'nsync's Jc Chasez Readies For The Club Circuit

*PrInC€š§~R¶*
Supreme Member
Location: uh...Mars...it's really hot over here...burning up!!

Postby *PrInC€š§~R¶* » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:12 pm

<span style='color:darkred'>'NSync member JC Chasez is set to embark in April on his second U.S. solo tour, an outing that's so far confirmed to touch down in 11 cities.

Chasez is backing his first solo album, "Schizophrenic," which hit stores last month. The set debuted at No. 17 on The Billboard 200, but it tumbled down to No. 82 in its second week.

The album's cover--which shows Chasez in a straitjacket--drew the ire of Bill MacPhee, the publisher of Schizophrenia Digest magazine. MacPhee claimed in the magazine that the title and cover image ignore "the U.S. Surgeon General's call on the entertainment industry to help eliminate stigma to address the public health crisis that exists."

Though Jive Records doesn't plan to change the album's title or cover, Chasez has issued a statement apologizing to those who might be offended. He claimed that the Merriam-Webster definition of schizophrenic--"contradictory or antagonistic qualities or attitudes"--was the basis for the title.

In a press release issued before the album was released, Chasez said: "The title comes from the different styles and attitudes that are on this album. It's gritty, it's noisy, and it is definitely not like anything I've done before."

The set includes the single "Some Girls (Dance with Women)," which features a guest appearance by rapper Dirt McGirt (a.k.a. Ol' Dirty Bastard).

Tour Itinerary

April 2004
19 - Anaheim, CA - House of Blues
21 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
22 - West Hollywood, CA - House of Blues
25 - San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore

May 2004
7 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues
8 - Pontiac, MI - Clutch Cargos
9 - Pittsburgh, PA - Chevrolet Amphitheatre at Station Square
10 - Scranton, PA - Staircase
12 - New York, NY - Roseland Ballroom
13 - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero
14 - Atlantic City, NJ - Trump Taj Mahal Xanadu Theater</span>

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:07 pm

<span style='color:red'>Whoo! :dance: NYC here I come!</span>

WildOneBartender
Supreme Member

Postby WildOneBartender » Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:32 am

Thats so sad that he did not sell that much records and hes touring clubs and not arena's like Justin did, I feel bad for him.

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:51 am

<span style='color:blueviolet'>I think it's cool. I like the club vibe MUCH more than big ass arenas where you have to bend over backwards to get to good seats. And then the sound usually sucks. :yay: for club shows! :thumbup:</span>

Return to “Joshua Chasez”