One Great Night....

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:12 pm

ok....so this is my concert story i told you all i'd post....i'll try not to babble on too much :huh:

on my b'day a card arrived from nick addressed "mom" :lol: ...inside were tickets to see robert randolph and the family band....we had seen him at the dallas festival this past summer and i fell in love w this guy! :wub:

he was playing at the small venue where i saw john for the first time so it was standing room only or the upstairs balcony...we get there and work our way right up to the stage.....the place was packed and everyone went crazy when randolph came out...omg he's so much fun to watch and listen to...and he is absolutely adorable...has the cutest smile on his face the whole time he plays....he did a ton of his own stuff plus covers from hendrix, zz top, doobie brothers, led zepplin, black sabbath...all acoustic with his 13 string slide guitar...the guys even switched off and randolph would play drums and acoustic guitar......

i swear i had a smile on my face the whole time all the while dancing and bouncing my head w everyone else....so then he asks if the girls would like to jump up on stage and there goes my sammy :lol: she almost put her cheek next to him for a pic opportunity and then all the girls were just dancing on stage....of course there had to be two girls who had to do a hoochie dance all up in front of him...

it was like this intimate party happening.....then he asks for a guitar player and we were all pointing to nick, but randolph was on the other end of the stage looking out...then all of a sudden he looked down our way and walked over to nick and said, get on up here....so the technician handed nick a guitar and he started playing with the band...randolph was talking in his hear saying, "go for an E...oh i LIKE THAT and now try a D...YEAH" :lol:

OMG we were going nuts and i was trying so hard to take in everything in that moment as i snapped a ton of pics...people around us were going, he's doing great and i was like 'that's my son!" :lol: they did that guy hug thing when they were done and randolph came over to the mic and said give it up for nick lewis from chapel hill...when nick was done he went out the back part of the stage and people were waiting for him saying, "who are you?, that was awesome man!" and when he got back to where we were standing people were slapping him on his back and ryan his best friend was screaming he was so happy...sammy said she started to get all choked up when nick was up there and then ryan just grabbed her and they were jumping up and down screaming....i know randolph does this a lot but you still can't help getting caught up in the moment when it's someone you know up there...

so anyway the band played from 10 to 1:30 w two encores, each one 30 minutes long...i had a blast and i swear it's those small intimate places that have more meaning to me...it was the same way when john played there...the crowd becomes so much a part of the whole show.....we left and there were people waiting outside going up to nick and shaking his hand...we got into the car and it was a toss up of just babbling all at once or just all of us going man, sh**, omg! that was the best show!

so you all have to ck out robert randolph, but if you can try to find something on dvd cuz he not only sounds great he just has this happy presence about him....that is one guy that has found his calling and is loving every moment of it.....

:ph34r: a bit long huh?.....sorry for the gushing...it was just one of those special moments

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:35 pm

<span style='color:blue'> :o Man! That sounds like a blast! I can't wait for my Mraz show b/c I just FEEL that it's going to be my "OMG GUESS WHAT HAPPENED!" show. :nod: nayer, you always have the BEST concert stories... I'm jealous. :P You're lil Nicky is a celebrity! :lol:

1 month and 3 days til Mraz! </span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:38 am

:o nay!! that is so COOL! :o i don't blame you for writing long about the whole nite! i would be too! :P what an awesome experience for nick, sammy and you! :D i love performers who do stuff like that in their shows... it's tells their fans that they're not so full of themselves like a lot of musicians. i'm glad you had such a fabulous time!! :wub:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:01 am

:) it really was a night of fun...i sent you guys email pics of nick and sammy...they're from shutterfly so i don't know if you all will skip by them thinking they're junk mail :(

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:09 am

i still have it in mail. i'll probably open it all tomorrow cuz it's getting late and i'm getting sleeeeeeeepy. -_-

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:24 am

sleep tight...i'm going thru one of my insomniac nights and i'm too restless to just sit and read or watch a movie...i hate nites like this <_<

