Chasez Slams Nfl

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:02 pm

Posted on Thu, Feb. 05, 2004

Chasez Slams NFL for Pro Bowl Dumping
CHRISTY LEMIRE
Associated Press

NEW YORK - 'N Sync's JC Chasez unleashed a scathing indictment of the NFL on Thursday for yanking him from the Pro Bowl halftime show, then asking him to sing the national anthem instead following the unexpected breast display during the Super Bowl.

"I have had a great relationship with the NFL in the past and feel that I have been mistreated," Chasez said, adding that he's won't sing "The Star-Spangled Banner" before Sunday's annual all-star game in Honolulu.

The 27-year-old pop star initially was to have performed "Some Girls (Dance With Women)," off his upcoming album, at halftime.

After the Super Bowl halftime show - in which Chasez's bandmate, Justin Timberlake, tore off a piece of Janet Jackson's top, exposing her breast - the NFL reevaluated Chasez's planned performance.

The singer said in a statement that the NFL expressed concern over some of his lyrics and asked him to change his song choice to "Blowin' Me Up (With Her Love)" off the "Drumline" soundtrack.

That also proved problematic, because the latter song contains the words "horny" and "naughty," which Chasez said he reluctantly agreed to change. He was later removed from the halftime show entirely and replaced by hula dancers, drummers, conch shell blowers and local singers, who were to have been the pre-game entertainment.

However, the NFL still wanted him to sing the national anthem.

Brian McCarthy, a spokesman for the Pro Bowl, told The Associated Press by cell phone from Hawaii: "We saw what happened on Sunday, and Monday we took a look at what the performance would have been in terms of the music and dancing. We just felt it was inappropriate as we're being extremely cautious in light of what happened at the Super Bowl."

Chasez said in his statement: "While I agree the mishap at the Super Bowl was a huge mistake, the NFL's shallow effort to portray my music as sexually indecent brings to mind another era when innocent artists were smeared with a broad brush by insecure but powerful people. That's not the America I love. Nor is this the NFL I love. I'll sing the national anthem anytime, anywhere, but not for this NFL."

He also the criticized the league's leadership, saying it had "clearly become so disoriented it has reduced itself to bashing me and my music to divert attention from the fact that the NFL screwed up at the Super Bowl."

McCarthy's response: "We're not going to debate him. We made our decision and we're going to move on."

He said it was unclear who would sing the national anthem before Sunday's Pro Bowl.

--------------------------------
go JC :party:

boys mad

IDIDTHEJRT
Supreme Member

Postby IDIDTHEJRT » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:26 pm

OMG ok so i saw him on access hollywood and I wanted to cry... i feel soo bad for him, seriously that's such bullsh**, poor kid it has nothing to do with him... I'm writing a strongly worded letter lol

MaryL
Abstracts Royalty

Postby MaryL » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:31 pm

i don't blame him i'd be angry too he even sounded like he was mad on Ryan Seacrest's show

a tiny bit OT but i wish the NFL would say that because of the Super bowl they're dropping them instead of blaming it all on him (or his lyrics) heck Fefe Dobson was supposed to perform at Probowl and she was dropped as well why? she may not be the most popular person out right now but i know she doesn't have sex-related songs and now they're being replaced by

hula dancers, drummers, conch shell blowers and local singers

wtf??? :splat: :splat: :steaming: :steaming: i'm banning football from now on :lol: sorry had to get all that out

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:10 pm

OMG ok so i saw him on access hollywood and I wanted to cry... i feel soo bad for him, seriously that's such bullsh**, poor kid it has nothing to do with him... I'm writing a strongly worded letter lol

I didnt see it but hes supposedly looked really sad?
i feel so bad for him
he deserves all the promo he can get

and he gave up the damn grammys for this :angry:

IDIDTHEJRT
Supreme Member

Postby IDIDTHEJRT » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:01 am

yeah he was sad... he said that it's smearing his name and he doesn't appreciate it

lancechica4
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancechica4 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:22 am

I like him turning down the National Anthem. Slap em in the face, JC. :nod: I'm so pissed about this though. If Justin could have just kept his womanizing hands to him freaking self. <_<

Fefe Dobson. :thumbup:

tennman
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:57 am

poor JC. :no:

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:34 pm

:heartbreaker:

vickitori303
Supreme Member

Postby vickitori303 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:28 pm

I feel so bad for him :( . I heard him yesterday on the Ryan Seacrest show and he sounded so angry and like he was screwed over. It really isn't fair that one incident messes up everything else. Nobody has faith in people anymore. JC went through all these changes just to please the NFL people. He changed the songs he was supposed to sing to promote his album to sing his old hit 'blowin me up'. then he changed some lyrics in that song. he was going to send them video footage of the choreography, have the dancers wear nfl jerseys. it just really sucks. I heard he cancelled his appearance at the Grammys to do the ProBowl. :cry:

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:23 pm

im not sad anymore

hes gettin alotta attention for this :lol:

hes on AH, CNN and shti

this done him good :lol:

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:58 pm

IDIDTHEJRT wrote: OMG ok so i saw him on access hollywood and I wanted to cry... i feel soo bad for him, seriously that's such bullsh**, poor kid it has nothing to do with him... I'm writing a strongly worded letter lol

DAMN YOU IDID you stole my idea literally, I already told u how I was gonna write a strongly worded letter to the NFL... I'm pissed and I'm glad to see JC is too! Assholes...

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:39 pm

Good, JC should be given some attention. what they did to him is ridiculous, everyone should write a petition..& make the NFL shake in their boots.

Elfdreams

Postby Elfdreams » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:07 pm

I'm glad he's getting publicity too and it isn't all bad for him really, it isn't like he's done anything, I don't think anybody could agree with how they treated him on this, but still, it was a huge gig for him while he's in an important period of promotion. Ultimately he needs all the promo he can get, his music is good, I love it, and I would hate it if he didn't sell enough this time around and then it be his last. :(

WildOneBartender
Supreme Member

Postby WildOneBartender » Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:23 am

Errrrrrrrr I totally forgot he was on Ryan's show I missed it I am so mad at myself I am gonna have to start taping that show everyday like I used to. Plus no wonder he did not look happy at the grammy's I dont think he even smiled once when he was on camera. Joshy :::::::::::::::::::::hugs::::::::::::::: I sowwy.

Return to “Joshua Chasez”