Jc Is Goin To Be Puttin Up Songs On The Net That

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:54 am

LINDA O`BRYON: 2003 was the year that digital music took its place as a thriving and legal business, and 2004 promises to hold more of the same. As Stephanie Woods reports, artists are gearing up to use the Internet to take their tunes to the public.

STEPHANIE WOODS, NIGHTLY BUSINESS REPORT CORRESPONDENT: Pop artist J.C. Chasez of the boy band `NSYNC is taking his solo album, "Schizophrenic," to the Web. His first stop is a session at America Online. Chasez wants to reach the tech-savvy listener.

J.C. CHASEZ, POP ARTIST: I`m one of those people that`s going to actually be putting music on the Internet, specifically designed music for the Internet. There are going to be songs of mine that I`m going to put on the Internet that won`t be on albums just because I want to cater to those computer-savvy people.

WOODS: AOL has linked up with Apple (AAPL) to offer members a way to pay for music off the Internet. Analysts credit Apple`s iTunes Web site and iPod player for creating a successful business model for paid music downloads. iTunes has sold more than 25 million songs since April. And more and more competition is coming online. Napster, which is now owned by Roxio (ROXI), is selling tracks. Musicmatch, Rhapsody, and even Wal-Mart (WMT) are all working to make Internet music profitable. All this is making artists more comfortable with putting their works on the Web.

CHASEZ: I think it`s cool, man. I think it`s a great gateway. I think it`s also a cool way for maybe people who would never normally get listened to, for people to be exposed to them.

WOODS: Exposure is what independent band Blufunk wanted for its first album, "First One Free," when it released it on the Web. The D.C.-based band is using the Web site CD Baby to market the album. The band says the Internet has already generated CD sales in London, Australia and Switzerland.

ADRIENNE PENEBRE, BLUFUNK: Where we are in the process is we`re really trying to find our audience. We know they`re out there, but we`re just trying to - you know, kind of, where are they? So using the Internet we`re able to do that.

WOODS: Blufunk may make the Internet an even more important part of its future. The group is considering putting it`s newest song on the Web before making its next album.

PENEBRE: We have a new song that we`re just playing now. And you know, I thought, well, maybe we should record it now instead of wait for our next album, maybe we should record it now and make it available now, and then also have it on our next album so people already start to get to know songs. And then you`re kind of teasing them so that when you come out with a physical product, it`s more attractive.

WOODS: Licensed online music distribution is still in its early stages. Blufunk is willing to give listeners of its next album the "First One Free," but the band wants people to pay for the rest. Stephanie Woods, NIGHTLY BUSINESS REPORT, Washington.

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:08 pm

<span style='color:blue'> :huh: Yay? :confused: :lol:</span>

patrick_star*
Ultra Member

Postby patrick_star* » Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:58 pm

cool....I'd rather hear the CD itself than songs that didn't make it....hint hint wink wink :) :D

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:29 am

<span style='color:blue'>^ I'm with you. :nod:</span>

Return to “Joshua Chasez”