Mayer Update...

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri May 06, 2005 10:42 pm

from the new Rolling Stone:

"I'm ready to shake it all up,"says John Mayer, who dropped by the Smokin Section's Home Office in New York to elaborate on his recent collabos with Common and Kanye, discuss his next record and share plans for his new blues-based band, the John Mayer Trio.

"I'm gonna go out in the fall with the trio and just play," he says. "power rockin',electric guitar in your face blues. And we'll do a live album."

Meanwhile,Mayer has been an in-demand guest for his heroes:He has recorded with Eric Clapton and Buddy Guy for their upcoming albums,and he'll be performing at Bonnaroo in June with Herbie Hancock's reunited Seventies funk jazz group, the Headhunters.

As for Mayer's next studio album, Continuum, it won't be out until early 2006. "They are tunes that live on guitar," he says. "When it comes out,I may never win a Grammy again,I may never sell a million records again, but the world will get where I am coming from, I'm not afraid to lose it all."

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Fri May 06, 2005 10:49 pm

:o he's going out with the trio! maybe i'll get lucky and get a john fix if they end up down here! :D oh i hope.... :please:

the new album sounds interesting.... a little scary too. :ph34r: but seriously, i couldn't possibly hate anything john does. i think i'd buy a recording of him tuning his guitar while he scratched himself if there was such a thing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well, i would! :shrug:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri May 06, 2005 11:10 pm

got those live cd's finally....the one of him from 95 is strange cuz it sounds like he's trying to sound like someone else....

and the others are all jazzy and blues...i like his guitar playing but am not really into some of the songs...if they were mixed w more of his sound it might be ok....

haven't forgotten about burning them for you guys.... :ph34r: ...i'll get around to it :ph34r:

deedar
Supreme Member

Postby deedar » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:36 pm

hey nee! my husband just bought the 2nd season of dave chappell and i didn't know that him and john hung out togther quite a bit! john has a wacky side huh? :crazy:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:39 pm

hey dee! yeah john's wonderfully wacky....

Return to “NSYNC”