renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:35 pm

^you make me dizzy :blink: :lol:

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:31 pm

:lol:

well i probably wouldn't have as much time now. i just got employed. :crazyjump: :yay: :party: :dance: :D

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:18 pm

congrats on the new job! but somehow i don't see a job stopping you from reading a few books a day or it helping me to catch up with your reading :lol: don't know why i think this coughstillonhp5cough...i just do :blink:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:43 pm

hi everybody!!!! :wave: oh i just knew, even tho i hadn't been on abs in awhile, that there would be a post for hp6. of course, by now i finished it. it actually only took me a couple of days. i can never stop reading once a new one comes out. oooooooooh boy. and i can't even talk about the details till nay gets all caught up. :whistle: :lol:

i initially made the mistake of NOT reading hp5 again before starting 6, so i had to stop and do a quick read thru of 5 to remind myself of what all happened, especially in the department of ministry, the prophecy, etc. you know... i had this eerie feeling from the beginning of "half blood prince" that i knew who was going to croak this time... and i was correct. :( it was funny tho... i knew who it was going to be, but at the same time, i couldn't admit it to myself until it actually happened. good god that is neurotic, isn't it? :lol: :lol: sometimes i get WAAAY too involved in these things. :ph34r: :lol: one of my best friends (my old college roomie) reads the books too and she said she's equally as bad, so that makes me feel a little better. :lol: she has even gotten her husband to start reading (which i was surprised at - he's not the type. more like the sports illustrated man's man kind of guy)... i think he was just finishing hp4 when i went to visit them a couple of months ago. anyway, she told me that one day they were watching tv and a car drove by outside and backfired and her husband said "i think somebody just apparated." and then they died laughing... :rofl: so yeah... i'm not the only harry potter nutball. :D

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:43 pm

oooooooooh boy. and i can't even talk about the details till nay gets all caught up.  
:lol: patience is a virtue

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:09 am

"i think somebody just apparated."

^ :rofl: :rofl:

actually i got upset about the death as well.. but i didn't cry - i know some people did. and it took them about a week to recover. :ph34r:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:57 am

tennman wrote:
actually i got upset about the death as well.. but i didn't cry - i know some people did. and it took them about a week to recover. :ph34r:

no, i didn't cry either. i was like you, tenn... upset and sort of in shock too. i was reading it in bed that night and switched off the light after that part and just laid there thinking about what happened going "i absolutely can't believe it." it also bothered me that it happened the way it did... how it was written... maybe you know what i mean... i don't want to spoil it by saying too much. :ph34r: and also, i didn't really expect the ending to the book regarding what harry said he'd be doing the following year. :(

i don't know about anyone else, but even tho i'm really looking forward to book 7, i almost don't want to see it because i know everything is over. :( i just hope j.k. comes out with another series fairly soon after to fill the void for all of us hp freaks... altho i'm hard pressed to think that she could top harry. :wub: :P

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:19 pm

:blink: ooohhh...i almost read something i shouldn't have...ok, i kinda did read something, but i'm still not sure what or who you're talking about. i've gotta stay away from this post <_<

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:04 pm

I cried! I cried at ALL the deaths in the last 3. :lol:

I've started reading it again, I'm about half way through, I still think this book was one of the funniest HPs. Still :rofl: @ "Mollywobbles".

Tenn... I finished Bartimaeus too! :P At first I didn't like it but I really got into it and I read the second one too, which was also really good, almost the same size as HP tho, ahh ... is the third out yet? :lol:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:07 pm

JT Fan Girl wrote:
Still :rofl: @ "Mollywobbles".

:nod: i laughed at that too! :D

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:03 am

:shrug: have nothing to add...cuz i can't really read these posts...but it's my little way of being a part of this post :lol:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:36 pm

:rofl: nay! you crack me up!!! :P

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:38 pm

:laughup:

claire, bartimaeus 3 is already out. it's called "ptolemy's gate." and in paperback too. :D
and i've seen eldest (sequel to eragon), it's also in stores now.

i'll try to finish opal deception and buy bartimaeus 2 next week. since it's payday on monday. :P

and nay, having work does lessen my time for reading. when i come home, i'm usually too tired to read one whole chapter. -_-

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:26 am

Yeah, 'Ptolemy's Gate' just came out here last week and I just picked it up this week! I read some reviews and although people liked it, they weren't satisfied with its ending. :huh:

I hope when the last HP comes out I'll be more than satisfied with the ending! :unsure:

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:54 pm

finally, i'm reading Bartimaeus 2 right now. :yay:

btw, Artemis Fowl 3 is still the best in the series, i must say. ;)

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:39 pm

i have nothing to contribute on that subject because i have no idea what ya'll are talking about, but i wanted to say hi anyway. :wave: :blowkiss: :hug:

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:49 am

:laughup: hullo K1. :wave: :D

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:49 am

:rofl: Hey Katie! :hug:

How're you finding Bartimaeus 2 Tenn? I'm STILL reading the third one. :lol: I just haven't been reading much. :shrug:

And in other news the next Harry Potter movie comes out in like 14 days or something!!! :yay:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:08 pm