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:41 am

<span style='color:blue'>I got the pics the other day and just now have time (not really, just delaying more homework) to post! :lol: Nick looks just like I imagined! :lol: And I seriously laughed out loud when I saw the one of Sammy posing! :lol: That was cute! It looked like you had a great time. :) </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:17 am

:lol: yeah my sammy's such a poser and you'd think she was so shy if you met her...but put on some music, get her onstage and someone else takes over....and nick is just nick...comfortable in his own skin...notice the reddish hair? i think he's katie's son ;)

the only thing that bumbed me out was the pics of them came out blury...cuz i think i was jumping up and down and laughing when i clicked away....

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:06 am

<span style='color:blue'> :lol: They reminding me of the fairy John pics. :lol:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:19 pm

:lol: that's what i thought...that soul glow...must be the love of music :thinking: would i have that glow if someone took a pic of me next to john...the love of john soul glow and all :blink:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:46 pm

:wub:

Nayer, you already got my imediate reaction in the email but reading the whole story made me so happy again!! ^_^

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:09 pm

:ph34r: i know i over write my stories a bit, ok a lot...but yeah it was one of those 'always remember' moments....

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:21 pm

Nayer, have you ever read one of MY reviews?! They're twice as long and nothing as amazing as Nick and Sammy on stage ever happens! :lol: :kiss:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:25 pm

:lol: yeah but you got a 'winky and a wiggle wave' from mraz...and everytime one of you guys writes a review no matter how long it is i think it's so much fun to read and it actually makes sense...mine are a rambling mess cuz i get too excited and too many thoughts are going on in my head.....

next we get to hear bubs account of her show and i can't wait!

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:44 pm

Oh but that's what I love about yours. It conveys the concert state of mind... jumbled and happy. ^_^

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:56 am

:lol:
jumbled and happy
well that's certainly 'nay's state-of-mind' at a show...i bet if someone took a pic of me watching a show i'd have this gawd awful jumbled dork look on my face...

the night would go something like this: B) :dance: :headbanger: :blink: :lol: :blink: :o :bootyshake: :blink: :huh: :P :blink: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :ph34r:

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:44 pm

You forgot the :drool:! And the :phonecall:! That's the closest I could find to a camera. A concert call perhaps? :lol:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:08 pm

:lol: they need a drool coming off this guy :wacko: and i forgot about the cell for those all important concert calls....i remember when sammy saw justin in fl w christina and she called me at the beg of the show...the phone i had at the time could be put on speaker phone and i turned that on and listened to the whole show! it was great...would've prefered to be there, but it was still great :)

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:27 am

<span style='color:blue'>Aww, concert calls. :wub: They're the best. :nod:</span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:29 pm

aww! :wub: i did a concert call for jason from the rodeo a few weeks ago. :P we saw the steve miller band and since zach is a big fan, i took him instead. :lol: nice, huh? :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:27 am

<span style='color:blue'>Once again, Zach is the coolest kid EVER! :wub:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:27 pm

nick loves the steve miller band too! and zach is cool B)

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:29 pm

:o omg!!!!!!!! I WAS ABLE TO POST!...i really didn't think it'd work... :)

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:22 pm

:yay: nay!!! you posted!! you're back you're back you're back!!!! :yay: :hug:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:04 pm

:o me back? you're back kaite!.... :( now watch...no one else'll come back for awhile

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:09 pm

<span style='color:blue'>I'm here. :nod:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:52 pm

:hug: bubs!........... :( but now you're gone

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:40 am

<span style='color:blue'>I'm gone? I'm always im'ing you and you're never there! :lol:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:43 pm

:ph34r: that's cuz the computer's always on and i'm usually not at it...sammy's to blame :lol: yeah blame sammy...i see your "hi's" too late...sorry

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:46 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Alright... I'm blaming Sammy. :nono:</span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:02 pm

:lol: it's like the new sprint commercial...'just blame sammy'

Return to “NSYNC”