Hp4 Discussion Thread!

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:44 am

Right... now where do we start? :lol:

Cho : hogwarts-gallery.org/hogwartsgallery/galleries/Films/MOV_YR4GOF/r_studio_chochangowl.jpghttp://www.hogwarts-gallery.org/hogwartsga...chochangowl.jpg She's Scottish! :P

Cedric : hogwarts-gallery.org/hogwartsgallery/galleries/Films/MOV_YR4GOF/r_studio_cedricrobes.jpghttp://www.hogwarts-gallery.org/hogwartsga...cedricrobes.jpg

Fleur : hogwarts-gallery.org/hogwartsgallery/galleries/Films/MOV_YR4GOF/r_trl_tease012.jpghttp://www.hogwarts-gallery.org/hogwartsga...rl_tease012.jpg

Krum : hogwarts-gallery.org/hogwartsgallery/galleries/Films/MOV_YR4GOF/r_film_krumlarge.jpghttp://www.hogwarts-gallery.org/hogwartsga...m_krumlarge.jpg

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:42 pm

for me, the girl playing fleur doesn't look part veela. :unsure:

it's been a long time since i read the book. is this the part where ron says "can i see uranus too?" or was that in book 3? :lol:

dumbledore's gleam of triumph.. what could it mean? :shrug:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:52 am

dumbledore's gleam of triumph.. what could it mean?
that's exactly what i thought...at first i thought i read it wrong, then it just stuck with me...please don't tell me he ends up bad...

if they have the ability to make someone tell the truth by doing whatever it is they do... :lol: can't remember the term...then why didn't they do that to all the witches/wizards who claimed they were innocent of helping voldemort and sent to azkaban? (did i spell that correctly?)

started reading #5 tonight! i thought 4 was the largest book :huh:

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:36 am

please don't tell me he ends up bad...

^ if that would be the case, i'd be like "wtf?" and i'd never read harry potter ever again. <_<

seriously though, that would be some really stupid twist to pull off. i mean - voldemort and dumbledore together can pretty much rule the world, and killing harry would be as easy as 1-2-3. no need for 7 books. :lol:

why didn't they do that to all the witches/wizards who claimed they were innocent of helping voldermont and sent to azkaban?

^ veritaserum you mean? :D well, i'm not totally sure but i think many dark wizards/ witches were granted "amnesties" by the ministry if they exposed (or named) other death eaters or something. also the ministry wanted to make an impression that they are totally in control, that voldemort is gone forever, and the death eaters are no more. it's not that they couldn't have done it, but they chose not to. they just acted as if everything's normal, when in fact some death eaters remained at large (look at lucius malfoy).

i thought 4 was the largest book

^ i know, but i like HP that way. :lol:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:36 am

i'm only about 5 chapters in to 5, but i'm hooked already...the way rowlings weaves these stories is amazing...how the ministry is in complete denial because they just can't face the possibility of voldemort being back and the means they're going to to assure everyone that all is ok...how she's developing percy's character in this...harry's growing anger and frustration...i'm so curious as to how the 'order of phoenix' and what seems like the growing split w the ministry will affect the storyline...eh there's so much more and i've only just begun reading...

i still think the secret lies in dumbledore...that he knows what harry's capable of but things have progressed sooner than later as far as voldemort goes and harry has yet to discover his full abilities...or something like that :lol:

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:54 pm

^ i agree. JK is a really skilled writer. and i love the humor. :nod:

i think i mostly have forgotten what happened in Book 4. and i don’t plan to re-read it for the movie. spoils the suspense. :lol:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:34 pm

i'm just glad that some time's elapsed since reading 4 and when i see the movie...l remember seeing movie 3 right after i read the book and was judging way too many things in the movie cuz they didn't line up order wise from the book.....