JT Fan Girl wrote: :rofl: Hey Katie! :hug:

And in other news the next Harry Potter movie comes out in like 14 days or something!!! :yay:

:wave: :D

i am SO excited about the movie!!! i think it comes out on nov. 15 here. :nod: :P

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:40 pm

oh i can't wait to see the movie and i've started reading 5 again...think i'm on ch 24 now :blink: ....i will finish this guys...i will.....i really like it...just not been reading lately....but i will finish it....soon? maybe not....but...i...will....finish...it..... :unsure:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:20 am

good for you, nay! :yay: i have all the confidence in the world in you! :D

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:12 pm

:P thanks katie...i figure as long as i con't to read a ittle bit each day it'll get me to the end and it keeps me wanting to pick up the book...it's when i put it down for too long that makes it hard for me to start it up again....but i'm on ch 27 now so that's good!

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:54 pm

How're you finding Bartimaeus 2 Tenn? I'm STILL reading the third one.  I just haven't been reading much.

^ the prologue was kinda exciting. but i'm still in chapter 4.. and i haven't been reading much as well. :unsure:

i guess if HP Book 7 came out, that wouldn't be the case. :lol:

yay, i'm going to see HP4 on Friday! :crazyjump:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:16 pm

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>this is BIG....MONUMENTAL!</span></span></span>

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>I FINISHED HP5!!!!.....YEP...BIG</span></span></span> :D

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:00 pm

What? When? How? :lol: Well done Nay! What did you think? You ready for HP6 now? :P

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:18 pm

:yay: wonderful news, nay!!! :D good job! B) now on to #6!!! i'll be interested to get your reaction on it. :nod:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:20 pm

:P i know everyone i've talked to seemed to love 4 the best and it was my favorite until i read 5...and even though 5 was frustrating at times cuz you just wanted to strangle umbridge sp? and the ministry for the way they acted and you had to watch harry go thru so much, i still walked away liking it the best so far...and yes i can't wait for 6...but first i need to read a couple of light-hearted/under 700 page books

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:18 am

:nod: i was glad to see umbridge get hers in the end. :D don't wait too long to start hp6 tho. it is amazing how many of the details go right out of your head. i didn't think i would have to re-read 5 before i started 6, but once i started and was almost to the end of the first chapter, i was like :blink:... and then the torture of having the new book sitting there and knowing i had to go back thru 5 again before i could find out what happened next was downright painful! :lol:

i'm planning to take zach to see hp4 at the movies this weekend. :) i'm so excited to see it! my mother in law told jason that this hp movie "wasn't for kids" and now he's trying to tell me that i shouldn't take him. :rolleyes: whatever. it's a good thing that i don't listen to my husband that often! :lol:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:54 pm

that did go thru my head katie about not waiting too long before i start 6...but i had to read something different first..i read 4 and 5 back to back....am reading undomestic goddess right now...not too far in to it yet...it's been hectic around here, but as soon as i've finished it i think i'll pick up 6....

i hope we'll get to see hp4 this wknd...mom's here and she doesn't really like sitting thru movies at the theatre and i hate to go out twice (we want to see walk the line too), leaving her behind and all...

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:11 am

i took zach to see it! :yay: it was so good... really intense for him, especially. :) he loved it and so did i. no complaints from me.... except mad eye moody's eye wasn't as good as i thought it would be. :lol: :lol: but other than that.... ;)

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:17 pm

ah...i can't wait to see hp...we did see walk the line and really enjoyed it. there just seemed to be a lot of charisma thru that camera lens and they did a great job singing

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:36 pm

lancesgrl wrote:no complaints from me.... except mad eye moody's eye wasn't as good as i thought it would be. :lol: :lol:

I agree! :lol: I loved it too... I want to see it again now! :nod:

Wish there had been a bit more of Rita Skeeter Vs. Hermione though! :lol:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:14 pm

JT Fan Girl wrote:
Wish there had been a bit more of Rita Skeeter Vs. Hermione though! :lol:

yeah.... i didn't think about that until you mentioned it, but you're right. :nod: i liked the actress who played rita. it was a good fit to the description of her in the book!

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:07 pm

cross your fingers...might be able to get out and see hp this wknd :)

katie have you read 'undomestic goddess' yet? i'm almost done and it's been a real easy, relaxing kinda read....next....hp 6!

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:20 am

<span style='color:blue'>With everything they took out (Winky and Dobby) they might as well have taken Rita out too! She had nothing to do with the story in the movie! lol But it was by far my favorite HP movie... Voldermort looked EXACTLY as I imagined... Ralph did amazing!

And now that he's kind of my guilty pleasure, Snape wasn't in it nearly as much as I wanted. lol And Mad-Eye's eye wasn't as good as I was thinking either Katie. Oh well... And I hope that Maggie Smith makes it for all 7 movies!! She's getting up there... :unsure: </span>

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:23 pm

i found myself worrying about maggie smith not finishing the films too, actually. it was hard enough adapting to a new dumbledore (which i really never have :( ). i don't think i could deal with a replacement for mcgonagal too. :no:

Return to “NSYNC”