIN? THEN GO BACK TO CH 1....

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:25 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Chapter 3: If you've gotten to this chapter, you're not getting the point.</span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:14 pm

Chapter 4: HELLLLLLLLLLLOOOOO Dipshiit!?!? Move Your Ass or Lose Her Forever!

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:42 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Chapter 5: She's going to marry Justin Timberlake anyway. <_< </span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:30 pm

Chapter 6: And His Ass Is MUCH Finer Than Yours

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:06 pm

Chapter 7: You Would Have Saved Yourself A Lot Of Time If You'd Just Skipped To Ch 5

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:16 am

<span style='color:blue'>Chapter 8: But there's still a little hope for a little romp in the pool house. :unsure:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:45 pm

Chapeter 9: Wanna Romp? Get Your Ass Back To Chapter 1

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:28 am

<span style='color:blue'>I swear there were more pages to this thread... :unsure: ;)

Eh... on with the show...

CHAPTER 10: NO ONE EVEN THINKS YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS CUTE! :P </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:57 pm

Chapter 11: If You've Reached This Chapter Then You Might Be Hopeless <_<

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:55 am

<span style='color:blue'>CHAPTER 12: THIS THE AUTHOR. WHAT THE HELL? </span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:49 pm

Chapter 13: Psychoses Brought On By "Bubs Nookie" Deprivation.

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:34 pm

<span style='color:blue'>No sh**. <_< </span>

Return to “NSYNC”