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:51 pm

i so love jk. :wub: it don't think i've read a series where i have been so attached to the characters. she is brilliant. and as far as the movies go, i swear that she and chris columbus share a brain. the movies are usually almost exactly how i pictured things in my head as i was reading... altho for some reason when i read the first book, i always pictured dudley dursley as a blond. :shrug: so that bothers me kind of... :lol:

cho chang is pretty... good thing. :nod: and krum.... holy moly!! :o no wonder hermione "snogged" him!!! :lol: :lol:

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:23 pm

:o :o

K1!! :wave: :D

the first HP movie is my fave. just thought i'd share that. :lol:

and i don't like the way "snog" sounds. i dunno. :ph34r:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:04 am

tennman wrote: :o :o

K1!! :wave: :D

the first HP movie is my fave. just thought i'd share that. :lol:

and i don't like the way "snog" sounds. i dunno. :ph34r:

hi tenn!!! :blowkiss: :hug:

i liked the first movie too, but since book 4 is my favorite book, i'm hoping that will ultimately be my favorite movie in the series as well. :)

"snog" does sound kind of... uh... risque, doesn't it? :o if the meaning hadn't been made obvious in the book, i think i might have interpreted it quite differently just hearing it in some other situation. :lol: maybe more like this --> :safesex: <-- :lol:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:17 pm

i loved 4, but i think 5's gonna top that for me.... :huh: of course i'm only half-way thru it...

"John and I snogged all night" :lol: brings a lot to the imagination

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:07 pm

This is so funny! I'm re-reading HP6 at the moment and I actually thought 'I wonder if she changed "snogging" to "making out"' because I know she alters bits for the USA books!

:lol: @ all your thoughts on snogging!

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:58 am

i didn't know she altered stuff for the u.s....that sucks, i'd much prefer to read all the british slang and all...

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:58 pm

i didn't know that either. :shrug: i agree with you, nay... i like reading the slang too.

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:10 am

:( i've not been reading lately...i hate when i do that

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:35 pm

<span style='color:blue'>I just watched the 4th trailer on comingsoon.com! It looks amazing!! I'm so excited even though I get disappointed when I'm this excited. :shrug: I'm not really diggin' Mad Eye's eye, but oh well.

Cho is so much prettier than I expected! And Krum is a lot more attractive than I planned to! I always imagined him to be very gruff and ruff looking...not cute at all. :lol:

It excites me to see what nay thinks about the books knowing what she has in store for her!! :P </span>

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:52 am

bubs...girly we don't see enough of you :(

It excites me to see what nay thinks about the books knowing what she has in store for her!!
:) me too...but i've got to get back to reading cuz i've hit a wall or something and i don't know why...i've loved 5 just as much if not more than 4........what's wrong w me? :blink:

the movie's coming out when? nov?.....can't wait!

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:42 pm

i can't wait either!!! :D i know i've said it before, but hp4 is my very favorite out of the whole series thus far. :nod: i don't think i'll be disappointed. maybe subconciously i keep my expectations very low with these movies or something, because i haven't been disappointed yet! :shrug: who knows!? :huh:

i'll have to check out moody's eye, bubs. now that you mentioned it, i know i saw it in the trailer, but now i can't remember what it looked like. :blink:

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:45 pm

i'm not feeling mr. moody either, i pictured him as "thin and frail looking." :lol:

the only trailer i've seen is the first one, i must say the dragon scene was great. i can't wait for the movie as well. :D

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:35 pm

hey... i wonder if nay has caught up on all of the hp books yet? :huh:

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:50 pm

^ i believe she's still in OotP. :nod:

unless she took a speed reading class.. :unsure: :lol: j/k

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:40 pm

tennman wrote: ^ i believe she's still in OotP. :nod:

unless she took a speed reading class.. :unsure: :lol: j/k

she may have.... you just never know about nay. :shrug: :P

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:12 am

:lol: just so you know...nay's not caught up yet :blink: ...actually haven't been reading at all lately...but my goal is to speed read it to the finish by the new year :P

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:52 am

go nay! you can do it! :strong: :P

Return to “NSYNC”