Sf Chronicle Review

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:41 pm

<span style='color:darkblue'>from JJB. Thought I'd give ya a break Zoe. :D

JC CHASEZ

Snide comments about boy bands are officially tired. The boy bands themselves are all but over, at least until the next wave of tweeners comes of age. 'N Sync was the biggest of the bunch, and now it's clear why: The boys had actual talent. First, Justin Timberlake, whose surprising debut showed no credibility gap whatsoever. And now his fellow former Mouseketeer J.C. Chasez vaults onto a stage of his own with another undeniable solo debut. Chasez was ticked off when the NFL uninvited him from its halftime celebration at the Pro Bowl, fearing that his sexually charged songs would be too hot to handle in the wake of the Super Bowl boob-oo. In fact, the songs are almost single- mindedly sexy, from the one he was scheduled to perform, "Some Girls (Dance With Women)," to self-explanatory numbers like "Shake It" and the new wave-y "All Day Long." Almost all of them are plainly derivative, in a good way. The intense come-on and fierce guitar funk of "100 Ways" are 100 percent Prince; like Timberlake, Chasez has further fixations on vintage Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson. But there are hints that he has studied wider, too: "Everything You Want" is reggae the way the Police did it, and the bridge on "If You Were My Girl" features a knowing nod to the orgasm interlude of Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love." There's a whole lotta love on this record. No shortage of catchy pop, either. -- James Sullivan

His rating is the clapping-guy icon which is for "excellent"

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:50 pm

I'm so pleased for JC. :clap: The good reviews keep rolling in, and I say keep 'em coming. :nod: I can't wait to get this record! :crazyjump: JC. :wub:

Thanks for posting this Ash. :hug:

Elfdreams

Postby Elfdreams » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:30 pm

Woohoo! He really does deserve good reviews like this, the songs are awesome. :clap:

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:55 pm

yay woohoo! i love jc! lol good for him!

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:33 pm

<span style='color:blue'>I'm so proud!! :cry:</span>

Return to “Joshua Chasez”