'N Sync's Chasez On Xmas Gifts, Football Playoffs

Bellerz
Ultra Member

Postby Bellerz » Tue Jan 09, 2001 5:49 pm

Thursday January 04 07:00 PM EST

(1/4/01, 6 p.m. ET) -

'N Sync singer was just one of the many musical superstars were on hand at the press conference announcing the nominees for the 43rd annual Grammy Awards. At the nominations, held Wednesday (January 3) at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, 'N Sync learned they're in the running for three Grammy Awards, including the record of the year award for the single 'Bye, Bye, Bye' from No Strings Attached.

LAUNCH asked Chasez how many 'N Sync marionettes in his likeness he gave away as Christmas gifts to his family. 'Oh, I didn't give any of those things, man,' he replied. 'My family's seen enough of my face, believe me.'

'N Sync and Aerosmith will perform at the halftime show for Super Bowl XXXV, while Sting and Styx will join Bon Jovi in the pre-game performances on January 28 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida.

Chasez tells LAUNCH that since his favorite football team, the Washington Redskins, didn't make it to the playoffs, he's hoping the Miami Dolphins will make it into to the Super Bowl. 'I'm crushed because the Redskins didn't even make the playoffs this year, but I'm going to root for Miami this year because, you know, I'm a Florida boy.'

Rock And Roll Hall Of Famer Ray Charles will sing 'America The Beautiful' at the Super Bowl, while 'N Sync labelmates the Backstreet Boys will perform the national anthem. Meanwhile, Chasez's pick, the Miami Dolphins, will face off against their long-time AFC adversaries the Oakland Raiders in the playoffs tomorrow (January 6), starting at 4 p.m. ET and airing on CBS.

-- Jason Gelman, New York, and Neal Weiss, Los Angeles

Return to “Joshua Chasez”